What do the feet & 10 toes of Daniel 2 TRULY represent?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
johnamos2.0

Re: What do the feet & 10 toes of Daniel 2 TRULY represent?

#41 Post by johnamos2.0 » 5 days ago

To late to edit post #40:

In regards to chapter 14 and 18 when saying 'SHE', it uses the words 'BTG' only...no reference to CITY.

Remember when you said this:
there exists an entity that is called "Babylon the Great" (period)

Bobcat

#42 Post by Bobcat » 5 days ago

I didn't want to interrupt y'alls back & forth (I'm in the south USA now - I used to say "y'ins" when I lived up north), but if it might be of any help, numerous commentaries make mention of the fact that it was not uncommon for harlots to wear their own name on a headband. Rev 17:5 doesn't explicitly say she has a headband. But it does seem to be focusing on the mysterious aspect of her name. And the verse does not seem to be discussing ownership in the immediate context. Rather, it is discussing her character.

In several instances a name on the forehead is used as a means of identifying ownership. (Rev 3:12; 14:1; 13:16 [possibly]) But Rev 13:1 provides another exception. The blasphemous name (or names) on the heads of the beast appear to be meant as an indication of character rather than ownership. (There is a MSS variant regarding the plurality or singularity of the word "name[s]" in Rev 13:1.)

Incidentally, there is a variant reading of Rev 14:8. The Received Text has "city" in Rev 14:8. But it is spurious. The better MSS do not have "city" (Greek polis) in Rev 14:8. I mention this in this post, as well as posts # 9 & 10 below the linked post.

Just one more "incidentally": There are three 'great cities' in Revelation. Rev 11:8; 16:19 (resembling apostate Jerusalem), Rev 17:8; 18:10, 16, 18, 19, 21 (Babylon, which has a kingdom over the kings of the earth), and Rev 21:2, 9, 10-21 (the New Jerusalem, the Lamb's wife, not specifically called "great," but the dimensions and description given would lend itself to that).

With that, I return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Bobcat

coccus ilicis

#44 Post by coccus ilicis » 4 days ago

It is difficult to know where to start, but here goes.

The ten toes represent the falsification of the Hebrew text that began with the Sopherim scribes in Alexandria substituting mighty God with almighty God, during the reign of the Ptolemaic dynasty in Alexandrian Egypt, circa 537CE. Ezra made the initial change, changing Jehovah to God almighty. At this point a journey into history is necessary. Kings used armies to rule nations under their control, (Nimrod the mighty hunter ruled Babel/Babylon and Erech and Accad and Calneh in the land/earth of Shinnar. He went forth from there into Assyria and started building the cities of Nineveh, Rehoboth, Calah, and Resen. To cut a long story short he saw himself as a great protector, more important than any God. Similarly today, the military powers see themselves as protectors of the public welfare.

Those running the show in today’s Jerusalem, see themselves doing the same thing, and they see Iran as an enemy that must be eliminated. The armies continued existence as protectors of the people’s interests depends on it. What they don’t realize is that not only was the current situation foretold, but so is its outcome. The angel told Daniel not to be afraid and that he had come to explain what would happen, (Dan 12:11&12, cf. Dan 10:19, 20, 21)

So that is where we now stand in the stream of time. The army in Jerusalem, supported by the U.S military will war against China and Russia, who have no intention of allowing the U.S military to camp within missile range on their borders. As Jesus said: “Therefore when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, then let those in Jerusalem begin fleeing to the mountains. Let the man on the housetop not come down to take goods from his house, and the man in the field not return to pick up his outer garment. Woe to the pregnant women and those suckling babies in those days! Pray that your flight might not occur in wintertime, nor on the Sabbath day; for then there will be a tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, nor will occur again, (this refers to the war of Armageddon). In fact unless those days would be cut short no flesh would be saved, but on account of the chosen ones, those days will be cut short. ...Then if anyone says to you; Look! Here is the Christ or There! do not believe it. For False Christs and false prophets will arise to give great signs and wonders so as to mislead if possible even the chosen ones, Look! I have forewarned you. So if people say to you Look! He is in the inner chambers, Do not believe it. For just as lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over western parts, so the presence, (parousia Mt 24:27) of the Son of Man will be. Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles/vultures will also be gathered together, (Matt 24:28). You know the rest.

Dear friends, that’s where we are in the stream of time. But be assured, those loyal to Jehovah, and his son will be safeguarded, (Rev 7:4) Their experience will be required in the New Jerusalem.)

Sorry for being so long-winded, but such is always the case when I start reading what is written.
LRW~