I think that it would be a good discussion to point out some of those elements and intended effects just in case this site is under infiltration. There has been mention of "evil suspicions", but who in their right mind wouldn't be suspicious when there's evil around?
Save the Corporation!
Element 1) Tactical shielding.
Intended effect: Save the remaining. (We need all that we have left.)
Nothing protects it's flock better from a stranger in the yard than a rooster. Does the Governing Body have a rooster of their OWN that can provide that tactical shielding of the "thinking about class of future renegade troublemakers'? It's no doubt at this point they would be in defend or recapture mode with this class. I personally would call this class lurkers or beginner surfers, on this end or position. It's a very competitive market and the apostates as well as non apostates should be aware of the flanking defense the Watchtower Corporation is mounting.
The other two classes should be discussed at least briefly, as well as Governing Body theory and planning of their war on apostates of their definition. But not in this post or perhaps not this thread unless Bobcat and others feel this is the appropriate place and topic.
The other two classes should be discussed at least briefly, as well as Governing Body theory and planning of their war on apostates of their definition. But not in this post or perhaps not this thread unless Bobcat and others feel this is the appropriate place
With no objection from the "Chair Force", I'll proceed at ease with the presentation of element 2 and define the "straying class" which could also be called the middle class of the three in terms of level of threat to Corporation deterioration.
Save the Corporation!
Element 2) Target discrimination
Intended effect: Salvage the possible bring backs. (We need all the help we can get.)
The straying class who presently has one foot in the door but two arms and a foot out the door has to be selectively targeted and proved worthy of being infiltrated for recommission. This would be one level above the "oxygen thief" range apostate, according to Governing Body definition, or in other words, Corporate standards. (WTBTS)
The other class that has not been fully identified yet will be discussed but not in this post or perhaps not this thread but in the next briefing, barring any objections.
Someone sent us a link to the Annual Meeting. The theme is (if I remeber correctly), "Stay alert spiritually and follow the Channel." Here is some of the er ... "new light":
1. They have changed how they understand Jn 5:28, 29. Previously, they explained that the 'practicing of good and vile things' were things done after they were resurrected. Their new explanation follows how this post (from 6 years ago) explains it. See also this post from 7 years ago. (So, yes, they are seeing the light, finally!)
2. They still hold to an invisible parousia in contrast to Mt 24:27.
3. They still apply the sheep of the parable of the sheep & goats to the great crowd, contra the discussion in this post.
4. Many of their explanations are still greatly skewed by their thinking that being anointed applies only to the 144,000. (Compare Jn 3:3, 5; See also this post and thread.)
5. Sam Herd discussed Mt 24:29-31 and says that their new understanding is that the anointed will all be in heaven before the end is finished. The talk was concerning worries about what those remaining will do without the anointed. Will apostasy break out within the great crowd? His reasoning was a bit foggy. (For comparison regarding Mt 24:4-35 see this thread.)
A. He speaks of the last days since 1914. (Contrast this post.) He also repeated the odd idea that "the times of restoration of all things" (Ac 3:21) started in 1914. Regarding "the times of restoration of all things" in Ac 3:21, Constable's Notes offer this:
The phrase “times of refreshing” (Ac 3:19) seems to refer to the blessings connected with the day of the Lord, particularly the Millennium, in view of how Peter described them in verses Ac 3:20-21. They connect with the second coming of Messiah, the “period” of restoration of all things. They are the subjects of Old Testament prophecy. Zechariah predicted that the Jews would one day accept Messiah whom they had formerly rejected (Zech. 12:10-14; cf. Deut. 30:1-3; Jer. 15:19; 16:15; 24:6; 50:19; Ezek. 16:55; Hos. 11:11; Rom. 11:25-27). Peter urged them to do that now.
For the WT it started in 1914. Again, all the talk is honoring the GB. The GB will be mighty warriors during the great tribulation, so everyone else won't have to worry. They can all hide in safety.
6. They are still holding to 607 BC. (Contrast this post.) AMIII did some light-hearted joking about JWs thinking the end would come years ago, even generations ago.
7. They referred again to "Gog" as a "coalition of nations." (Contrast this post and included links.)
Much honor and self-adulation is being given to the GB in all this. It's almost sickening to see this. Also many unsupported assertions (as is usual with much of WT theology). I'll update this post as I hear more. (They said that the Jan 2022 monthly broadcast will review the program.)
It is over now. And the main impression they tried to give is how the GB are such benefactors and should be trusted. (Contrast Lu 22:25) This idea was woven into everything in the entire program. And I mean everything.
Incidentally, they said right at the beginning not to post your notes about the meeting on the Internet. I would think that "my notes" would fall under the legal principle stated at Mt 20:15. But that's me.