Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - WT 1975 Predictions

#401 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Someone on Reddit cataloged numerous WT publication quotes regarding the end taking place by 1975 or within the 20th century. Everything is located within the OP and consists of links to separate threads with specific quotes.

The compilation of links can be found here.

I guess I should add an after thought to this: In some ways these kind of things leave me a little sad for the ones who relish these. For many who respond to these WT gaffs, they see the idea that any claim that there will be a day of judgment is false. It is proof, to them, that they can forget about any responsibility towards God and Christ.

It leaves me wondering if the NT's 'end is near' type of thinking is part of a larger Divine effort to reveal the heart condition of each one. (Compare Luke 2:34, 35; See also this post about the idea of Christians being 'vetted.')

Bobcat

AmosAU

Re: Interesting Stuff

#402 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

Thanks for posting these links, I'll check them out soon.

I do agree with your sentiments regarding any who relish seeing the WT being exposed for their errors of teaching. I personally see this as a failing. Instead of using the information to motivate a search for the real truth of scripture, they become obsessed with bashing others.

Yes, heart condition is such an important thing for us to cultivate... Search for our Father, He can indeed be found.

Regards, Amos.

AmosAU

Re: Interesting Stuff - Worst Year to be Alive

#403 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

Bobcat wrote:
2 months ago
I ran across another video describing the worst year in history. I have another post that has a couple of other videos on the topic: Here. (Actually, it turns out this video is one of those other videos. But it was worth reposting.)

At any rate . . .

Bobcat
Thanks for this one too Bobcat.

I should do some research into the dates surrounding 536 AD. This may have a relevance to events surrounding the establishment of Islam and the Holy Roman Empire.

Regards, Amos.

Bobcat

#404 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Hi Amos,
536 AD. This may have a relevance to events surrounding the establishment of Islam and the Holy Roman Empire.

That would be interesting. I was trying to listen to the video yesterday during my lunch break at work, but someone kept trying to talk to me so that I couldn't follow it. So I don't know if the video expresses any relationship with Islam or not. A quick Google search puts the start of Islam at around 632 AD. But it could be that earlier events (such as 536) set the stage for it.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Depopulation Agendas

#405 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

On the subject of depopulation conspiracies/agendas, see this post (with link).

Bobcat

Stranger

#406 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

This is our so called elected President in the US, be glad if you don't live here, the shame is really starting to settle in now. If you know the story of the WT and the shame that comes from it, one could compare that to the Whitehouse and the last six months of it's governing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR64g1538Bk

Stranger

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Eric's Commentary on Splane's Apostacy Talk

#407 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Below is Eric Wilson's video reviewing David Splane's Apostacy talk, which was the last part on Saturday of the 2021 Regional Convention. The review makes some very interesting points. The talk itself also reveals a heightened sense of paranoia within the WT.

The WT has reached the level of mental derangement wherein anyone who expresses an opinion or view that is different from the WT is to be considered an "enemy." Any news report that isn't flattering to the WT is nothing more than intentional lies. It couldn't possibly be just an actual news report.

Imagine subscribing to or being influenced by such an attitude. If your favorite car is a Toyota, then, anyone having a different favorite would be branded as your enemy and shunned. And on top of that, you allow yourself the right to change your favorite car whenever you see fit. And if you change your favorite to be the same as your 'enemy's' favorite, guess what? He is still your enemy, because he dared to have a different view than you used to have.

Such an attitude would probably be branded as psychopathic. This is the kind of dangerous thinking that WT wants to instill in its followers.

One of the reasons for all this is that WT has attempted to build faith in themselves instead of just trying to build faith in God and Christ. And thus, any disagreement with the WT is branded as an attack on JWs faith. If they had just stuck to building faith in God and Christ, they wouldn't need to worry about what others said about themselves. (Compare Ex 3:11; 1Sa 18:18; 2Sa 7:18; Lu 17:10; 1Co 1:13; 3:5-7)

Some also see in this the WT's efforts to close the minds of JWs towards yet more bad news in the future. Either way, it is interesting to watch Eric dissect this talk.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#408 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

A letter from a father to a son about why he left his religion: Here.

It made for some interesting reading.

Bobcat

AmosAU

#409 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

Thankis for posting this letter. I feel the same responsibility toward my own children. Perhaps they might read this letter.

He has covered the most important points of interest, particularly the failed propheies.

Regards. Amos.

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - WT/UN Relationship

#410 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Links to letters and information regarding the WT's UN affiliation from 1992 to 2001: Here.

Just cataloging it for ease of reference.

Bobcat