Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
AmosAU

Re: Interesting Stuff - Wicked Shepherds

#391 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

I'd highly recommend all viewers to read as much as they can on the Wicked Pastors site.

Regards, Amos.

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Wicked Shepherds

#392 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

In recognition of Amos' good advice, here is a sample page from the Wicked Shepherds site that will strike a cord with many who frequent here. And yet, it never mentions WT or JWs. But the methods it describes are readily recognizable.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff

#393 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Oh no! I've been IDed: Here.

But I must say, I am a handsome little fellow. :whistle:

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - GroupThink

#394 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

A post (here) with discussion and links to the phenomenon sometimes called GroupThink.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Zechariah 8:23

#395 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

The Saturday afternoon session of the 2021 Regional Convention has a talk and video referring to Zechariah 8:23 and the ten men of the nations taking hold of the skirt of a Jew.

The WT applies the fulfillment of this prophecy to modern times only. But the first two links in this post show that the apostle Paul indicated how this prophecy was already having a fulfillment in the first century.

The third link in that post shows how "these seventy years" in Zechariah 1:12 & 7:5 provide a way to calculate the correct year of Jerusalem's destruction by Babylon (that is, 587 BCE). The part 1 convention drama on Daniel still uses WT's fabricated date of 607 BCE.

Regarding whether Nebuchadnezzar remembered his dream in Daniel chapter 2, see this post, at the bottom of the post in the Notes section.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Yahweh's Name & Meaning

#396 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

A web page entitled, What Is God's Name in Hebrew?: Here.

There were a couple of recent Reddit AcademicBiblical threads on this topic:

I thought these may be of interest to some.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Alan Feuerbacher

#397 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

I came across a web page having numerous articles written by one Alan Feuerbacher: Here.

Alan is/was a former JW. I haven't read them all, so I can't vouch and/or give my agreement to everything he has written. But they do have some interesting observations on various topics.

Here is another web page of Alan's with numerous write-ups.

Bobcat

AmosAU

Re: Interesting Stuff

#398 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

Thanks for posting these last 2 links. I'm sure they will be helpful.

Regards, Amos.

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Finding "the Truth" (Experiences)

#399 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

A YouTube compilation of experiences of people finding "the truth" (approx. 13 minutes in length):

Some of this reminded me of 2Th 2:9-10. But I am also reminded of Mt 11:27 and that if we are of a right heart, we will be found by the One who can read hearts.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Worst Year to be Alive

#400 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

I ran across another video describing the worst year in history. I have another post that has a couple of other videos on the topic: Here. (Actually, it turns out this video is one of those other videos. But it was worth reposting.)

At any rate . . .

Bobcat