Revelation – The Eighth Beast

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
coccus ilicis

#1 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 month ago

In post 52 I said:
The circumstances into which we are born, our parenting and what happens during our life shape our attitudes and prejudices on an individual basis
But as a mass, humans evoke the attitude of their time. Paul wrote to the Corinthians ...that dissensions exist among you. What I mean by this is that each one of you says: “I belong to Paul,” “But I to Apollos,” “But I to Cephas,” But I to Christ,” (1Cor 1:11,12). This occurred then and is still happening today because each of us is a unique individual, each with our own set of hang-ups and prejudices. We simply do not have enough information to prejudge, but we do it nonetheless.

At the grassroots level it is expressed in street fights and demonstrations, and on a national scale in wars. Those at the pinnacle of the power structure, the ones who rule, have to find a way to keep a lid on the masses.
Their priorities are as follows:
  • 1 Strengthen global cooperation ...Current challenges should serve not to harden previous postures, but to offer opportunity for a geopolitical reset. Renewed global cooperation is necessary to advance universal priorities of peace, prosperity, health and sustainability
  • 2 Advance peace and security ...Fragile communities and conflict zones are the areas likely to be hardest hit by immediate public-health and economic challenges and potential second-order crises. Recovery measures must include steps that advance long-term security and humanitarian objectives in accordance with Sustainable Development Goal 16 by accelerating peace efforts, capital investments, as well as steps that promote good governance, strong institutions and social cohesion
  • 3 Re-globalize equitably ...The benefits of globalization have not been shared widely enough and the COVID-19 pandemic threatens to exacerbate inequities within and between societies. All people, regardless of race, gender or financial standing, should be able to benefit from globalization. Therefore, while quickly increasing economic activity must be a global imperative, so too must be ensuring that societies are inclusive and systemic racism and discrimination is addressed. A new global social contract – calling for closing digital divides, supporting robust education and life-long skills training, reducing inequity and addressing debt burdens in lower- and middle-income countries – is required
  • 4 Promote gender equality ...Societies with greater levels of gender equality tend to be more prosperous and sustainable, yet inequalities exist and persist regarding the safety, health, compensation and political representation of women. As part of a recovery, economies and societies must put in place measures to prevent gender-based discrimination and violence, and reduce barriers to women’s financial and professional advancement and enjoyment of their human rights
  • 5 Rebuild sustainablyThe development of green economies offers an opportunity to increase employment while addressing the critical global risk of climate change. For this reason, the COVID-19 pandemic should not be used as a pretext to forego the inclusion of sustainable development elements in policies. Instead, measures that promote recovery, including extraordinary stimulus funding, should advance carbon-neutral products and practices and be undertaken in a way that is consistent with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
  • 6 Deepen public-private partnerships Governments have taken decisive fiscal action in response to the economic impact of the pandemic. In the longer term, education, infrastructure, technology and humanitarian priorities will require substantial and sustainable investments. Government and business need to pursue financing mechanisms and partnerships to promote innovation and create enabling environments for investing in and efficiently directing resources towards societal and global priorities
  • 7 Increase global resilience The COVID-19 pandemic has shown the need for greater global resilience. Protectionist measures do not promote financial stability or offer long-term safeguards against potential technological, economic and public-health shocks. Rather, increased information sharing is necessary, as are revitalized trade networks and a more rules-based global trade system
From a global rule perspective, this 7 point agenda makes good sense and is attractive to the ruling power of every country. As stakeholders, they have a vote of equal value on each of these seven points.

Rev 17:11 says ... and the wild beast that you saw but is not, it itself is also an eighth king, but springs from the seven. This refers to Israel the beast the harlot rides. And it says concerning the ten horns of the global beast of Rev 13:1, the UN, that these horns/kings, who have not yet received a kingdom, [in as much as they have had no individual say concerning security issues which were under the control of the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council]. That they give their power and authority to the beast, [the 8th beast the harlot rides], that they might rule as kings for one hour with the beast, (Rev 17:12,).

