What do the feet & 10 toes of Daniel 2 TRULY represent?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Sevenz

Re: What do the feet & 10 toes of Daniel 2 TRULY represent?

#21 Post by Sevenz » 2 weeks ago

Johnamos,

I already see that I fell short in answering your question in my post above, so I will try again here.

You asked:
Who are you saying BTG is? Whomever it is, God has told his people to get out of her. What does that mean to you? And if as you say BTG worships the 8th king, then why does the 8th king/wild beast and the 10 kings turn on her and destroy her?
You need to come to the realization that there is a "Babylon the great city" as well as a "Babylon the Great". "Babylon the great city" is the Harlot. "Babylon the Great" is the name of the 8th king aka one-world government.

The Watchtower Society has yet to appreciate the distinction between the two of them, but I'm sure that they will soon do so. Presently, the WTS thinks that the name on a person's forehead is that person's personal name, but it is NOT. Instead, the name identifies who the person worships.

Sevenz

johnamos2.0

#22 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

I watched both of those clips you posted... I downloaded them.
This longer one of Walter is a better one to have downloaded. The shorter 8min one cut out most of what I was saying about it in my post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANiqW8F0A5c

On what you are saying about the 8th king/UN coming to power, I understand that as that is how I see it, but what I don't get that you are saying is:
The 8th king aka "Babylon the Great"
The 8th king/wild beast (Revelation 17:11) can not be BTG. It is the wild beast and the 10 kings that turn on and destroy BTG. (Revelation 17:16) God's people are also told to get out of BTG. (Rev 18:4) The wild beast/8th king and the false prophet are both said to be thrown into the fiery lake. (Revelation 19: 20)

That shows 4 separate players:

1.wild beast/8th king
2.false prophet
3.BTG
4.10 kings/kings of the earth

So how can BTG also be the 8th king?

Edit- I was writing this when apparently you were writing the above. :)

johnamos2.0

#23 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

"Babylon the great city" is the Harlot.
Okay, then who is the Harlot today?

Sevenz

#24 Post by Sevenz » 2 weeks ago

She doesn't exist.

Like the 8th king, she doesn't appear until the time of the end, and we are not quite there yet.

However, I heavily suspect that the churches of Christendom will play the role of the Harlot since they notoriously meddle in politics. Very few of them can claim to be politically neutral.

Sevenz

Sevenz

#25 Post by Sevenz » 2 weeks ago

This longer one of Walter is a better one to have downloaded. The shorter 8min one cut out most of what I was saying about it in my post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANiqW8F0A5c
Thank you very much, Johnamos!

I just finished downloading it.

Sevenz

johnamos2.0

#26 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

She doesn't exist.
Like the 8th king, she doesn't appear until the time of the end,
IDK about this one. :shrug: :problem: :think:

I can say that I don’t know who/what the woman/harlot is but I think she does exist and she is BTG.

When it comes to the prophecies of the 8th king/wild beast it speaks in terms of what it will do and what will happen in it’s future time/authority but when talking about BTG/the woman/harlot, it speaks of to much activity to have to happen with her in the future, so much stuff that it had to have already been happening. Her kind of said activity happens over time. The whole 18th chapter of Rev is in regards to her.

In the following I see this particular woman to be a harlot and she is called BTG because she is the mother of the harlots.

Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot+ who sits on many* waters,+ 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication,+ whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”*+

I caught sight of a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast+

the woman was arrayed in purple+ and scarlet,+

upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:+ “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots+

the woman was drunk with the blood+ of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.+

the mystery* of the woman+ and of the wild beast that is carrying her

the woman sits on top :whistle: :lol:

The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.+

the ten horns+ that you saw, and the wild beast,+ these will hate the harlot+ and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.+

the woman+ whom you saw means* the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”+

She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen,+ [NOTE- I think this alone makes clear that 'she' the woman/harlot is BTG.]

Yes, in her was found the blood+ of prophets+ and of holy ones+ and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.”+

See also:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/Rbi ... y=discover

Stranger

#27 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot+ who sits on many* waters,+ 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication,+ whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”*+

Here's a good snapshot of what you two are trying to figure out. Look long and hard at it, study it. For in it is the whole story of BTG and her whore daughters, her many waters (notice it doesn't say all the waters), her merchandise, her Kings of the Earth, the wild beast and the abyss. Don't even read the article just look at the picture in it, https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/The-B ... ping-chaos

Stranger, (Jer 25:32)

Sevenz

#28 Post by Sevenz » 2 weeks ago

Hello Johnamos,

If I may, I would like to ask you a few questions. My reason? I'm thinking that by your answering the questions it might be of some help to you.

Here are the questions:

Question #1: Revelation 14:1 says that the 144,000 have the name of the Lamb and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. Why do you think the 144,000 have those two names written on their foreheads? What do you think it means?

Question #2: Revelation 17:5 says that the Harlot has a name written on her forehead. Why do you think she has a name written on her forehead? Whose name do you think it is? Do you think it is her own name?

Thanks,

Sevenz

johnamos2.0

#29 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

:D

I see your point with question #1 but in regards to question #2, Revelation 14:8 says; “She has fallen! Babylon+ the Great has fallen,+ she who made all the nations drink of the wine+ of the anger of her fornication!”*.

Who do you say SHE/HER is referring to? Is it the woman/harlot? This SHE/HER in that verse is said to be BTG.

Sevenz

#30 Post by Sevenz » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
:D

I see your point with question #1 but in regards to question #2, Revelation 14:8 says; “She has fallen! Babylon+ the Great has fallen,+ she who made all the nations drink of the wine+ of the anger of her fornication!”*.
You didn't answer any of the questions. Is it because you prefer not to answer them? Or is it because you don't know the answers?

I cannot help you understand what I have been saying unless you address the questions. I hope you will give it a shot. There are only 6 questions in all. Here they are again if you want to try.

Question #1a: Why do you think the 144,000 have the name of the Lamb and the name of his father written on their foreheads?
Question #1b: What do you think it means?

Question #2a: Why do you think the Harlot has a name written on her forehead?
Question #2b: Whose name do you think it is?
Question #2c: Do you think it is her own name?

Sevenz