You read the Bible?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
FriendlyDoggo

You read the Bible?

#1 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 month ago

You read the Bible? I'm asking this because I saw a guy telling that his cult often said "it's in the bible" then I remembered of WT.

To this day I never read the entire bible, just some of the books (yes, I'm not proud of that :whistle:) Even the NWT being an easy to read version I used to go behind WT articles to learn something, and their apocalyptic preditctions made me feel so pressured that I just couldn't read the bible.

If there's a thing that I learned is that we can't go behind things only "based on the bible" We have to check if the bible really says that.
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

Proselytiser of Jah

Re: You read the Bible?

#2 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

I took it upon myself when waking up to read the entire NT Bible this year, I did one book a day (Matthew, Mark, etc), and I made study notes along the way, and is ultimately why I am where I am now. I thought to myself, "as a Christian, how is it that I've read other books and dedicated time to reading and writing, but haven't read the New Testament at the very least back to back?" Seeing that these scriptures are to "rule our entire lives", I figured it was important to actually read 'all' of them, lol.

I've still got the OT to go of course, but I have to be in the right mindset, I'm easily distracted, but once I get on that train, I don't stop.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Proselytiser of Jah

#3 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

I should add that I recently read all of Exodus from when the Israelites left Egypt to the end, and I believe all of Leviticus (as I was studying the old law as a project, which I've yet to complete).
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

RR144

#4 Post by RR144 » 1 month ago

I read the Bible every day. If you read 3 chapters a day you can read through the Bible in a year. I've been doing this for some 40 years. And I always find some new gem.

RR