Are Gay People Born Gay?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Are Gay People Born Gay?

#31 Post by Bobcat » 2 years ago

John S wrote: ↑23 hours ago
The problem I see with women not accepting the counsel and the reality that the woman should allow the man to make a final decision in a marriage is the attitude of women today and cannot be supported Biblically.
Hi John,

What you said is in line with how several Bibles translate Gen 3:16 NET and how sin would affect women.

Bobcat

John S

#32 Post by John S » 2 years ago

Deborah,

Nabal was named correctly, as he was worthless,...senseless....full of hate, stingy, and unresponsive to the men who had saved his livelihood, and life.

But we are talking about a different matter.

Oh yes, Abigail was brilliant,....bold when she needed to be, silent when she knew it would do best, a wise woman, and she became a powerful woman politically as a result of her action in the time of dire consequence, when her family may have been slaughtered.

Yes, she went around her husband too. Point taken.

I am speaking now, of a man who shoulders his God given responsibilities, worships the powers bove, worships his wife and children, and handles every problem and disappointment with courage, and faith in God.

A wife needs to be supportive at that time. Not like Job’s wife, who when all hell had been poured down upon her and her family and husband, understandably, cried out in defeat to Job, “ Curse God, ....and die!”

Get it over with! Admit defeat! But Job would not give up.

This is what Gay, and Lesbian fighters want.

“ Give it up! You are surrounded by US, and we hold the power of influence, as movie and entertainment leaders are in control, politicians in Washington are immoral, murderers,homosexuals themselves, many.”

The tide is against you Christians! Give up!

No. They will survive as those who have separated themselves from the world. True , loyal Christians accept no compromise, remain firm in Gods ways and directives.

Good Christian husbands recognize wives who are loyal, loving, faithful, and honor them as equals in the race for life and integrity. These husbands give all to their wives and children, putting themselves second , and their desires ,hobbies, interests second to the family’s needs.

These Christian men sacrifice their time, and bodies, in hard work, full time, and protect their families with their lives. And they go to the point of doing the best they can for their children’s children too.

Gay and Lesbian are unnatural, adoptive families, who will struggle, but in the end, receive as an inheritance a crippled outlook on what is good and bad, and they will suffer as their parents do, working what is obscene, and not having God’s blessing on their family, as Paul states,

“God, gives them up to do the things not fitting.” Romans 2

Did Eve suffer as Gen3:16 said? That Adam would dominate her?

Well, she submitted to having many children, and obviously did not leave her husband at all , but came to crave him as God said would happen.

A good wife, treated well and with love should crave her husband, not scheme to dump him for a younger man, or one more wealthy, as we see happening today. Or sexual urges for the same sex, KNOWING it is a forbidden and disgusting thing to be ashamed of before God and mankind.

No matter what gay and lesbian preferences are, they all clamour for acceptance. The vast majority though, huge majority, would hate to see their sons or daughters defile their life and place of honor in society or in heaven by seeing their child turn to that lifestyle .

The gay and lesbian influence is unhealthy, unbalanced, and in my perception, and I am not alone, is not productive, but counterproductive...no children result from such a union....NONE.

1 John 2:15-17

I see the Mormon church has capitulated now, and welcomes the homosexual community into their ranks as accepted into all stations in the church.

Many JW children, have scorned the Bible, and are entering the gay lifestyle, . They are DFed, and cast out by family and friends. I have members in my family too, that are in that growing group. I do not condemn them. But we both know what the Bible says, and they have passed on being Christians and seek the pleasures of this world, and it’s acceptance.

Christians are foretold to be persecuted and murdered by society as a favor to God soon, as the right thing to do....kill us all, because we refuse to compromise.

So don’t be surprised when this happens.

But, I encourage all here, do not accept compromise with morals, and stay true to Paul, and the Apostles who lived and died horrible deaths by standing out as different, moral, and chaste in the 1st century.

“Be faithful unto death, Jesus said, and I will give you the crown of life.” Rev. 3

AmosAu2

#33 Post by AmosAu2 » 2 years ago

Hi John,

I simply must support your stand on what is commonly called, Gender or marriage equality! This practice is absolutely anti scripture, both OT & NT.

I'm not going to repost any of the scriptures, as most have already been quoted. I"ll be quite blunt about it, the bible is either right or wrong.
I believe there is no room to even try to debate or modify the very plain & clear statements from our Father, as some have tried to do.
I firmly believe it is a "practice of sin," in this case homosexuality, that is absolutely forbidden in the scriptures. There is NO wiggle room to the contrary, PERIOD.

Regards, Amos.

Bruno

#34 Post by Bruno » 2 years ago

John S wrote:
2 years ago

nay, we will not accept the Biblical teaching that God is going to punish ANYone at all! But everyone will be forced, by reincarnation 1000’s of times if necessary and subject all others to live in an anti- god world while the spoiled brats get to rape and sodomize them and their children, and like in my wife’s hometown, abduct children two last week, to sell as prostitutes in other countries, or murder them for their organs, eyes, etc.

