Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff

#491 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Stranger,

Above the one walking on the ice, sitting in the leaning tree just before it becomes a sideways Y. (Pretending to be an owl. :D )

Those were the only two I saw so far. It is amazing how well their coats naturally camouflage them.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Mormon Experience

#492 Post by Bobcat » 4 weeks ago

Here's a familiar story.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Four Word Rule for Learning

#493 Post by Bobcat » 4 weeks ago

One professor's four words for learning: Here

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - WT Doctrinal Changes

#494 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

A 182 page PDF of various WT doctrinal changes: Here.

I'm not sure how long this will be available. So if it is of interest you might want to download it.

Bobcat

AmosAU

Re: Interesting Stuff - WT Doctrinal Changes

#495 Post by AmosAU » 3 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote: 3 weeks ago A 182 page PDF of various WT doctrinal changes: Here.

I'm not sure how long this will be available. So if it is of interest you might want to download it.

Bobcat
Thanks for posting this paper. I had a previous edition of it dated 2013. This version has been greatly expanded.

Regards, Amos.

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Optical Illusions

#496 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

A few more optical illusions:
1. How many horses?: Here

2. Moving boxes: Here.

3. Twenty-one illusions: Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - WT Declaration of Facts

#497 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

A Wikipedia article with a bit of interesting WT history: Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Murmuration & Drones

#498 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

An article with video on starling murmurations and how drones interfere: Here.

Bobcat

Stranger

#499 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

I just wanted to share an e-mail sent to me from Wikipedia, hopefully everyone else got one too.
Dear Stranger,

I'm so grateful to be the one who thanks you for the one-time gift of $ 103.10 you made to the Wikimedia Endowment. I want to take this opportunity to celebrate your generosity and your exceptional willingness to take part in creating a better future for the world. With this donation to Wikimedia’s long-term security fund, you're allowing us to look far ahead, with hope and confidence that free knowledge will be supported for generations to come.

I founded Wikipedia 20 years ago. Since then, our beloved encyclopedia has grown a lot, through good times and hardships, and today, more than ever, it is serving its true purpose. It helps millions of people study, discover, explore, and research.

Each day, Wikipedia gives readers a new chance to acquire the knowledge that is so rightfully theirs, no matter what their circumstances might be.

You’re the one who makes this possible. Your support allows edits to be made and articles to reach new readers; it gives our non-profit the means to stay true to its mission, even as Wikipedia has become one of the most visited websites in the world.

We might not get a chance to blow out the candles in person together, but as we celebrate 20 years of Wikipedia throughout the year, know that you are in the heart of everyone here at the Wikimedia Foundation.

Thank you for everything,
Jimmy Wales,
Wikipedia Founder

For your records: Your donation, number REDACTED*, on 2021-12-20 was $103.10.

Stranger, (Dan 12:4)

Bobcat

#500 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Hi Stranger,

That was good. Wikipedia is a very useful tool and resource. I also donated, although I was not in a position to be as generous as you.

Thanks for helping it to stay online.

Bobcat