Can Satan read our minds?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Joshua

Re: Does it matter if a person believes in God?

#21 Post by Joshua » 5 years ago

[This post was moved from another topic - Does it matter if a person believes in God]
apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
Joshua wrote:
apollos0fAlexandria wrote:And Joshua, if you have lost your personal faith then I am sorry for whatever caused that. But making a sweeping statement in defense of atheists doesn't help anyone.
I have not lost my faith in God and his Son. Fortunately I stopped having faith in men long ago.
On another thread you interject to say "you shouldn't discuss the Devil" which the Bible clearly discusses.

On this one you say that atheist's have sound reasons to be atheist, with absolutely no qualifying points (in that post).

And you claim to care about people's spiritual safety?
The thread you bring up was not just about the Devil, it was asking does the Devil know our thoughts can he in effect read our minds. I posted that, in my opinion, that was a spiritually unhealthy topic. Why? Because to dwell on whether Satan can read our thoughts is an exercise that can be mentally disturbing to those taught to fear demonic possession as JWs have been. Also, if the thread had ended with a conclusion of "Yes, Satan can, or likely can, read our thoughts", a Christian's mind might in prayer to God have in the back of his mind Satan is listening as well. As I said, imo, unhealthy.

Joshua

Bobcat

Re: Can Satan read our minds?

#22 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Linking this thread with one of similar content: Here.

Bobcat

Stranger

#23 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Of course Satan can read minds, he can also control them. It takes a strong heart to neutralize his power.

Depending on one's idea of the Almighty God in Heaven, Satan remains to be 2nd, 3rd, or fourth in command, constantly turning himself into an angel of light, He does this without having the benefits of Heavenly comfort. He is actually the only angel that we can truly identify by name that resides on the Earth. Yes, an angel of darkness that disguises himself as light to those that accept it and also those who prefer the darkness.

Stranger, (Lu 12:34)

Bobcat

#24 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

That's an interesting thought Stranger. While humans worry about whether Satan can read minds, he is busy controlling those minds (2Ti 2:26) and blinding them. (2Co 4:4)

Bobcat

Stranger

#25 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Bobcat wrote: 1 year ago That's an interesting thought Stranger.
Thanks Bobcat, excellent scriptures you backed me up with as well.

Stranger wrote: 1 year ago He does this without having the benefits of Heavenly comfort.
Depending on one's definition of Heaven, it would seem that Satan is using the power of man to get back to Heaven, at least the immediate heavens (the moon, Mars, satellites orbiting the Earth, etc. etc.). I guess that's why they call him the prince of the power of the air, including broadcasting and media. He is a trend setter with ESP.

Stranger, (1Chr 21:1)

AmosAu3

#26 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Bobcat and Stranger,

Just a quick point of view response for now.

I agree with Stranger, if the demons are able to enter a person and take control of them....this must also include the persons mind.

If the demons can do this.....why can't Beelzebub, their overlord/god do the same?????

Thanks for raising this thread again Bobcat.

Regards, Amos.

Stranger

#27 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

AmosAu3 wrote: 1 year ago I agree with Stranger, if the demons are able to enter a person and take control of them....this must also include the persons mind.
Thanks Amos, it's always nice to get an Amen my Brother.

A person's mind IMO, would be the entrance gate for a demon or even Beelzebub would have to pass through for any kind of domination over an individual. They strike the mind that is not of flesh because they are not of flesh and succeed in overpowering the hearts of many individuals. This also applies to large and small groups of demonic followers that may or may not be aware of who's possession they are under or in.

"we memorize scripture so that we can quote scripture in the hour of temptation of the Devil" {BG}

"Don't be muted by the Devil." (Str)

Stranger, (James 4:7)

AmosAu3

#28 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi brother Stranger,

Yes, I agree. I don't think that most folks have any idea how the powers of darkness can affect humans, at this time.
Most forget that the invisible world were created to do the hands on work of God. We don't comprehend exactly what this entails, at this point in time.

This work included ministering to man;
Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? 

Regards, Amos

Stranger

#29 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

AmosAu3 wrote: 1 year ago Yes, I agree. I don't think that most folks have any idea how the powers of darkness can affect humans, at this time.
Most forget that the invisible world were created to do the hands on work of God. We don't comprehend exactly what this entails, at this point in time.

Hello Amos,

That reminds me of an old TV show I used to watch, the character Mel Profitt told the wiseguy that "there's a lot more to this universe than Mr. Upstairs and Mr. Downstairs"

Stranger, (Ps 12:8 KJV )

Bobcat

#30 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

By the way, here is a thread related to this subject, but I gave it a separate thread due to the fact that it has a wider subject.

Bobcat