Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Interesting Stuff

#501 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote: 3 weeks ago Hi Stranger,

That was good. Wikipedia is a very useful tool and resource. I also donated, although I was not in a position to be as generous as you.

Thanks for helping it to stay online.

Bobcat
I got to be honest, I did not give the first time the message popped up. I was really interested in an article and skipped right over it, then that happened a couple more times so I gave. This is, I think the third or fourth year I have contributed and the same thing occurred each year. I don't believe everything contained in the on-line Encyclopedia to be true but it is rich with Wisdom, History and Knowledge that is there for the taking simply by using your finger tips or if they are feeling lazy you can also just speak your entries. I have heard of other ways to correspond with computers but have not tried them.

Thank you Bobcat for your contribution it's worth every cent!

Stranger, (Mr 12:42-43)

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Wikipedia

#502 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

I don't believe everything contained in the on-line Encyclopedia to be true but it is rich with Wisdom, History and Knowledge that is there for the taking

I agree with you. It isn't perfect. And many things that we are trying to understand are in the in-the process-of-learning phase. But it sure is handy. And it is a good resource for seeing what is known about a given subject.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Optical Illusions

#503 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

A few more optical illusions: Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Picture of Harp of God Book

#504 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

An interesting video by Eric Wilson regarding a picture of The Harp of God book that appears in the October 2021 WT:

Bobcat

AmosAU

#505 Post by AmosAU » 3 weeks ago

That's very interesting Bobcat!

My family had all the original books printed by the WTS. What Eric says here, I believe is quite accurate.

There's been so many cover ups and deliberate lies told, during my lifetime. I have an advantage over many younger (newer) ones, that I remember events from the early 1950's onward. I've seen several times when there were changes of direction made. Most of these changes were used to keep the faithful busy and their mind off some disaster or other that had recently happened within the .org. I try to keep my mind off most of these things as it becomes too depressing when I think of the years of faithful service I put into a very unfaithful cult. I'm talking about the .org itself, not the many beautiful people who were locked within it.

May the floodgates of heaven be opened and a stampede of lovers of YHWH exit the faithless and oppressive .org!

Regards, Amos.

Orchid61

#506 Post by Orchid61 » 3 weeks ago

May the floodgates of heaven be opened and a stampede of lovers of YHWH exit the faithless and oppressive .org!
AMEN

Maria 🌷

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Hubble Telescope Photos

#507 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Some photos from the Hubble Space Telescope: Here.

Bobcat

Stranger

#508 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

This guy here says he has undeniable proof that the ESV, NIV, NASB, Holman Standard, NET, and the JW's NWT are new Vatican versions of the Bible.

Can anyone prove him wrong?

https://brandplucked.webs.com/realcatholicbibles.htm

Stranger

Bobcat

#509 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Hi Stranger,

Just browsing his web page and looking at the tone of his rhetoric, I don't think anyone can prove him wrong. He has convinced himself beyond challenge. He reminds me of the QAnon/Trump followers and similar. Their minds are already made up. (And it's not that everything they believe is wrong.) Too bad such effort couldn't go into a personal search for Bible understanding, regardless of which translation he preferred.

Anyways, that was my impression. Maybe I'm just getting too old and tired to argue. Thanks for the link. There might be some other valuable stuff to 'plunder' from his site. He does have a certain energy about him. (Compare Jdg 6:12-14)

Bobcat

Stranger

#510 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote: 3 weeks ago Anyways, that was my impression. Maybe I'm just getting too old and tired to argue. Thanks for the link. There might be some other valuable stuff to 'plunder' from his site. He does have a certain energy about him. (Compare Jdg 6:12-14)
Hi Bobcat,

Most all KJVonlyist's are like that, (arrogant). However they do make some good points.

Good scripture you quoted BTW.

Stranger