Deprogramming from WT - using 'Jehovah' as God's name

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Proselytiser of Jah

Re: Deprogramming from WT - using 'Jehovah' as God's name

#11 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

Personally, I agree with Nehemia, as he provided a lot of evidence, not only through manuscript (which are about 1000 years old, which Yahweh's ministry is critical of and fair enough, same argument is made for Bible manuscripts), but also through the construction of Hebrew Grammar (using other names in Hebrew as examples), of which I find even more convincing.

I do not agree that in Exodus that God said to Moses "I AM what I AM", because that does not appear in the manuscripts. It's a one time English translation, which I believe was put in there to arbitrarily match Jesus' words of "I am" in the NT.

As I mentioned already in another thread I wrote:

"eh·yeh" or "hayah", which means "to fall out, come to pass, become, be" according to Strong's Concordance. Note here in the following references, the verse at Exodus is a one time translation of this specific form of the root word. https://biblehub.com/hebrew/ehyeh_1961.htm, even in references which state "I am" in them, it should be noted that upon direct inspection, the word is always "become" (for example https://biblehub.com/interlinear/job/17-6.htm , compare to the previous link where Job 17:16 is referenced in the list to be saying "I am").

John 8:57-58, completely different words are used, not only is it not the same phrase, they are two separate phrases "ego" and "emi", which mean respectively "I" "am" in the most common every day form and usage. All references show it is never used to refer to "become" (as opposed to God's statement at Exodus) https://biblehub.com/greek/eimi_1510.htm.

As for evidence for the divine name, I have been convinced by this series of fascinating videos, which I'm going to post in a seperate thread. :)
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Bobcat

#12 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

On Jn 8:58 and the rendering of ego eimi ("I am"), I have an interesting link in this post.

The LXX of the "I am" saying" at Ex 3:14 is most closely duplicated in Rev 1:8. The LXX has (unless my memory has gone): Ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν, literally, "I am the one." And then in the latter part of the verse Yahweh says for Moses to tell them ὁ ὤν (the one) has sent me. (Yes!, memory serves me: here.)

Rev 1:8 has: Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ ἄλφα καὶ τὸ ὦ, λέγει κύριος ὁ θεός, ὁ ὢν

Some of this I first came across in an old WT booklet called, Who Is the Word According to John.

Bobcat

Proselytiser of Jah

#13 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

Interesting links, Bobcat. Thanks.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23