Can Satan read our minds?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
AmosAU

Re: Can Satan read our minds?

#11 Post by AmosAU » 5 years ago

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

You said; "Satan is a god .. but I don't think he could hack our conversation with Father."

The more I read & study the Word, the more I realize there is so much we are in the dark about concerning the unseen spirit world. I have come across so much information from the Word that is completely foreign to WT doctrine & is very difficult for us to accept. If I posted a fraction of what I've learned I believe it would be very hard for most to consider, let alone to accept.

Regards, Amos.

GodsWordIsTruth

#12 Post by GodsWordIsTruth » 5 years ago

AmosAU wrote:Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

You said; "Satan is a god .. but I don't think he could hack our conversation with Father."

The more I read & study the Word, the more I realize there is so much we are in the dark about concerning the unseen spirit world. I have come across so much information from the Word that is completely foreign to WT doctrine & is very difficult for us to accept. If I posted a fraction of what I've learned I believe it would be very hard for most to consider, let alone to accept.

Regards, Amos.

I was moved by the Spirit to say Amen. You are so right in what you say. We are all engage in spiritism by definition because we believe in the Spirit world. ( Angels, holy and unholy Spirits) Nobody is talking the occult here. I realize this more and more as I look at the world through Eastern Christianity. We engage the Spirit world every time we pray. The JW'S had me unnecessarily spooked about a very real side...dark organized spirit forces having real impact on our lives because we have engaged the Spirit realm and joined Gods family even while in the flesh. Something the Demons covet.

I will just leave at that. I am trying to figure it all out myself......

GWIT

menrov

#13 Post by menrov » 5 years ago

Hi AmosAU, you said:
"When we pray silently, how can God here our prayer unless He reads our minds?"
True prayers come from the heart, not the mind :-) 1Sa 1:13 Now Hannah was speaking from her heart. Although her lips were moving, her voice was inaudible. Eli therefore thought she was drunk.

Matthew 6:6 But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.

The above does not indicate a payer in your head but a prayer uttered in privacy. But even in privacy. I still believe you have to utter the words, even if there is no real voice audible for others.

apollos0fAlexandria

#14 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 5 years ago

As has been pointed out Jesus was able to know that others were thinking. So I can't see any doubt that God would be able to detect our thought processes. Call it what you will - mind-reading, thought-reading, or heart-reading - they're really all the same thing if we are talking about how the words going through our brains indicate our current disposition.

In creating spirits and humans God could obviously choose what abilities he gave to each. I can't imagine any reason why he would give spirits the abilities to read people's thoughts. Of course, what I can't imagine, doesn't mean a thing. But there is nothing in the Bible as far as I'm aware that would suggest that they can. We've been having the discussion about Job. If Satan knew Job as well as Jehovah did then why wouldn't the first conversation with Satan gone along the lines of "That's a ridiculous accusation Satan. You and all the other spirit creatures know exactly what Job is on the inside, how he's motivated, etc." But that's not what happened. Instead it was necessary for Job to be tested to prove to all onlookers what kind of man he was.

Menrov - with regards to Hannah, if it were true that prayers would always be uttered by mouthing the words, even silently, then it seems odd that Eli attributed this display as something other than prayer. After all would he not be observing people praying in that holy place frequently. It seems to me that it was a particularly fervent display of prayer in this case, and one that Eli was not used to seeing.

Joshua

#15 Post by Joshua » 5 years ago

With respect to all here this topic, or any topic that deals with inquiries regarding Satan, is an unhealthy endeavor.

He exists, he influences man and beast, he is opposed to God, and killed Christ.

For me this is enough and I have no need to further examine his living corpse. We are in the light what the darkness holds does not concern me.

Joshua

apollos0fAlexandria

#16 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 5 years ago

Joshua wrote:With respect to all here this topic, or any topic that deals with inquiries regarding Satan, is an unhealthy endeavor.

He exists, he influences man and beast, he is opposed to God, and killed Christ.

For me this is enough and I have no need to further examine his living corpse. We are in the light what the darkness holds does not concern me.

Joshua
With respect back to you Joshua, if it doesn't concern you then why read the conversation and make a reply? This goes for any conversation on the site. I will never understand why people sometimes intercede in a conversation that others are having, only to say that they don't want to have the same conversation.

The apostles Paul and Peter talked about the darkness as well as the light. They talked about the machinations of the devil and the ways in which we have to arm ourselves for the fight. If a person doesn't give any consideration to what the enemy is capable of, or how he works, then it can leave them potentially unprepared. I personally feel it's very healthy to share some thoughts on this. Not with silly anecdotes of "demon experiences" as some have a fascination with, but rather reasoning from scripture about what we do and don't know about how we might be vulnerable.

But as I say, it's best to just join the conversations that you are interested in, rather than the ones that you're not.

All the best,
Apollos

apollos0fAlexandria

#17 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 5 years ago

And just to add to that Joshua ...

I didn't mean for my last post to be abrupt if it comes across that way. I do understand why some people don't want to discuss certain things at all, and at the other extreme I know people who seem to have an unhealthy fixation on those topics. As usual I think there is a balance to be struck.

Apollos

Joshua

#18 Post by Joshua » 5 years ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote:And just to add to that Joshua ...

I didn't mean for my last post to be abrupt if it comes across that way. I do understand why some people don't want to discuss certain things at all, and at the other extreme I know people who seem to have an unhealthy fixation on those topics. As usual I think there is a balance to be struck.

Apollos

Apollos,

My concern was purely for the spiritual safety of those here.

apollos0fAlexandria

#19 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 5 years ago

Joshua wrote: My concern was purely for the spiritual safety of those here.
I had typed a longer response, but I think the devil froze my computer just before I completed it (I kid you not - apart from the devil bit).

Anyway since the Bible gives us insight into the way the devil works I don't think that the topic can possibly be off-limits. But given that the Bible clearly says that the devil has power some people become very concerned with what that actually means for their own situation. It can actually be of Christian encouragement to get things in perspective.

I don't see how sticking one's head in the sand in the face of the adversary contributes to one's spiritual safety, when the Bible encourages us to to arm ourselves mentally of his tactics. I feel that encouraging people never to discuss such things is actually more of a danger.
so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs. (2 Cor 2:11)

Dajo1

#20 Post by Dajo1 » 5 years ago

Hello and thankyou,...all
I originally started this topic and am satisfied with all the various thoughts, ideas and feelings on the matter.
I am grateful for having the opportunity to read each ones comments. I for one am happy if you want to carry on among yourselves but having said
that I won't be adding anything more.
Kind regards, David