Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Blood Transfusions

#301 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Someone on Reddit posted about a brief article in the Awake magazine about blood transfusions and thievery. The 1 paragraph article can be seen here.

(The link will load a PDF of the 1969 Awake bound volume and then open to the correct page. The article is in column 3 on the right.)

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Governing Body History

#302 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Here is a post on Reddit that has some very interesting history regarding the Governing Body as it exists in the WT.

It makes for some fascinating reading.

Bobcat

Stranger

Re: Interesting Stuff

#303 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

The poster on reddit said:
The so-called "governing body" was not present in the first century, it was not present in 1919, it was not fully present in JWs until 1976,
For those that didn't realize or know here is a bit of JW trivia:

Also in 1976 they decided to capitalize the (W) in Jehovah's witnesses.

Stranger

Victor

Re: Interesting Stuff - Governing Body History

#304 Post by Victor » 2 months ago

Has the current Governing Body read Ray Franz' books or perhaps their helpers have?

Franz wrote the teaching that all the anointed were the FDS was not in reality being practiced. He said the Bethel leaders never canvas the anointed outside of Bethel for their spiritual guidance but rather the Bethel leadership takes the lead in deciding all spiritual matters.

And so today, the Bethel leadership is the official FDS.

Franz wrote the massive laundry and kitchen operations were unnecessary. And today Bethel rooms have their own laundry and kitchen facilities.

A careful dive into Franz' books may provide more "coincidences" of "theocratic change" the Governing Body has decided to implement.

A prophet Franz was.

John S

#305 Post by John S » 2 months ago

Yes that part is true,

...that at first those who received the Spirit were to be given a voice in the exchange of spiritual thought. And the collective Faithful Slave was the way to view all the anointed.

When I received the adoption, and the Christ came to me in a vision of sorts or direct communication, I was thrilled and I did not withhold anything, but preached to all I could about how we all should acquire total forgiveness, and receive the spirit rebirth. Of course I was treated like a drug user maniac, and shunned by everyone.

Now, I am crazy for Christ, as I and all here should be....following every word he spoke, and communicating with him just as we do with the Father. Times have changed since Christ poured out the Spirit. It is time to draw close to Christ as well as the Father. It is the Father’s will we recognize Christ as God also, not just an angel, and we can talk to him and have his Spirit in us in addition the the Father’s.

Look it up.Romans 8

menrov

Re: Interesting Stuff - Blue Letter Bible WebSite

#306 Post by menrov » 2 months ago

Not sure if shared before but if interested in extensive information about every verse, check this site: https://www.blueletterbible.org/
If you view a verse, you can select TOOLS and offers the following options: Interlinear, Bibles, Cross Reference, Commentaries, Dictionaries and Miscellaneous (includes maps eg. Gen. 1:1).

Enjoy

Bobcat

#307 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Thank you Menrov! I'll be exploring it.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Standing Up for Oneself

#308 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

An interesting and balanced video on sticking up for yourself when other cross your boundaries (i.e. Narcissists):

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Bobcat (Well sort of ...)

#309 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Decided I would go ahead and post my picture:

That's me (or a reasonable facsimile 8-) ) Well . . . at least the name is right.

No doubt he is wearing these.

Bobcat

Stranger

#310 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Is that Bobcat mower for hire? I didn't realize you had a line of mowers now Bobcat.

Another month and we'll be having to cut grass again around here. I've got so much grass to cut though it gives me plenty of time for spiritual thought. I just might have to see about getting me one.

Stranger