That you want to teach others to sin in so doing, puts you as an enemy of the Bible truth, and join with others who say,

“You will not die!......” Gen. 2
https://discussthetruth.com/viewtopic.p ... =20#p36227
Don't worry I'm not going to derail the thread. I just want to keep the record straight as John for some reason keeps fighting with these guys :)

Karl

DeborahsTree

#35 Post by DeborahsTree » 2 years ago

John,

(Luke 10:25-37) . . .Now, look! a certain man versed in the Law rose up, to test him out, and said: “Teacher, by doing what shall I inherit everlasting life?” 26 He said to him: “What is written in the Law? How do you read?” 27 In answer he said: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind,’ and, ‘your neighbor as yourself.’” 28 He said to him: “You answered correctly; ‘keep on doing this and you will get life.’”

29 But, wanting to prove himself righteous, the man said to Jesus: “Who really is my neighbor?” 30 In reply Jesus said: “A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jer′i·cho and fell among robbers, who both stripped him and inflicted blows, and went off, leaving him half-dead. 31 Now, by coincidence, a certain priest was going down over that road, but, when he saw him, he went by on the opposite side. 32 Likewise, a Levite also, when he got down to the place and saw him, went by on the opposite side. 33 But a certain Sa·mar′i·tan traveling the road came upon him and, at seeing him, he was moved with pity. 34 So he approached him and bound up his wounds, pouring oil and wine upon them. Then he mounted him upon his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two de·nar′i·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said, ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I come back here.’ 36 Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man that fell among the robbers?” 37 He said: “The one that acted mercifully toward him.” Jesus then said to him: “Go your way and be doing the same yourself.”

There are active homosexuals and lesbians who seek Christ and are called to him. Who am I to say to them, "No" the Son of God is not calling you, you are an active homosexual." Who am I to say to them, "First do as I say and clean up your sinful ways before partaking of the emblems" at the Memorial? Do I know where the spirit of God is? Do I know the mind of God?

Am I not also a sinner before God? I am no one. I am nothing. Who am I to tell even one brother or sister what the spirit of God is doing or not doing?

If they are called, then they are called.

John S

#36 Post by John S » 2 years ago

1 Cor. 6:9,10

“Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers I’ll inherit the kingdom of God.

And that is what some of you were.But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”

Once people repent, and change, and have faith they can be forgiven and stop the practices, yes.

But we cannot allow practices of sexual perversion to come inside our holy meetings and rub shoulders and pal around in our intimate fellowship, because we will be affected, especially those who are weak, uneducated, and UNWARY....like children whom homosexuals most often prey upon.

Your argument is with God, not me, but as I take his side, I refer to his words to makeup my mind what is good and what is evil.....what will lead to annihillation.

John S

#37 Post by John S » 2 years ago

We can say,

‘Well, people are born that way....some want to have sex with others of the same genders ‘

Ok, so what?

Most people are born wanting to have sex, lots of sex, with any and everyone they can.

Al Christians I know....have sexual urges. They are born that way.

So what?

Jesus said, “the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

And , “the minding of the flesh leads to corruption from the flesh”

“The spirit is life giving, but the flesh is of no use at all.”

So Christian wannabees, must make decisions to ‘impale the flesh and it’s passions’, so that they learn to DISCIPLINE their bodies, and lead them( their bodies) as slaves, not let their passions rule their lives.

This is good behavior 101. Anyone not curbing his passions sexually becomes a problem in society, and turns out as a sex offender, rapist, and murderer , and the world is full of them.

This doesn’t mean we allow that kind of person free reign to live among those who regulate their thinking....number one....and conduct, number 2.

God has stipulated law, as sin. And the laws of all the earth used to forbid homosexuality, adultery, prostitution.

But now, these are being allowed, and are among the practices glorified on tv and entertainment.

Whorehouses, dens of sexual orgies, drug use for entertainment, drunkenness,

So , are you saying we should accept this now and welcome it all with open arms?

Go ahead if you want. But that doesnt mean it’s allowed in the Christian congregation.

Separate yourselves, and I will take you in, is what God says, ....not...

I will allow ANY and ALL immoral sexual conduct as my sons bride, they can be whores and he will still love and cherish them, and make them kings and priests over the earth, and they will teach..

“ALL this conduct is pure..and holy!”

Sorry, you are not listening to God, but the world.

John S

#38 Post by John S » 2 years ago

Now, I had said more than enough on this....too much.

It is wrong to try to reason with people who reject God’s word. And is counter-productive, and will lead to hatred , but since others here are listening, I said it the last time.....

Use your Bible , all, do not listen to popular opinion, that will get you killed.

Wisdom and discipline are what fools despise, Proverbs says.

So all of you can take a stand wherever you choose.

I have made my decision as to what is righ, wrong, good, or evil.

I choose life. And will listen to the Bible, God’s Law, and not be a slave of men.

The world stands condemned, and this behavior is outlined as evil, destined for destruction. Deny it some will, as they either desire it themselves, or consent with those doing it. But Christians will recognize this as succumbing to desires of the flesh that are a ruination of our relationship with God, and Jesus, and a destruction of the spirit in our lives.

There is nothing holy about succumbing to weaknesses of sexual nature.

