Help!!! A church teaching that really baffles me.

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Sevenz

Help!!! A church teaching that really baffles me.

#1 Post by Sevenz » 2 weeks ago

I really need some help with this. It's something that I've never understood, and it's a very important subject. I am hoping that somebody here (or several somebodies) can walk me through what the churches believe.

▶The churches teach that a person has an immortal soul, and if the person is "saved" they go straight to "heaven" when they die.
▶The churches also teach that the earth along with all the gillions of galaxies with their gillions-upon-gillions of stars and planets are all LITERALLY going to be destroyed by God.
▶The churches also teach and believe that God is going to create a new heavens and a new earth. In other words, God will create a brand new earth along with new gillions of galaxies with their gillions-upon-gillions of stars and planets.

Now this is what baffles me about their teachings:

If all the "saved" persons have gone to heaven to live with God, Jesus, and the angels then WHAT IN THE THUNDER IS THE PURPOSE OF A NEW HEAVENS AND A NEW EARTH ??!!

Who is going to live on the new earth? Do they perhaps believe that the "saved" (who are living in heaven with God, Jesus, and the angels) are going to leave heaven and occupy the new earth? Is that it? What in the THUNDER am I missing here ?? !!

Can someone help me understand this?

I would really appreciate it.

Sevenz

Stranger

Re: Help!!! A church teaching that really baffles me.

#2 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

Sevenz wrote:
2 weeks ago

You left out a few details but I think we can work with what we got. I have to go to work now so it will be later before I can assist. (I'm headed your way Bobcat, give me a call if you want to go to Old Folks buffet, I'll be in your town.)

Stranger

Bobcat

#3 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

Ah bummer! I'm stuck at work. But enjoy it. I was reading that Old Country was talking about closing their restaurants.

Bobcat

Sevenz

#4 Post by Sevenz » 2 weeks ago

Stranger wrote:
2 weeks ago
Sevenz wrote:
2 weeks ago

You left out a few details but I think we can work with what we got. I have to go to work now so it will be later before I can assist. (I'm headed your way Bobcat, give me a call if you want to go to Old Folks buffet, I'll be in your town.)

Stranger
Ten-four, Stranger.

I'll be expecting you after you're done with making money and all tired out. I do think you ought to take the time to pet the dog when you get home. After all, the little fella gives you unconditional love and will be there to greet you with tail wagging.

I think that I will play that song again, the one you sent me. (I need something to get me moving, plus I'm about to go blind trying to see this small print.)

Sevenz

Proselytiser of Jah

#5 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 weeks ago

Hi Sevenz, good questions. If you like you can read my articles where I share my interpretation on these subjects:

Where do dead people go?: https://proselytiserofjah.wordpress.com ... people-go/

What is the soul and spirit?: https://proselytiserofjah.wordpress.com ... ifference/

Earth destroyed?: https://proselytiserofjah.wordpress.com ... destroyed/

What is Gehenna?: https://proselytiserofjah.wordpress.com ... ond-death/

My thoughts on New Heaven & New Earth (and who may go where and the possibility of two classes): https://proselytiserofjah.wordpress.com ... rrections/

As for why the churches teach what they teach, in short.. Greek Platoism's corrution upon the churches from the 3rd century onward.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Sevenz

#6 Post by Sevenz » 2 weeks ago

Thanks Proselytiser. I will read what you have to say, but my chief interest is in trying to make sense out of Christendom's teaching regarding this one subject, how they explain the matter.

I completely disagree with their teaching that God is going to destroy the earth and the rest of the physical universe. I personally believe the same as the Watchtower Society does on this particular point, that the earth will last forever and so will the rest of the universe.

I have to leave home right now, but I am interested in reading what you have to say and will do so as soon as I get the time.

Thanks again for sharing.

Sevenz

Stranger

#7 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

Sevenz wrote:
2 weeks ago
▶The churches teach
▶The churches also teach
▶The churches also teach
Sevenz wrote:
2 weeks ago
my chief interest is in trying to make sense out of Christendom's teaching regarding this one subject,

Hi Sevenz from Texas, where God gave angels a place to land then blessed it with His own hand.

First you were asking about the Churchs, then you just threw them in with the whole lot of Christendom. We're dealing with many counterfeits and antichrists, Big mama and her seedlings that no one knows who the sire of those seedlings are but there are many. There is only one person that takes the Lord Jesus Christ's place during His absence, and that one person is the Holy Spirit.

When we know these things, and the enemy knows we know these things, then they fear, they really fear.

Could you be more specific on who the Mother is of all these whores that you are inquiring? Then we can figure out who's lying.

Stranger, (Rev 1:4)

Edited to include: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQkq9eoH63w

FriendlyDoggo

#8 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 week ago

Hello Sevenz! I can't talk about "imortality" because I never learned that. I think we all go to heaven, but not straight: 2 Timothy 2:18

This teaching agree with the science:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586- ... %20planets.
The most probable fate of the planet is absorption by the Sun in about 7.5 billion years, after the star has entered the red giant phase and expanded beyond the planet's current orbit.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_ ... nt%20orbit.