Each country's government that does this becomes a stakeholder and has an equal vote on elements of the 7 points listed above. This beast now rules

Prior to this the 5 permanent members of the United Nations Security Council, namely, China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States, voted on all security issues. After the collapse of communism, America became the global superpower, using wars, the so-called war on terror, and economic sanctions to consolidate its rule. The 8th beast has now replaced it. The only problem for the 8th beast is how to deal with the harlot that still holds the reigns of the beast. Her pet proteges, the nation-state of Israel, the head/beast that was slaughtered in 70 CE and healed in 1948, and the Lamb-like false prophet that was instrumental in its being healed, (Rev 13:3,11,12,13), still see it as their mission to destroy Iran/Persia. But Michael stands beside the King of Persia to support him, (Dan 10:1,13,14). This is the last war that will be fought, the one of which Jesus said that unless it was cut short no flesh would be saved , (Mt 24:22).

Unlike the Lamb-like false prophet, the 8th beast makes no pretensions of speaking for God, (Rev 13:11). It is godless. But the individual horns/kings/stakeholders of this beast have their own reasons for becoming part of the WEF beast. They hate the harlot and intend to make her devastated and naked and will eat up her fleshy parts and completely burn her with fire for God put it into their hearts to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished, (Rev 17:16,17). So one could compare the 8th beast to Nebuchadnezzar who was called God's servant, (Jer 25:9), in that it is doing that which God requires. And therefore will remain after the harlot and her proteges are destroyed.

The thing to keep in mind is that all these horns/kings, great and small, are made up of individual people, each with their own hang-ups and prejudices, and as such are judged as individuals as is the harlot mother. But her proteges the organizational entities are hurled into the lake of fire, where they are completely destroyed, (Rev 20:10). This does not mean the countries Israel and America are destroyed but that the harlot's organizational structures are destroyed.

Both these statues stand in the plaza outside the HQ of the UN in New York. The gun, has Isa 2:4 on its plinth. The second one that was added recently, pictures the 8th beast. I don't know what is written on its plinth, but it makes no pretensions of speaking for God. But both of them fulfil prophecy. The harlot now rides the second beast, and when she has been destroyed the power to rule will be taken away from this beast but it will be allowed to remain for a time and a season , (Dan 7:12).

https://themoneymanifesto.com/2021/12/0 ... evelation/
LRW~

goghtherefore

Re: Revelation – The Eighth Beast

#2 Post by goghtherefore » 1 month ago

Hi CI

Another view to your view (that Israel is the Beast with the death stroke that got healed), is found at this link:

http://www.musingsaboutgod.com/whoare.htm

gogh
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

coccus ilicis

#3 Post by coccus ilicis » 4 weeks ago

goghtherefore wrote: 1 month ago Hi CI

Another view to your view (that Israel is the Beast with the death stroke that got healed), is found at this link:

http://www.musingsaboutgod.com/whoare.htm
gogh
Thank you gogh, for bringing this to the attention of the readers.

The link asserts Russia is the beast that was the head that was slaughtered to death then healed because Google says so. Google reflects public opinion. And public opinion is as I said in post 1 above:
as a mass, humans evoke the attitude of their time
So what was the beast John saw? At Rev 17:1-5 it describes the mother of the harlots and it says concerning her that she is drunk with the blood of the holy ones, (Rev 17:6). Late in the first century when John saw this vision no mother of harlots existed. Although the Pharisees and Sadducees that had killed Jesus originated in the wilderness (De 31:25,27,29), they, at that time, had not proliferated but were a single clan. So when Jesus asks John: "Why is it you wondered? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and the beast that is carrying her that has seven horns and ten heads. He refers to the beast John had seen earlier which is described at Rev 13:1,2.

Each of the heads is a beast in its own right, some have two horns and others one. This beast exists in the time of the end, our day. John says concerning this end-time beast: ... and I saw one of its heads as though slaughter to death, but its death-stroke got healed and all the earth followed this beast with admiration. One could certainly not say this about Russia, just the opposite.

