Worship Jesus

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
goghtherefore

Re: Worship Jesus

#51 Post by goghtherefore » 2 weeks ago

Thank you johnamos2.0

Re: "Clearly, bowing down and paying honor (adoration) is associated with worshipping one, not all bowing down and paying honor is worshipping one."

I agree wholeheartedly.

There are also different kinds of worship.

John 4:23...

… "But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

At the exact same time Jesus was being killed; God's chosen nation were worshiping Him by following the Law. They thought they were worshiping acceptably. They would not bow to Jesus/accept him as the Messiah.

Matthew 4:9

"...and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.”

Bowing down spiritually speaking to the faithful slave/governing body is a form of worship.

John 5: 21...(this passage is worth bold and highlighting...imo(grin))

" For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

Re: "When have I ever stated that Jesus was Abaddon?"

Sorry, did not mean to impute that to you. (It's an "official" teaching of Whactowerland)

Regards,

goghtherefore
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

Illusive

#52 Post by Illusive » 1 week ago

Check this out - There is a specific instance in the scriptures where people refer to Christ in a way that is latria, or worship that is only proper for God.

Matthew 21:1-11

Now when they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage, to the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, “Go into the village in front of you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will send them at once.” This took place to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet, saying,

“Say to the daughter of Zion,
‘Behold, your king is coming to you,
humble, and mounted on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.’”

The disciples went and did as Jesus had directed them. They brought the donkey and the colt and put on them their cloaks, and he sat on them. Most of the crowd spread their cloaks on the road, and others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”

The word hosanna (Latin osanna, Greek ὡσαννά, hōsanná) is from Hebrew הושיעה־נא, הושיעה נא hôšîʿâ-nā and related to Aramaic ܐܘܿܫܲܥܢܵܐ (ʾōshaʿnā) meaning 'save, rescue, savior'. In the Hebrew Bible it is used only in verses such as "help" or "save, I pray" towards God.

It is said in the Old Testament as a specific plea for God to save us. It would not be proper to use in reference simply to a man, since it is a plea for divine intervention from God. So they are praying to Jesus as he arrives and worshiping him, saying to him "Hosanna in the Highest" which is a plea only proper to address in praise to God.

It is also a direct reference to Psalm 118:25-27 where Hosanna is used the exact same way, as praise to God.

Save now, I beseech thee, O Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

Blessed be he that comes in the name of the Lord: we have blessed you out of the house of the Lord.

God is the Lord, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.

Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
Latin Catholic. Professional Super-Villain. Founder of Cerberus. Follower of the Shepherd who is the savior of humanity. Dank meme enjoyer

Theme song: https://youtu.be/PnuSL7oUimA

Contact me on Discord - The Illusive Man#5157

Kerry Huish

#53 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 week ago

The Nation of Israel had one law.
King David united all the tribes of Israel under one King.
This 'United Nation' later split into two separate Kingdoms, after the reign of Solomon.
The Northern Kingdom became fragrant law breakers, with idol worship being permanently installed at Beersheba and Dan.
The Southern Kingdom struggled with Apostasy through all its days.
Jehovah tolerated the idol worshipping Northern kingdom until enough was enough.
The idol worshipping Northern Kingdom was first to go...

Christianity has one way.
Jesus led the way and many followed.
The 'way' later split into many other 'way's' after the death of the Apostles.
The weeds that sprang up - after the Apostles died - became fragrant 'way' breakers.
The ones that stuck to the original 'way' struggle with apostasy through all its days.
The weeds are currently being tolerated until the conclusion of the system of things.
At the conclusion of the system, the weeds will be first to go...

The thing is with weeds, if left unchecked, then they will gradually take over.
If someone has been planted as a weed, then change is not possible, they are sons of the wicked one and have been brought in for the will and purpose of that one.
But if someone is behaving 'weed like' then change is possible and it is to these ones I appeal.

The teaching of the Trinity was brought in after the Apostles died.
It was not something that either Jesus or the Apostles originally taught.
The Trinity teaching idolizes the Son.

Do we imagine that after the Apostles died, the so-called truth that was later settled upon would be actual truth or would it more likely be the foretold deviation?
The Apostles were the Wheat, those who came after were the Weeds.

