Worship Jesus

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
QuestionsFromReaders

Re: Worship Jesus

#71 Post by QuestionsFromReaders » 5 days ago

Kerry:

I ask questions why is that a problem?

Would it matter if I stated outright my opinions, which would only be, opinions?

Is it not better to turn our hearts and minds to what Jesus' taught without the baggage I/We might add to it?

Why should I debate when I am not the Christ?

Am I my brother's teacher? leader?

If my answers are not to your satisfaction then what can I say?

goghtherefore

#72 Post by goghtherefore » 5 days ago

Hi Kerry

Regarding post #53 ... "Is it God's will that we worship and pray to the Son the same as the Father...? = Absolutely NOT."

Of key importance of your statement is..." ​worship and pray to the Son the same as the Father...? "

It seems every individual views meanings of the word worship differently. My view has changed from when I was of Watchtowerland mentality.

To honour/adore/worship Jesus as the son of God (and live for Him (...no longer live unto themselves, but unto him...)); brings honour and is (in part) worshipping the Father in spirit and in truth. John 4:24: "God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

This scripture helps me appreciate the relationship with Jesus we must have to worship the Father in spirit and truth. We no longer live for ourselves but live for Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5: 15 "And he died for all, that they that live should no longer live unto themselves, but unto him who for their sakes died and rose again."
ASV

Regards,

goghtherefore
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

Stranger

#73 Post by Stranger » 5 days ago

goghtherefore wrote:
5 days ago
To honour/adore/worship Jesus as the son of God (and live for Him (...no longer live unto themselves, but unto him...)); brings honour and is (in part) worshipping the Father in spirit and in truth. John 4:24: "God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

This scripture helps me appreciate the relationship with Jesus we must have to worship the Father in spirit and truth. We no longer live for ourselves but live for Christ Jesus.
Nicely said Gogh,

Even Moses respected and admired the reproach of "Christ". (Heb 11:26-27) Interesting choice of words the author used wouldn't you say.

Stranger

Get out of her

#74 Post by Get out of her » 4 days ago

Just wanted to extend a warm welcome to you QuestionsFromReaders.

There seems to be a recent and somewhat notable surge in subscribers to the website which I find very encouraging. I apologize to any and all new ones I have not gotten around to welcoming yet.

The timing of this surge is a bit unfortunate however since the website recently began to suffer from some technical difficulties that often make it hard if not impossible to post comments and questions. Ones like Apollos have been working hard to overcome the problems and hopefully they will soon be resolved. Meanwhile It would likely be a good idea for all of us to make this issue a matter of prayer since there is undoubtedly a tremendous degree of value and importance involved in discussions of spiritual and scriptural things. In fact we can be certain there is nothing that even comes close to its level of importance.

Agape love;
Sol

Bobcat

#75 Post by Bobcat » 15 hours ago

The JWFacts site has some of the WT history on the worship of Jesus: Here.

Linked to for its relationship to this thread.

Bobcat