Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Savannah, Ga C-130 Crash

#381 Post by Bobcat » 3 months ago

Hi Stranger,

I was on I-95 heading towards Pooler (heading to Hwy 80) to drop off chemical samples when the crash occurred. I could see the smoke near the airport. And if I remember correctly there were reports on the radio of the crash.

As the video shows, the crash was of the stall/spin variety. Almost always fatal because it represents a complete loss of control. It didn't help that it occurred shortly after takeoff. They went down with a full load of jet fuel.

For reference, this post has video of a 747 stall and crash in Bagram, Afganistan. With its swept back wings, you can see the 747 wobble just before going down. This is characteristic of how swept wings stall. Unswept wings (such as on the C-130) will typically roll over when they enter an uncontrolled stall. When it is close to the ground the end result is usually the same.

Bobcat

Stranger

Re: Interesting Stuff

#382 Post by Stranger » 3 months ago

Here's something you may be interested in, a list of incidents and accidents involving military aircraft. (2010-2019) A good many more than I was aware of but it's not surprising. (When you play with fire you will get burned) (Job 41:21)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... 2010–2019)

I heard this one on the radio the other night from a little station in R. Hill. I think you'll remember it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opBe5z0qwRE

Stranger, (Isa 6:6)

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff

#383 Post by Bobcat » 3 months ago

Hi Stranger,

That was a neat application of Mt 24:20. A 20th/21st century application. :clap:
'Pray that your flight has a crew that follows their checklists.'

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Mass Indoctrination

#384 Post by Bobcat » 3 months ago

I found a thread on Quora that struck a cord. It can be found here. But I also copied it for posting here. Make of it what you will:
How were ordinary Germans convinced so easily that killing 6 million Jews was required?

There was no need to convince the mass of ordinary Germans. The Holocaust was not talked about publicly and the number of Nazis directly involved in the extermination program was small.

Mass indoctrination in Nazi ideology was more along the lines of “trust the Führer, do as you are told, and don’t question”.

Voting for fascists is signing a blank cheque to allow the regime to do whatever it wants. Once in power, they cease to be accountable to the average Joe.

The Nazis did not trumpet their ickier programs because they understood propaganda and tried to avoid generation cognitive dissonance among the plebs as much as possible. The really nasty jobs were entrusted only to the hard core fanatics while the hoi poloi was kept at arms length and just fed the required dose of bullcrap to keep them obedient.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Mormons

#385 Post by Bobcat » 3 months ago

A thread by poster Nightingale about the Mormons: Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - New Technologies

#386 Post by Bobcat » 3 months ago

A catch-all thread about interesting new technologies: Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Wicked Shepherds

#387 Post by Bobcat » 3 months ago

An interesting link that poster leaving_quietly used in a post from a few years ago: Here. The site looked worth reposting.

Bobcat

AmosAU

#388 Post by AmosAU » 3 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

Thanks for re-posting the link to the site LQ posted previously.

This is very timely as I was having a discussion with a brother about this type of thing only a few hours ago.

Regards, Amos.

Bobcat

#389 Post by Bobcat » 3 months ago

Ah yes, great minds think alike! The vibes from your conversation were felt 'round the world.' :D

Bobcat

AmosAU

#390 Post by AmosAU » 3 months ago

Bobcat wrote:
3 months ago
Ah yes, great minds think alike! The vibes from your conversation were felt 'round the world.' :D

Bobcat
There's much more truth in this than most people know.

I'm almost afraid to tell some of what I've come to know.

Even our thoughts can travel to other people we know and love! I've seen evidence of this and proven it many times.

Regards, Amos.