Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Interesting Stuff

#421 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Stranger wrote:
1 month ago
I think that it would be a good discussion to point out some of those elements and intended effects just in case this site is under infiltration. There has been mention of "evil suspicions", but who in their right mind wouldn't be suspicious when there's evil around?
Save the Corporation!
Element 1) Tactical shielding.

Intended effect: Save the remaining. (We need all that we have left.)

Hi all,

Nothing protects it's flock better from a stranger in the yard than a rooster. Does the Governing Body have a rooster of their OWN that can provide that tactical shielding of the "thinking about class of future renegade troublemakers'? It's no doubt at this point they would be in defend or recapture mode with this class. I personally would call this class lurkers or beginner surfers, on this end or position. It's a very competitive market and the apostates as well as non apostates should be aware of the flanking defense the Watchtower Corporation is mounting.

The other two classes should be discussed at least briefly, as well as Governing Body theory and planning of their war on apostates of their definition. But not in this post or perhaps not this thread unless Bobcat and others feel this is the appropriate place and topic.

Stranger

Stranger

#422 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Stranger wrote:
1 month ago
The other two classes should be discussed at least briefly, as well as Governing Body theory and planning of their war on apostates of their definition. But not in this post or perhaps not this thread unless Bobcat and others feel this is the appropriate place

With no objection from the "Chair Force", I'll proceed at ease with the presentation of element 2 and define the "straying class" which could also be called the middle class of the three in terms of level of threat to Corporation deterioration.

Save the Corporation!
Element 2) Target discrimination

Intended effect: Salvage the possible bring backs. (We need all the help we can get.)

Hi all,

The straying class who presently has one foot in the door but two arms and a foot out the door has to be selectively targeted and proved worthy of being infiltrated for recommission. This would be one level above the "oxygen thief" range apostate, according to Governing Body definition, or in other words, Corporate standards. (WTBTS)

The other class that has not been fully identified yet will be discussed but not in this post or perhaps not this thread but in the next briefing, barring any objections.

Stranger

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Rotary Wings

#423 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

If you like seeing helicopters, here is an eyeful:

Those Ospreys are loud (with a capital L). I see them in my area every once in a while and you can hear their distinct sound a long way off.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Optical Illusions

#424 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Experimenting with affects that trick the mind into seeing colors that are not there: Here.

Bobcat

Orchid61

#425 Post by Orchid61 » 1 month ago

Hi,

I love dragonflies :hearteyes:

Love Maria 🌷

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - American Adventism (Video)

#426 Post by Bobcat » 4 weeks ago

A video on the history of American Adventism. It includes about C T Russell (starting at about 37:30).

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - 2021 Annual Meeting Notes

#427 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

Someone sent us a link to the Annual Meeting. The theme is (if I remeber correctly), "Stay alert spiritually and follow the Channel." Here is some of the er ... "new light":
1. They have changed how they understand Jn 5:28, 29. Previously, they explained that the 'practicing of good and vile things' were things done after they were resurrected. Their new explanation follows how this post (from 6 years ago) explains it. See also this post from 7 years ago. (So, yes, they are seeing the light, finally!)

2. They still hold to an invisible parousia in contrast to Mt 24:27.

3. They still apply the sheep of the parable of the sheep & goats to the great crowd, contra the discussion in this post.

4. Many of their explanations are still greatly skewed by their thinking that being anointed applies only to the 144,000. (Compare Jn 3:3, 5; See also this post and thread.)

5. Sam Herd discussed Mt 24:29-31 and says that their new understanding is that the anointed will all be in heaven before the end is finished. The talk was concerning worries about what those remaining will do without the anointed. Will apostasy break out within the great crowd? His reasoning was a bit foggy. (For comparison regarding Mt 24:4-35 see this thread.)
A. He speaks of the last days since 1914. (Contrast this post.) He also repeated the odd idea that "the times of restoration of all things" (Ac 3:21) started in 1914. Regarding "the times of restoration of all things" in Ac 3:21, Constable's Notes offer this:
The phrase “times of refreshing” (Ac 3:19) seems to refer to the blessings connected with the day of the Lord, particularly the Millennium, in view of how Peter described them in verses Ac 3:20-21. They connect with the second coming of Messiah, the “period” of restoration of all things. They are the subjects of Old Testament prophecy. Zechariah predicted that the Jews would one day accept Messiah whom they had formerly rejected (Zech. 12:10-14; cf. Deut. 30:1-3; Jer. 15:19; 16:15; 24:6; 50:19; Ezek. 16:55; Hos. 11:11; Rom. 11:25-27). Peter urged them to do that now.
For the WT it started in 1914. Again, all the talk is honoring the GB. The GB will be mighty warriors during the great tribulation, so everyone else won't have to worry. They can all hide in safety.
6. They are still holding to 607 BC. (Contrast this post.) AMIII did some light-hearted joking about JWs thinking the end would come years ago, even generations ago.

7. They referred again to "Gog" as a "coalition of nations." (Contrast this post and included links.)

Much honor and self-adulation is being given to the GB in all this. It's almost sickening to see this. Also many unsupported assertions (as is usual with much of WT theology). I'll update this post as I hear more. (They said that the Jan 2022 monthly broadcast will review the program.)

It is over now. And the main impression they tried to give is how the GB are such benefactors and should be trusted. (Contrast Lu 22:25) This idea was woven into everything in the entire program. And I mean everything.

Incidentally, they said right at the beginning not to post your notes about the meeting on the Internet. I would think that "my notes" would fall under the legal principle stated at Mt 20:15. But that's me. :shrug:

Bobcat

Proselytiser of Jah

Re: Interesting Stuff - American Adventism (Video)

#428 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
4 weeks ago
A video on the history of American Adventism. It includes about C T Russell (starting at about 37:30).

Bobcat
Isn't it crazy that they got so wrapped up in numbers and predictions, which blinded them to Jesus' words "nobody knows the hour, only the Father".
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Bobcat

#429 Post by Bobcat » 6 days ago

An op-ed piece on David Splane's 'apostate' talk in the 2021 Regional Convention: Here.

Bobcat