See this post for more:
viewtopic.php?p=49634#p49634

The last question I still can't answer properly, but I want to talk about it soon as possible.
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

coccus ilicis

#9 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 week ago

Hi all, as I said before what an excellent discussion this is. But just to make sure and dot the I's, before examining Daniel chapter two, we have to take a little detour.

Babylon the great is the mother of the harlots. She is the one of whom Jesus says: "Get out of her my people if you do not want to share a part of her plagues. The power of her authority is the combined force of the U.S. and Israeli military might. Jehovah said to the serpent, "And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He, [Satan's seed], shall bruise you/the serpent's seed in the head/rosh; and you, [the serpent's seed], shall bruise her seed/the woman's seed, in the heel" . This prophecy concerns Gog of Magog,(Ezek 38:4-23), which reads: "Son of Man set your face against the Gog' [of] the land of Magog, the head/Rosh/chieftain of Meshech and Tubal,[cf. Gen 10: 1,2], and prophesy against him. And it must occur in that day ...you will certainly think up in your heart,[the heart of Rosh], an injurious scheme; and you must say: "I shall go up against open rural country ...those having no disturbance, dwelling in security, all of them dwelling without a wall, and they do not even have a bar on doors. It will be to get great spoil and to do much plundering, in order to turn your hand, [Rosh's hand], back upon devastated places re-inhabited, and upon a people gathered together ...from the remotest parts of the north, (cf.Isa 14:13). And it must occur in that day, when Gog comes in upon the soil of Israel that my rage will certainly come up into my nose ...And in my ardour and in the fire of my fury, I shall speak. Surely on that day, a great quaking will occur in the soil of Israel. ...And mountains will actually be thrown down ... and every wall will have to fall. "And I will call forth against him ... a sword... against his own brother the sword of each one will be ...And I will bring myself into judgment with him, with pestilence and with blood, and a flooding downpour and hailstones, fire and sulphur, [nuclear missiles], I shall rain down upon him and upon his bands ...And they will have to know that I am Jehovah.' This is a description of the battle of Armageddon,(Mt 24: 15-22). It is what Jesus refers to when he says: “Therefore when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, let the reader use discernment, then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains. ...For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, nor will occur again. In fact unless those days would be cut short no flesh would be saved, (Matt 24:15; Mr 13:14).

This head/Rosh makes his final appearance when the thousand year rule of Christ has ended,(Rev 20:7-9; cf. Rev9:10). One would think they had learned their lesson when the wild beast and false prophet were destroyed, (Rev20:10), but not so. It is only after this the Jehovah becomes all things to every one, (1Cor 15:28).
LRW~

coccus ilicis

#10 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 week ago

Hi all, as I said before what an excellent discussion this is. But just to make sure and dot the I's, before examining Daniel chapter two, we have to take a little detour.

Babylon the great is the mother of the harlots. She is the one of whom Jesus says: "Get out of her my people if you do not want to share a part of her plagues. The power of her authority is the combined force of the U.S. and Israeli military might. Jehovah said to the serpent, "And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He, [Satan's seed], shall bruise you/the serpent's seed in the head/rosh; and you, [the serpent's seed], shall bruise her seed/the woman's seed, in the heel" . This prophecy concerns Gog of Magog,(Ezek 38:4-23), which reads: "Son of Man set your face against the Gog' [of] the land of Magog, the head/Rosh/chieftain of Meshech and Tubal,[cf. Gen 10: 1,2], and prophesy against him. And it must occur in that day ...you will certainly think up in your heart,[the heart of Rosh], an injurious scheme; and you must say: "I shall go up against open rural country ...those having no disturbance, dwelling in security, all of them dwelling without a wall, and they do not even have bar on doors. It will be to get great spoil and to do much plundering, in order to turn your hand, [Rosh's hand], back upon devastated places re-inhabited, and upon a people gathered together ...from the remotest parts of the north, (cf.Isa 14:13). And it must occur in that day, when Gog comes in upon the soil of Israel that my rage will certainly come up into my nose ...And in my ardour and in the fire of my fury, I shall speak. Surely on that day, a great quaking will occur in the soil of Israel. ...And mountains will actually be thrown down ... and every wall will have to fall. "And I will call forth against him ... a sword... against his own brother the sword of each one will be ...And I will bring myself into judgment with him, with pestilence and with blood, and a flooding downpour and hailstones, fire and sulfur , [nuclear missiles], I shall rain down upon him and upon his bands ...And they will have to know that I am Jehovah.' This is a description of the battle of Armageddon,(Mt 24: 15-22). It is what Jesus refers to when he says: “Therefore when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, let the reader use discernment, then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains. ...For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, nor will occur again. In fact unless those days will be cut short no flesh would be saved, (Matt 24:15; Mr 13:14).

This thieving Rosh of the earth of Magog makes one final appearance
LRW~