1 Timothy 3:1, 2 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

It is either we accept the teachings and traditions of men or we filter out the crap and seek truth itself.
What we will do and how we will behave is up to us. If we want to settle down and be counted as part of the Northern Apostate Kingdom, then that's our choice.
Fact is, if people want to idolize then idolize they will, they will find any excuse to do exactly what it is that 'THEY' want.
Unfortunately, this is NOT doing the will of the Father.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Is it God's will that we accept and subject and listen to the Son as our leader? = Absolutely.
Is it God's will that we worship and pray to the Son the same as the Father...? = Absolutely NOT. ​

Revelation 22:11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

Stranger

#54 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Kerry Huish wrote: 1 week ago The teaching of the Trinity was brought in after the Apostles died.
It was not something that either Jesus or the Apostles originally taught.
The Trinity teaching idolizes the Son.
Here's some brief history about trinity and non-trinity.
The common people did, not understand the issues, but nevertheless they aligned themselves with this or that view." (A Short History of the Early Church, Harry R. Boer, p113)
https://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-history-arius.htm

Stranger

Illusive

#56 Post by Illusive » 1 week ago

Illusive wrote: 1 week ago Check this out - There is a specific instance in the scriptures where people refer to Christ in a way that is latria, or worship that is only proper for God.

Matthew 21:1-11

Now when they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage, to the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, “Go into the village in front of you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will send them at once.” This took place to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet, saying,

“Say to the daughter of Zion,
‘Behold, your king is coming to you,
humble, and mounted on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.’”

The disciples went and did as Jesus had directed them. They brought the donkey and the colt and put on them their cloaks, and he sat on them. Most of the crowd spread their cloaks on the road, and others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”

The word hosanna (Latin osanna, Greek ὡσαννά, hōsanná) is from Hebrew הושיעה־נא, הושיעה נא hôšîʿâ-nā and related to Aramaic ܐܘܿܫܲܥܢܵܐ (ʾōshaʿnā) meaning 'save, rescue, savior'. In the Hebrew Bible it is used only in verses such as "help" or "save, I pray" towards God.

It is said in the Old Testament as a specific plea for God to save us. It would not be proper to use in reference simply to a man, since it is a plea for divine intervention from God. So they are praying to Jesus as he arrives and worshiping him, saying to him "Hosanna in the Highest" which is a plea only proper to address in praise to God.

It is also a direct reference to Psalm 118:25-27 where Hosanna is used the exact same way, as praise to God.

Save now, I beseech thee, O Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

Blessed be he that comes in the name of the Lord: we have blessed you out of the house of the Lord.

God is the Lord, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.

Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
After the people gave Christ praise. saying Hosanna in the Highest, quoting scripture from the OT that was written in praise exclusively to God, Jesus says the following in Matthew 21:16:

“Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him.

“Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read,

“‘From the lips of children and infants
you, Lord, have called forth your praise’

Jesus here is quoting Psalm 8:2, an OT verse about infants and babes praising God Almighty

Out of the mouth of babies and infants,
you have established strength because of your foes,
to still the enemy and the avenger.
Latin Catholic. Professional Super-Villain. Founder of Cerberus. Follower of the Shepherd who is the savior of humanity. Dank meme enjoyer

Theme song: https://youtu.be/PnuSL7oUimA

Contact me on Discord - The Illusive Man#5157

QuestionsFromReaders

#57 Post by QuestionsFromReaders » 1 week ago

Is Jesus equal to the Father?

goghtherefore

#58 Post by goghtherefore » 1 week ago

Hi and greetings QuestionsFromReaders

Great question.

Jesus did say the Father was "greater than I".

Jesus must have had less authority before he was given all authority. Imo.

It seems "official" trinity doctrine states the Father, Son and Holy spirit are equal.

I believe your question will be responded to by defining what "equal" ("really") means?

And, of course, in what context Jesus words are to be accepted?

Regards and again, Greetings.

goghtherefore
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

QuestionsFromReaders

#59 Post by QuestionsFromReaders » 1 week ago

Should we not allow Jesus to speak for himself? Allow his spirit, his inner self, to reach our hearts? To savor his love for his Father, to allow his ocean of love for his Father to flood over us and keep us?

Was this not his way?

Kerry Huish

#60 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 week ago

QuestionsFromReaders wrote: 1 week ago Should we not allow Jesus to speak for himself? Allow his spirit, his inner self, to reach our hearts? To savor his love for his Father, to allow his ocean of love for his Father to flood over us and keep us?

Was this not his way?
So why did you ask the question?
QuestionsFromReaders wrote: 1 week ago Is Jesus equal to the Father?
Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”