Don’t try to make homosexuality out as a natural action of love between godly people, but is giving way to sexual lust and weakness of the flesh, as much as adultery, fornication, in every form is.

It doesn’t matter.....sin is sin, and this one is tagged in the Bible as particularly condemned by God.

I will not post on this subject again.

Bruno

#39 Post by Bruno » 2 years ago

DeborahsTree wrote:
2 years ago
John,

(Luke 10:25-37) . . .Now, look! a certain man versed in the Law rose up, to test him out, and said: “Teacher, by doing what shall I inherit everlasting life?” 26 He said to him: “What is written in the Law? How do you read?” 27 In answer he said: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind,’ and, ‘your neighbor as yourself.’” 28 He said to him: “You answered correctly; ‘keep on doing this and you will get life.’”

29 But, wanting to prove himself righteous, the man said to Jesus: “Who really is my neighbor?” 30 In reply Jesus said: “A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jer′i·cho and fell among robbers, who both stripped him and inflicted blows, and went off, leaving him half-dead. 31 Now, by coincidence, a certain priest was going down over that road, but, when he saw him, he went by on the opposite side. 32 Likewise, a Levite also, when he got down to the place and saw him, went by on the opposite side. 33 But a certain Sa·mar′i·tan traveling the road came upon him and, at seeing him, he was moved with pity. 34 So he approached him and bound up his wounds, pouring oil and wine upon them. Then he mounted him upon his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two de·nar′i·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said, ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I come back here.’ 36 Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man that fell among the robbers?” 37 He said: “The one that acted mercifully toward him.” Jesus then said to him: “Go your way and be doing the same yourself.”

There are active homosexuals and lesbians who seek Christ and are called to him. Who am I to say to them, "No" the Son of God is not calling you, you are an active homosexual." Who am I to say to them, "First do as I say and clean up your sinful ways before partaking of the emblems" at the Memorial? Do I know where the spirit of God is? Do I know the mind of God?

Am I not also a sinner before God? I am no one. I am nothing. Who am I to tell even one brother or sister what the spirit of God is doing or not doing?

If they are called, then they are called.
Hi Deborah :)

I found a little poem I think goes nicely with your post. Like with Jesus it comes with a price tag, but I think its free to use Galatians 3:13-15. Apollos will find out if he gets billed for me posting it :o

Christ paid the price to free us from the curse that the laws in Moses’ Teachings bring by becoming cursed instead of us. Scripture says, “Everyone who is hung on a tree is cursed.” 14 Christ paid the price so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to all the people of the world through Jesus Christ and we would receive the promised Spirit through faith, Galatians 3:13-15

Anyone who calls themselves a Christian has the ultimate confession to make, for Christ did not come for the healthy but for those in need of medication.

https://skitguys.com/videos/confession- ... confession
Karl

LonelySheep

#40 Post by LonelySheep » 2 years ago

Hisclarkness wrote:
2 years ago
Hi lonelysheep,

You said that you believe that homosexual intercourse is a sin based on scripture. What do you make of homosexual love? If two men or two women fall in love with each other, is that wrong? What if they get married, live together, and build a life with each other but never have intercourse? Is that wrong? Is it wrong if two men kiss? Or if two women hold hands? Why or why not and based on what understanding? If a gay couple is married and has kids and built a stable family should they break that family up in the name of “following God?”

Hopefully by now you can see the dilemma that presents itself for many gay people and the limits of what the Bible does and does not say on this matter. There is something deeper here than simply “gay sex”. This is deeper than simply “resisting the urge to sin”.

While it might seem like just another sin you are unknowingly condemning many people’s very existence. I understand that you’re effectively saying hate the sin and not the sinner. What I’m saying is that in this particular case it is impossible to separate the two. Yes, people are more than just their sexual activity. But that is my exact point with gay people. Being gay is more than just sex.
I did do research on this topic, at the same time as I was questioning many of the JW teachings that I accepted as truth. To me, I did not find the arguments justifying homosexual behavior to be persuasive to me. I found them to be really stretching and reaching to find a way to make it okay. But that's me, and what I found. I understand that other people have in good conscience reached a different conclusion. That's between them and Jehovah.

I think that attraction towards the same sex is part of developing imperfection. Feeling love toward the same sex in a romantic way I don't believe is a normal or intended state. But ultimately feelings are feelings, and not actions. We are responsible for our actions. So no, I don't believe homosexual love is a sin. Getting married is wrong, as is kissing and holding hands in a romantic way. All of that falls into actions that are contrary to scripture because a romantic relationship between the same sex is not to be acted upon or encouraged.

I am not condemning anyone's existence. Being gay is indeed more than just sex. But it is the actions that are condemned, not the existence. We all have feelings and desires that are contrary to God's will. We are judged on how we act or do not act upon them, nothing else.

These people do face a harsh dilemma and a deep struggle. I have the same sympathy for those who struggle with substance addiction and mental illness. Only Jehovah knows to what extent it is really possible for some people to follow His will in some circumstances. Which is why it is none of my business and not subject to my judgment. I am only responsible to love and support and reflect Christ to the best of my ability.