If there are no two-classes...

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
FriendlyDoggo

If there are no two-classes...

#1 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 2 weeks ago

...why we are called kings and priests in Revelation 1:6 ? We will rule what?

Yes I believe 100% that the two-class teaching is false.

Ephesians 4:4-6 There is one body and one Spirit,just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. (emphasis added)

What I'm missing here?
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

investigate

Re: If there are no two-classes...

#2 Post by investigate » 2 weeks ago

One possibility is the nations (Rev 22:15)

Another could be resurrected (Daniel 12:3)

Simply living as kings (Rom 5:17), not necessarily subjugating anyone (seems to go along the lines of cultivating humility)

Or having dominion over the earth and animals, like Adam

Dont forget at the end of the millenium Jesus turns the kingdom over to his father. The first two connotations would cease then.

Revelation also says the chosen would shepherd the nations along with Jesus.

Kerry Huish

#3 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

Another possibility is that the two class teaching is not false...

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

investigate

#4 Post by investigate » 2 weeks ago

What really sealed it for me was Rev 15:2. Those victorious over the beast are all together. Not getting into a debate on earth vs heaven here but there's no reason to be dogmatic one way or the other either from this scripture.

Also Rev 2:10. If faithful even to death, you get the crown of life. Not, you are resurrected so you can try again!

FriendlyDoggo

#5 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 2 weeks ago

investigate: Figured that it maybe not literal (like almost everything in revelation) It maybe it's speaking figuratively (John 3:10-12) about the glory of the "spiritual bodies" of 1 Corinthians 15: 42-44 and the "better ressurection" of Hebrews 11:35, when we be ressurected it will be like we were all "kings and priests".

Kerry: I don't wan't to extend myself on that because this isn't the main purpose of the topic, but as it is written in Ephesians 4:4 there's only "one hope" and that hope is the "crown of life" as investigate showed with Revelation 2:10
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

investigate

#6 Post by investigate » 2 weeks ago

Yes FD - was on mobile and thought I probably didn't write it clear while I was driving, but couldn't edit. Exactly that! Living as kings in immortal (undying) bodies

Bobcat

#7 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

Just to add to the mix:

Rev 1:6 is an allusion to Ex 19:6. It is also alluded to at 1Pe 2:5, 9 and Rev 5:10. Ex 19:6 was the hoped for situation that the entire nation of Israel would attain to. It is what God wanted for the whole nation, not just the Levites or the descendants of Judah.

During the Millennium there will be various assignments. Mt 20:21-23 hints at this. But any idea of class in this age ... well, I'll leave it at this: Mt 20:25-28. And this was spoken to the apostles.

Unfortunately, many of us have years of WT indoctrination we carry. Our scars. WT was/is highly class-oriented. There is a chain of command just as in any military organization. And WT always highlights that chain of command. Obedience is always highlighted. Keeping a good conscience, not so much, unless your conscience is telling you to do what WT wants. Then it is good. Otherwise, you are just being selfish if your good conscience is different from what WT wants.

That's not to say there shouldn't be respect among'st brothers and sisters.