So who is it that popularizes this slaughtered healed head in the time of the end?

John says: And I saw another beast ascending out of the earth and it had two horns like a lamb, [Jesus is referred to as a Lamb in Revelation, so this is a Christian beast], ...And it makes all the earth and those who dwell in it, worship the beast whose death-stroke got healed , (Rev 13:3,4,11,12).

At Rev 17:8 the angel says ... the wild beast/head that you saw, was but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss and to go off into destruction. The Jews had been dispersed after 70 CE. At that time this head/beast ceased to exist.

In the time of the end when the slaughtered head/beast has been healed, people wonder admiringly, and say: "Who is like the beast and who can do battle with it?" They do so because the Anglo/American two-horned lamb-like false prophet is its champion. This Israeli/Anglo/American power block has been the superpower, the king of the north since the collapse of Communism, circa 1992, (Dan 11:40-43).

The Anglo/American/Israeli power block is the beast the harlot rides in the time of the end. And it is to this beast to which the ten horns relinquish their individual national authority so that they can rule one hour with the beast, (Rev 17:12,13). This WEF beast makes no pretence about being Christian. And still under the harlot's heel, it battles with the lamb. But they have an agenda of their own for God put it into their heart to carry out their one thought. They will make the harlot devastated and naked and eat up her fleshy parts, i.e. consume her power base, her wealth, (Rev 17:16,17).

It stands to reason that people believe the slaughtered healed head is Russia with
about 12 million hits for Russia
since it is the harlot that controls the media, and she denounces anyone that stands in her way. The ones that stand in her way today are the kings of the sun-rising and the north, China and Russia, (Dan 11: 44, 45). But in provoking a war with Persia/Iran with the intention of wiping it off the map she and her paramour, the false prophet king of the north come all the way to their end.

Iran is a Global threat Israel's Defence Minister Benny Gantz speaks at the Reichman University's Institute for Policy and Strategy (IPS) in the Mediterranean coastal city of Herzliya on November 23, 2021
Israel’s Defense Minister warned on Monday of greater action against Iran, adding that it’s time to take advantage of what he described as the current weakness of the Iranian regime ...“We are deepening international cooperation, and I am certain that soon, both overt and covert actions will be expanded, by a variety of means,” Benny Gantz told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee
Gantz also added that Tehran has weak cards to play at the Vienna talks aimed at reviving the abandoned 2015 Iran nuclear deal and it was simply buying time.
See also Times of Israel which indicates that today's America is not as enthralled by Israel as it has been in the past. It could well now be part of the 10 kings that have given over their authority to the WEF beast.

Whatever the case, it is high time for those in Judea to begin fleeing to the mountains , (Mt 24:15).
LRW~

Marina

#4 Post by Marina » 4 weeks ago

US not enthralled with Israel - yes I have never seen anything like it. They've polished up a halo and plonked it on Hitler's head.

We are living in unprecedented times.

I can see Xmas is being held up a Christian flag. The possible lockdowns at Xmas being viewed as a Jewish attack on Christianity. But then there's the Valhalla side which comes in with 'the original source of Xmas was Lucis, which means Lucifer. A European festival of light.'

All looks like it will merge into Islam Valhalla - which is what Hitler and the Enlightenment/Illuminati were really all about. Jung even said Hitler was like Mohammed - all wild god.

There are tensions between the government/corporation and the individual. The concept of truth to some is 'be ungovernable'. Be spontaneous to be yourself. That's very different to the Truth as in Jesus Christ.

Within all this some are striving hard to understand the truth. Ie the real thing, Jesus Christ.
Marina

coccus ilicis

#5 Post by coccus ilicis » 3 weeks ago

Marina wrote: 4 weeks ago US not enthralled with Israel - yes I have never seen anything like it. They've polished up a halo and plonked it on Hitler's head.

