The Fall of Babylon and the Jewish Exile (70 Years: 598-528 BCE)

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Kerry Huish

Re: The Fall of Babylon and the Jewish Exile (70 Years: 598-528 BCE)

#11 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 week ago

I won't press you about it any further.
It took me a while to see it.
I beleive you will see it, sooner or later.

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

Proselytiser of Jah

#12 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 week ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 week ago
I won't press you about it any further.
It took me a while to see it.
I beleive you will see it, sooner or later.

Kind Regards

Kerry
I understand what you are saying and Investigated that road. That the length of exile has nothing to do with Babylon's 70 years, I get it, but I believe that means to ignore God's prophets and His word on the Jews being exiled for 70 years by means of Babylon in the verses I quoted. It states verbatim.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

johnamos2.0

#13 Post by johnamos2.0 » 1 week ago

PoJ. The 70 years pertained to Babylon's time as a world power. Jer 29 10 is just saying that Jehovah will turn his attention to them after the 70 years were completed for Babylon. The turnings his attention to them is not what would end the 70 years...it just that it would take place after the 70 years ended.

ctron

#14 Post by ctron » 1 week ago

Proselytiser of Jah wrote:
1 week ago
I understand what you are saying and Investigated that road. That the length of exile has nothing to do with Babylon's 70 years, I get it, but I believe that means to ignore God's prophets and His word on the Jews being exiled for 70 years by means of Babylon in the verses I quoted. It states verbatim.
It those 70 years are the length of the exile, then to whom did those 70 years exactly apply? Many were already in exile before the destruction of Jerusalem when Jehovah talked to them about the 70 years (Jeremiah 29:1,4,10). There was also a remnant which was not in exile after the destruction of Jerusalem according to Jeremiah 44:2 and Jeremiah 44:11,12. They were killed later. I find this interesting since this would mean that the Sabbath rest couldn't have started with the destruction of Jerusalem.

ctron

Bobcat

#15 Post by Bobcat » 1 week ago

Carl Olaf Jonsson mentions an interesting aspect to the land keeping Sabbath while the Jews were exiles. See under the sub-title Two More Examples here.

Bobcat

ctron

#16 Post by ctron » 1 week ago

ctron wrote:
1 week ago
1 week ago
It those 70 years are the length of the exile, then to whom did those 70 years exactly apply? Many were already in exile before the destruction of Jerusalem when Jehovah talked to them about the 70 years (Jeremiah 29:1,4,10). There was also a remnant which was not in exile after the destruction of Jerusalem according to Jeremiah 44:2 and Jeremiah 44:11,12. They were killed later. I find this interesting since this would mean that the Sabbath rest couldn't have started with the destruction of Jerusalem.

ctron
Let me give you an example. People are put in prison for a certain crime they committed at a certain date. First ones were put in prison in 2019, some in 2020, and some this year. And more will be caught and put in prison next year. And now you go to those prisoners and tell them that they have to wait until the 10 years prison time are completed. When would the 10 years be over for each one? Will they all leave the prison at the same time? Would the 10 years be over when the first ones have served 10 years in prison?

ctron

Proselytiser of Jah

#17 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 week ago

ctron wrote:
1 week ago
1 week ago

ctron
I never said the exile starts with the destruction of Jerusalem, I argued the opposite that it starts at the first siege when Jerusalem first is opressed by Babylon and Jehoakim dies and the first of Jews (but not all of them) are exiled under reign of Jehoachin (son of Jehoakin), the destruction of Jerusalem is years later at the second siege during the rule of Zedekiah (causing even more to go into exile in totality).
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

ctron

#18 Post by ctron » 1 week ago

1 week ago
ctron wrote:
1 week ago
1 week ago

ctron
I never said the exile starts with the destruction of Jerusalem, I argued the opposite that it starts at the first siege when Jerusalem first is opressed by Babylon and Jehoakim dies and the first of Jews (but not all of them) are exiled under reign of Jehoachin (son of Jehoakin), the destruction of Jerusalem is years later at the second siege during the rule of Zedekiah (causing even more to go into exile in totality).
Sorry for not being more clear. This is not what I was trying to say. Jeremiah 25:11 shows that 70 years applied to everyone including other nations. So if it was meant to be a 70 years exile, then everyone would have to be in exile for exactly 70 years. But this was not the case.

ctron

Proselytiser of Jah

#19 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 week ago

ctron wrote:
1 week ago
1 week ago
ctron wrote:
1 week ago

ctron
Sorry for not being more clear. This is not what I was trying to say. Jeremiah 25:11 shows that 70 years applied to everyone including other nations. So if it was meant to be a 70 years exile, then everyone would have to be in exile for exactly 70 years. But this was not the case.

ctron
I see. Do we have any other scriptural proof that the 70 years of Babylon isn't meant to be marked by the exile of the Jews beginning with the first ousting under Jehoakim though? I'm going by the words of the prophets and Marina's "seven antivrus scriptures" she used for debunking 1914. When I got into it, I was then drawn into finding out for myself what the "real" and accurate date was for the fall of Jerusalem and the exile.

The prophets say that the exile is tied to the 70 years universally in all of these books. According to Eziekel, by the time they had been "exiled for 25 years", it was "14 years after Jerusalem's destruction" (587), meaning the exile of the Jews began 598... Ezekiel 40:1

So if we look to 598, that was the first opression of Babylon with the death of Jehoakim. The Bible says the exile would be 70 years upon the JEWS (not just the nations) and would have to be "fulfilled" on part of the Jews, not Babylon, and that after 70 years (the competion of the Jewish exile in God's eyes) Babylon would be destroyed, so if we line up these timelines, the offical exile begins when Israel is first attacked and Jehoakim dies, according to the words of the prophets. So the exile upon the Jews is for 70 years according to the words of Yehovah ( Zechariah 7:4–5 2 Chronicles 36:20–21), which ends with the destruction of Babylon Jeremiah 25:12, Jeremiah 29:10

If they are not tied together, then we would have to take up the position alternativelt, that there are two timelines. 70 years for Babylon's rule, and 70 years for the exile of the Jews, because God did say word for word in those verses, "his people" would be exiled for 70 years... and so happens to say that it would be over after Babylon was wiped out.

Unless I'm being retarded? Im I the only one who sees this intrinstic connection?

If the Babylonian 70 years began another time, that is 609, at that time, no Jew was in exile according to the prophets (their exile began in 598), but the 70 years rule is tied in with the Jewish exile (because it's a "result" of the Babylonian rule).

Proselytiser of Jah

#20 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 week ago

If it makes my thoughts more clear, I wrote an article on my thoughts here too (if this is a better format than what I've posted here, and perhaps explains my thought proccess better)

https://proselytiserofjah.wordpress.com ... 8-528-bce/