Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Robotics Demo

#511 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

They are getting better at robotics: Here

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Raining Fish

#512 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

An article on fish raining down from the sky in Texas: Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Persecution of Christians

#513 Post by Bobcat » 1 week ago

An article on persecution of Christians worldwide: .

Bobcat

Bobcat

#514 Post by Bobcat » 1 week ago

An article on persecution of Christians worldwide: Here.

I found the link on another forum. And it looked interesting enough to re-post here.

Bobcat

Illusive

#515 Post by Illusive » 1 week ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 week ago
An article on persecution of Christians worldwide: Here.

I found the link on another forum. And it looked interesting enough to re-post here.

Bobcat
The stories of the Martyrs throughout history are meant to be remembered and inspire us all. An amazing story I know of that you might find interesting is about a 14 year old named Jose Luis Sanchez del Rio.

The story is quite harrowing but also inspiring. There was a civil war happening in Mexico at the time, and one side believed in Christianity, while the other side wanted to oppress the Church. Jose Del Rio gave the General of the Army his horse so that he could escape and continue the fight, but they captured him because of it.

As a result, they beat and tortured the 14 year old, leaving him in prison, and telling him that they would spare his life if he would only renounce his faith. They'd mock him and say "We're going to see how much a man you really are." He refused to renounce no matter what they did, so they sliced the skin of the bottoms of his feet and forced him to march around the town barefoot.

When he was offered a final chance to renounce his faith, as he stood in front of his own already dug grave, he shouted "VIVA CHRISTO REY!" as they stabbed him to death, which translated means LONG LIVE CHRIST THE KING.

In a letter to his mother he writes “Do not be worried about my death, as this would make me suffer … Be courageous and send me your blessing, together with the blessing of my father.”
We should remember the martyrdom of the Apostles and how they died, as well as all of the Saints who died and are surely in Heaven.

Apostle Peter who was crucified upside down.

The Apostle Andrew who was crucified on a cross in the shape of an X, and it is said that he took several days to die, and that he preached even while he was dying.

and many other such martyrdoms that are too numerous to count, most recently the Egyptian Orthodox Christians who were publicly beheaded on video, led to the ocean and told to renounce their faith, but refused, and their martyrdom inspired the conversion of one of the ISIS members who accepted the truth. We keep the holy tradition of what they did in our memories to inspire and spread light to others.

No one can ever suffer and die for the Lord Jesus Christ in vain because he would not allow it.
Latin Catholic. Professional Super-Villain. Founder of Cerberus. Follower of the Shepherd who is the savior of humanity. Dank meme enjoyer

Theme song: https://youtu.be/PnuSL7oUimA

Contact me on Discord - The Illusive Man#5157

Marina

Re: Interesting Stuff - Goldfish Driving?

#516 Post by Marina » 1 week ago

Marina

Marina

Re: Interesting Stuff - Otters as Pets

#517 Post by Marina » 1 week ago

I never knew you could keep otters as pets. This is beyond super cute!

Marina

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Robert Alter Translation Comments

#518 Post by Bobcat » 1 week ago

A link to a Reddit AcademicBiblical thread that has some links to discussions by translator Robert Alter on translating problems: Here.

For a little background on Robert Alter, see this post and this one.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - JFR & "Millions Now Living ..."

#519 Post by Bobcat » 14 hours ago

A thread on Reddit about J F Rutherford's statement that "millions now living will never die," and how people should have (back then) taken that statement: Here.

Bobcat