We are living in unprecedented times.

I can see Xmas is being held up a Christian flag. The possible lockdowns at Xmas being viewed as a Jewish attack on Christianity. But then there's the Valhalla side which comes in with 'the original source of Xmas was Lucis, which means Lucifer. A European festival of light.'

All looks like it will merge into Islam Valhalla - which is what Hitler and the Enlightenment/Illuminati were really all about. Jung even said Hitler was like Mohammed - all wild god.

There are tensions between the government/corporation and the individual. The concept of truth to some is 'be ungovernable'. Be spontaneous to be yourself. That's very different to the Truth as in Jesus Christ.

Within all this some are striving hard to understand the truth. Ie the real thing, Jesus Christ.
Hi Marina,

I guess the Biden administration is in a bit of a bind. The last thing the WEF 8th beast wants is a war, as its platform is peace and security. The hardcore old-school faction of the harlot that has controlled American politics from the time of signing the Balfour Declaration until the demise of Trump, is not about to roll over in submission, See Biden faces an angry rift in his own party over Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

We have been conditioned to think of the Harlot as a single entity as she's portrayed in the bible. The only way I can get my head around it is to see the harlot as a host of individuals, many of whom support the peace and security platform, but the old-school faction is digging in its heals determined to nuke Iran. When the harlot is destroyed it will only be that faction that nukes Iran. The rest have sided with the 8th beast that turns on them. And that is also why when she is destroyed she is not in the lake of fire and sulphur where the beast and the false prophet end up, (Rev 20:10). Dan 7:12 says: ...but as for the rest of the beasts, [all those horns/kings the constitute the 8th beast], their rulership is taken away, and there is a lengthening in life given to them for a time and a season. They will administer the earth's affairs in the interim until the Son of man returns.

The Australian government, though a minor pawn, is an important one. In binding themselves to the hardcore, old-school faction of the harlot, they will receive part of her plagues, (Rev 18:4). And are already doing so. They have lost their major trading partner China, hence the AUD has plummeted in value. One used to be able to get $1.30 NZDs for $1.00 AUD. Now it is the same value as the NZ dollar. They are already receiving part of the harlot's plagues.

I don't know where the current UK government stands on this. Are they united behind the hardcore faction or are they, like the Biden admin, divided.
LRW~

coccus ilicis

#6 Post by coccus ilicis » 3 weeks ago

In post 1, above I said:
as a mass, humans evoke the attitude of their time. Paul wrote to the Corinthians ...that dissensions exist among you. What I mean by this is that each one of you says: “I belong to Paul,” “But I to Apollos,” “But I to Cephas,” But I to Christ,” (1Cor 1:11,12)
And because dissensions have existed from time immemorial
humans have adhered to the maxim ofImage
a phrase used in many different kinds of mottos, most often to inspire unity and collaboration. Its core concept lies in the collectivist notion that if individual members of a certain group with binding ideals – such as a union, coalition, confederation or alliance – work on their own instead of as a team, they are each doomed to fail and will all be defeated. The phrase is also often referred to with only the words "United we stand Wikipedia

This is not only true of the United States of America which is a misnomer, a more accurate name would be the Disunited States of America. But America is not the only country that is disunited, peoples of all countries are split into political parties, with the parties themselves divided and religious sect with the sect themselves divided, broken families and children one against the other, etc.

George Orwell wrote the book '1984' in 1948

The 8th beast applies many of the features Orwell predicted, but he didn't count on the impact that nuclear weapons would have on the human psyche - an all-out nuclear war would lay waste to the earth. And that is why the 8th beast stands on a Peace and Security platform. And rather than the overt brutality described in 1984 it uses climate change and Covid 19 to enforce unity. But despite this, at Rev 17:13,17 it says concerning this beast ...For God put it in their hearts to carry out his one thought/purpose, to destroy the harlot. As such, like Nebuchadnezzar, it is doing God’s work and is God's current servant, ( cf. Jer 25:9).

After expelling demons, Jesus's opposers accused him of being demonized and Jesus said "How can Satan expel Satan? Why, if a kingdom becomes divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand, (Mr 3:25; Mt12:25,26; Lu 11:17).

The first instance of disunity occurred when Cain became jealous of his brother. According to the account, Cain brought some of the fruits of his agricultural labour as an offering to the God of the field/Shadday - the same God Abraham worshipped, see Ex 6:3 Shadday field, RH collumn. Abel followed his example and likewise sacrificed some firstlings of his flock. Adam records what happened ...Now while Jehovah was looking with favour upon Abel and his offering, he did not look with any favour upon Cain and his offering, and Cain grew hot with anger. Perhaps the smoke from Abel's sacrifice rose upward to heaven whereas when Cain had offered up his sacrifice a gust of wind had blown the smoke sideways, which was interpreted as unfavourable.

Man, made in God's image, experiences jealousy even as their maker does. The problem Cain faced, and we still do today, is mastering it. Jesus expanded on what Jehovah told Cain at Gen 4:7 ...If you turn to doing good, will there not be exaltation. Indeed there would be because jealousy is one of the most difficult negative emotions to master. Jesus expands on the theme of doing good, at Mt 5:39-44. If we do good instead of hitting back at the one that hurts us, it dispels jealousy or any other negative emotion that enrages us. When Israel made an image of the Egyptian goddess Hathor saying: this is your God O Israel that led you out of the land of Egypt, Jehovah was beside himself with rage and wanted to destroy the lot of them and start afresh with Moses. But Moses reasoned with him and talked him out of it. ...and Jehovah began to feel regret over the evil he had just spoken of doing to his people, (Ex 32:4,7-14). If that is how it is for Jehovah how much more difficult is it for us. Jesus has told us how we might, by doing good, overturn such negative emotions.

The maxim United we Stand, Divided we Fall is the slogan that has enabled humans not only to survive but also to progress, and learn from their mistakes and thrive. And it is the force that motivates the 8th beast, their aim is to unite the world to secure Peace and Security. And it can’t be denied that their method has had a measure of success. But it also cannot be denied that our uniting is only to present a formidable force against people, who like us have their reason's for taking a stand against us. We still have a long way to go before we learn to live together peaceably.

When Israel nukes Iran starting the feared nuclear war which, instead of escalating, is cut short ,(Mt 24:21,22), it will finally bring humankind to its senses ...And many peoples will certainly go and say: "Come you people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his way, and we will walk in his paths... And they will have to beat their swords into ploughshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war any more, (Isa 2:3,4). By applying what Jesus taught now, (Mt 5:39-44; 7:1-5), we can be part of the remainder of the woman’s seed who have the work of bearing witness to Jesus, (Rev 12:17) ), see post 1, above. It doesn't mean agreeing with everything others say, but it means accepting that others may have a different way of understanding matters, and rather than denouncing them making allowances. So much time is wasted pointing an accusing finger at others, and all it does is feed existing negative emotions.

Jehovah has put up with our obstreperousness for millennia, surely we can do this for now. It won't be so hard once we have learned to see things from Jehovah's viewpoint and think the way he does. He allows for myriads of different life forms and characters to flourish and fully express themselves because diversity is the key to a flourishing healthy world. And unlike any totalitarian system of man's creation, we know that Jehovah’s rule is always right; two and two do not make five and slavery is not freedom.
LRW~

goghtherefore

#7 Post by goghtherefore » 3 weeks ago

Hi CI

Soooo, according to your interpretation(s); whom would you say/teach the King of the South is/to be?

Thanks,

gogh

Marina

#8 Post by Marina » 3 weeks ago

coccus ilicis wrote: 3 weeks ago Man, made in God's image, experiences jealousy even as their maker does. The problem Cain faced, and we still do today, is mastering it. Jesus expanded on what Jehovah told Cain at Gen 4:7 ...If you turn to doing good, will there not be exaltation. Indeed there would be because jealousy is one of the most difficult negative emotions to master. Jesus expands on the theme of doing good, at Mt 5:39-44. If we do good instead of hitting back at the one that hurts us, it dispels jealousy or any other negative emotion that enrages us. When Israel made an image of the Egyptian goddess Hathor saying: this is your God O Israel that led you out of the land of Egypt, Jehovah was beside himself with rage and wanted to destroy the lot of them and start afresh with Moses. But Moses reasoned with him and talked him out of it. ...and Jehovah began to feel regret over the evil he had just spoken of doing to his people, (Ex 32:4,7-14). If that is how it is for Jehovah how much more difficult is it for us. Jesus has told us how we might, by doing good, overturn such negative emotions.
I take your point on jealousy. Never thought of it quite like that - God is a jealous God, therefore we get jealous too. His jealously is righteous though because His rights are His.

When Moses softened Jehovah's face he was saying 'Lord if you take these people and destroy them here, what will the surrounding nations say ABOUT YOU.'

Therefore Moses was appealing to God for mercy on the basis of God's own holy name. And that is the 1st line of the Lord's Prayer - "Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name."

God wants to be merciful and Moses appealed in just the right way - it wasn't that God had to wrestle with his feelings. He was expressing His own righteousness when he said He would destroy His disobedient people. But Moses was leader for a reason. Although not perfect, he understood how to approach God. He understood the correct way to appeal.

Today our correct way to appeal for God's mercy is to consider our actions in the light of Jesus Christ's example. Rectify what we can and (without being naive and gullible) be merciful towards others knowing our own failings.

God is slow to anger but His wrath is righteous. Our wrath does not produce God's righteousness. (James 1:20)

Away from Jesus Christ, we would be in line for God's judgement, that fiery jealousy that will consume those in opposition to God. Ie those that hate what is good. Those who hate love, because God is love.

(Hebrews 10:26-27) For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.

(1 John 4:16) God is love, and he that remains in love remains in union with God and God remains in union with him.
Marina

coccus ilicis

Re: Testing

#9 Post by coccus ilicis » 2 weeks ago

goghtherefore wrote: 3 weeks ago Hi CI

Soooo, according to your interpretation(s); whom would you say/teach the King of the South is/to be?

Thanks,

gogh
Hello gogh

The last time the two kings are mentioned is at Dan 11:27, as regards these two kings their hearts will be inclined to doing what is bad and at one table a lie is what they will speak but she shall not prosper because the end is for the appointed time.

When did this happen?

The only reliable pivotal date to work from is given at Dan 11:40 ...And in the time of the end the king of the south will engage with him and against the king of the north in a pushing. This pushing refers to WW1, WW2 and the subsequent cold war, at the end of which only one king remains, the king of the north.

Who is that king?

Dan 11:41-43 gives us a clue. These are the countries he conquers.

At the end of WW2, the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council ruled on all matters relating to world security.
Membership of the United Nations Security Council is held by the five permanent members and ten elected, non-permanent members ... The permanent members were the People's Republic of China, the French Republic, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the United States of America ...These were the great powers, or their successor states, that were the victors of World War II Wikipedia - List of members of the United Nations Security Council

Only the five permanent members had veto rights, which meant that any one of the five could cancel any decision taken on world security matters. After communism fell around 1992 America was the superpower, and it made member countries vote according to its bidding. So this is the king of the north that conquered the listed countries of Dan 11:41-43.

Then Dan 11:44 says: and there will be reports that will disturb him, [the king of the north], out of the sun rising and out of the north, China & Russia. These two, and others that joined them resisted the American/Israeli power block and no longer acquiesced with the king of the north's dictates.

What had changed?
LRW~

goghtherefore

Re: Testing

#10 Post by goghtherefore » 2 weeks ago

Greetings coccus ilicis

Thank for your reply and presenting your view.

Regards,

goghtherefore