Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - 1975 Audio Statements

#431 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

A YouTube video of audio quotes from Fred Franz and some others about 1975. Someone on Reddit had posted it. It is interesting to hear the seriousness and authority with which the statements about 1975 are given.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Theory of Stupidity

#432 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

A YouTube video on ... stupidity. It is interesting. If you watch it (all 6 minutes of it) I think you will see its relevance.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Butterfly Effect and WWI

#433 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

A video on the butterfly effect. One of the things that caught my attention about it is how the narrator discusses WWI in connection with the butterfly effect. (For some reason it reminded me of this thread.)

Bobcat

Marina

Re: Interesting Stuff

#434 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Bobcat this is Chaos Theory.
Marina

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Butterfly Effect and WWI

#435 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Hi Marina,

Indeed it is. The WWI aspect that the narrator brought up was probably the thing that most caught my attention. The WT used to portray WWI as a mostly unexpected event. In reality, many things went into the 'historical pot' leading up to the war.

(And just to stir up the pot, so-to-speak, for the many guests the forum is getting in recent times, here and here were a couple of posts referring to Ramsey's Theorem, which is somewhat related to chaos theory also. Ramsey's Theorem predicts patterns developing out of apparent randomness.)

Bobcat

Proselytiser of Jah

#436 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 months ago

Marina wrote: 2 months ago Bobcat this is Chaos Theory.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Marina

#437 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Hi Bobcat

Speaking particularly about events since Jesus, there are many small incidents that go into making of wars and disasters. But they always reflect the same spirit. Or to put it another way, the same set of values and priorities. From what I can tell, there is a core of them, a thrust so to speak that stems from apostacy to Jesus Christ.

The idea of small decisions is used by green agenda to get people to think globally act locally. Bit like being in the congregation "he that is faithful in least is faithful in much." And it is true but we know WT hijacked that idea to replace Jesus' values with their own. Similar with green/eco agenda. A fake set of values and priorities is used to replace the truth and attempts are made to engineer group hysteria against those holding to the truth. As confusion and tensions grow, incidents which might otherwise be like manageable fires can set off entire forest fires, thereby sparking war.

After a major crisis like a war, attempts are made to establish a NEW WAY FORWARD. But Jesus said he was the WAY.
Marina

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - "New Scrolls" in Nov 2021 Broadcast

#438 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

On Reddit they are talking about the November WT broadcast and saying that a video shows someone reading the "new scrolls" of Rev 20:12.

For those who don't know, the WT has long inserted the word "new" whenever they discuss the scrolls in Rev 20:12. They've done it so often that they appear to have become believers in their own lie. This is what happens when they silence all dissent and prevent anyone from correcting them. Now that they have top rate video capabilities, they get to wallow in their own lies.

The links in point # 7 in this post go to discussions that show that Jn 12:47-48 & Rom 2:14-16 identify the contents of the "scrolls" (not "new scrolls") of Rev 20:12.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Song Wording Change

#439 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Someone on Reddit posted a parallel graphic of how WT song # 58 used to read, and how song # 50 (same song) now reads. He highlighted the words of interest in yellow. The graphic can be seen here.

The change seems to be somewhat monetary related.

Incidentally, this YouTube channel has a goodly number of videos on various WT songs.

Bobcat

Marina

#440 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Bobcat - Is there anymore info on the Nov WT Broadcast - ie exactly what they said regarding the "new scrolls"?

If you look at the 2016 convention video at 2:31 you see a woman showing odd letters to her child, then they cut to a prophet teaching children. I think the actor is supposed to be Daniel (I forget why) but maybe because of these words

(Daniel 12:4) 4 “And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.. . .

Or perhaps something was said in one of the convention talks about it being Daniel. I can't remember.

Marina