Music

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Music

#451 Post by Stranger » 6 months ago

Marina wrote:
6 months ago
Iron Watchtower?
Hi Marina,

"From the coast of gold across the seven seas
I'm traveling on, far and wide
But now it seems I'm just a stranger to myself
And all the things I sometimes do, it isn't me but someone else"
Marina wrote:
6 months ago
Those prophecies which Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior fulfilled.

Stranger, (Lu 1:47)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWHdBuOC6Q

Marina

#452 Post by Marina » 6 months ago

Stranger - Jesus has sympathy for us.

(Hebrews 4:14-16) . . .Seeing, therefore, that we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold onto [our] confessing of [him]. 15 For we have as high priest, not one who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has been tested in all respects like ourselves, but without sin. 16 Let us, therefore, approach with freeness of speech to the throne of undeserved kindness, that we may obtain mercy and find undeserved kindness for help at the right time.

Do you think these guys would have made good governing body members? Is this the WTBS GB's theme tune? They do love their 7 seas.

But however many seas, there are only two roads.
Matthew 7:13-14
Matthew 22:37-39
Marina

Marina

#453 Post by Marina » 6 months ago

Marina

Stranger

#454 Post by Stranger » 6 months ago

Hi Marina,

In regards to being in the PIMO position, wouldn't that be the same as being an intruder on their premises? But if one is on their premises how can they be mentally out?

That phrase (PIMO), has never really appealed to me as any kind of leap of faith title. In fact it would seem to me if I were in that position that I'm weak and possibly somewhat doubleminded if not totally. No freedom either way you go.

But hey, that's just me, I just wanted to play a song and figured I'd give it an intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSuRk5DMJU

Stranger

Marina

#455 Post by Marina » 6 months ago

Hi Stranger

I'd say on some levels you are right and thank you for making this point. It's helps me to understand some things.

From what I've seen this PIMO mentality affects those who are on their way out but they are not in a position to be sure of everything - how to deal with others, whether such-and-such teaching is wrong. The term PIMO is a very general term.

I guess if Watchtower is a burning building, ideally if you are in the building your role is that of a fireman getting people to safety. Those who are not firemen but wanting to be rescued could be described as these PIMOs because they are reaching out for help and to be helped. Their faith may not be as strong as others but have a love of righteousness.

I'm reading a book by Margaret Thaler Singer on Cults - she makes the point that unless you have been in one of these cults you cannot understand what goes on. So the best firemen are those who know the territory. Sometimes, if the opportunity affords, the fireman can stay undercover so as not to alarm the trapped sheep. They can approach with kindness and gentleness and help that one to escape. Rare maybe but such things can and do happen.

(1 Corinthians 9:19-23) . . .For, though I am free from all persons, I have made myself the slave to all, that I may gain the most persons. 20 And so to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain Jews; to those under law I became as under law, though I myself am not under law, that I might gain those under law. 21 To those without law I became as without law, although I am not without law toward God but under law toward Christ, that I might gain those without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak. I have become all things to people of all sorts, that I might by all means save some. 23 But I do all things for the sake of the good news, that I may become a sharer of it with [others].

And of course the ultimate emergency service is provided by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Here's a song I thought about - hope you like it's intro :)

Marina

Stranger

#456 Post by Stranger » 6 months ago

Marina wrote:
6 months ago
I'd say on some levels you are right and thank you for making this point. It's helps me to understand some things.
And a big thank you back Marina. I don't know how you do it, but I have a good idea how you do. The way you always have the perfectly placed scripture to keep me humble. :) Maybe that's the reason we all hang around this site, to help each other understand things. This is a place of Divine Refuge at least for me, and I truly hope others feel that way too. (Ps 61:3 KJV)

"I knew it all the while that that's your style
And I'll never forget your Name."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZU0E2Cp-Ek

Stranger

Stranger

#457 Post by Stranger » 6 months ago

Marina wrote:
6 months ago
From what I've seen this PIMO mentality affects those who are on their way out but they are not in a position to be sure of everything - how to deal with others, whether such-and-such teaching is wrong.
Here's some lyrics of encouragement for that mentality.

"Make a promise take a vow
trust your feelings it's easy now

understand the voice within
and feel the change already begin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imiFk2J4Dkk

Stranger, (Ps 95:7)

Stranger

#458 Post by Stranger » 5 months ago

We gonna play one for the ladies and the fellas,
from a lady who wrote some mighty fine songs
back in her day, not that distant away.

I hope all the husbands and wives out there like it.
It's something you'll sure understand.
Listen to it good and loud let it linger,
It's all about the golden band on your finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5VGto1-N8U

Stranger, (Heb 13:4 KJV)

Marina

#459 Post by Marina » 4 months ago

Marina

Stranger

#460 Post by Stranger » 3 months ago

:wave:
Marina wrote:
4 months ago
by Marina » 4 days ago
Hi Marina,

"Faded love and faded memories, oh how they linger in a mind"

"You must know the words to a million tunes"

Do you play tambourine too? I ask because you have a silver jingle about yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_4dSOXj90

Stranger, ...... (Ex 15:20)....... :wave: