Jesus is the Word of God!

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Orchid61

Re: Jesus is the Word of God!

#11 Post by Orchid61 » 2 weeks ago

Hi Dog go,

Psalms 119:105 (ESV): 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path.

Kind regards,
Maria 🌷

AmosAU

#12 Post by AmosAU » 2 weeks ago

I'm with you in this, Maria.

The bible DOES have the answer to all our problems! The problem is that we need to work at it to find the answer in the word itself.

Since studying the Torah, Genesis to Deuteronomy, I'm beginning to find answers to things I've always wanted to know.
Both the OT and NT are inextrigably linked together as one.

Any percieved errors are able to be resolved, but only with the help of the Holy Spirit and meaningful study.

Kind regards, Amos.

Orchid61

#13 Post by Orchid61 » 2 weeks ago

Hi Amos,

Thank you for your comment and aren’t we glad we have a most fabulous Lamb to show us the narrow road 👍🥰

Love Maria 🌷

AmosAU

#14 Post by AmosAU » 2 weeks ago

Orchid61 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Hi Amos,

Thank you for your comment and aren’t we glad we have a most fabulous Lamb to show us the narrow road 👍🥰

Love Maria 🌷
Amen!

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Regards, Amos.

Get out of her

#15 Post by Get out of her » 1 week ago

FD wrote:
This habit of calling the Bible "the Word of God '' makes people think that the Bible is a "Magical Book" with answers for every single question we might have.

But if the Bible isn't the "Word" then, solved the problem! It can be sometimes contradictory, it can have some mistakes, etc.

Which is O.K, we don't have the originals and the apostles around to explain everything to us!

The scripture by himself says that it is incomplete:

John 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.(emphasis added)
Amos wrote:
I'm with you in this, Maria.

The bible DOES have the answer to all our problems! The problem is that we need to work at it to find the answer in the word itself.

Since studying the Torah, Genesis to Deuteronomy, I'm beginning to find answers to things I've always wanted to know.
Both the OT and NT are inextrigably linked together as one.

Any percieved errors are able to be resolved, but only with the help of the Holy Spirit and meaningful study.

Thank you for your reply FD. What I appreciate about comments like yours the most is how the openness, honesty and humility I see behind them (which I dare say is likely much more rare and precious than you might think) makes it so much easier for me to know exactly how to help or to teach. (Mt 18:1-6)

First of all I'd have to insist that Maria and Amos are absolutely correct with the position they shared with you and this is taking into account that Amos is just as aware as anyone here of the many attacks Jehovah's enemies have launched against the Bible over the millenniums. With that said I'd like to share some input of my own that I'm certain will soon help you to develop just as much respect for the written word as the living word, both of which actually INCLUDE or INVOLVE the Holy Spirit. (2 Pe 1:21)

It's important to bear in mind that our leader and exemplar himself constantly pointed to the WRITTEN word as HIS point of authority during his entire earthy ministry, and that is undoubtedly the strongest case that could be made for maintaining the proper degree of respect for the Bible. (Lu 4:4, 8, 12, 17) (Mt 15:7) We should take note of the fact that he was never recorded as citing or quoting from any other writings that various religious groups might recognize as holy or otherwise as inspired of some deity or God.

When it comes to this notion of the Bible sometimes appearing as contradictory to many people, I have actually been demonstrating for several years now that this is at least most often due to the fact that we all have actually been well programmed our entire lives by the antichrist to ALWAYS overlook extremely critical changes in the setting we are considering in any given passage of scripture. For example we find Jesus issuing the command to his followers at Matthew 10:5, 6 to preach ONLY to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel," while on another occasion this same command was extended to "ALL the nations." (Mt 28:18, 19) Another example would be how we learn that the anointed theocratic shepherds of the first century Christian congregation were in no need of ANYONE writing to them or teaching them ANYTHING whatsoever when it came to spiritual matters or scriptural understanding. (1 Joh 2:27) (1 Th 5:1) And yet in accounts like Matthew 24:45 25:34-40 and Revelation 11:3, 7, 11, 12 we find these same Apostles as well as even Jesus HIMSELF prophesying future occasions in which the anointed ones THEMSELVES would be in DIRE need not only of being spiritually fed, but even CLOTHED! Do we understand that this "clothing" being spoken of is a symbolic reference to exactly what we are considering in accounts like there in Revelation 11?

Yes in essentially the very same time frame that a now very elderly Apostle John is officially announcing the arrival of the "antichrist" or "man of lawlessness" that Paul had been warning about even several decades earlier, this same Apostle is making it clear that there would be future occasions in which the priestly blood atonement of the anointed ones or Christ would be lovingly furnished by Jehovah for the broken covenant that this "apostasy" Paul spoke of always results in. (1 Cor 12:12) (2 Th 2:1-4) (Strong's #5547) This is because an adulterous violation of this "holy covenant" always results in precisely what we read about in accounts like Revelation 13:8. (Da 11:30-32) But what is the point here?

Due to the fact that for many decades now WE OURSELVES have been living in a foretold setting or time frame in which one of these "apostasies" has occurred and which in turn ALWAYS requires another "coming of the kingdom," we have all been well programmed by what is ALWAYS "put in place" of the "continual sacrifice" or blood atonement of the Christ when Jehovah's appointed shepherds "leave the holy covenant" to ROUTINELY overlook a very key thing that in reality is ALWAYS being addressed in the scriptures? (Da 11:31) This is namely a very significant change in the SETTING or CONTEXT we are considering when reading a particular scriptural passage. In other words we would most certainly NEVER consider the notion of "fleeing" from Jehovah's "sanctuary" in a setting in which it had NOT been compromised by an "apostasy" on the part of Jehovah's appointed shepherds. (Mt 24:15, 16) The beloved brothers and sisters that the Apostle Paul was writing to in ancient Corinth would most certainly NEVER "get out from among and separate themselves" FROM THEIR VERY OWN CONGREGATION if it HAD NOT suffered a complete spiritual overthrow by satan due to the fact that its appointed shepherds had utterly failed to heed the rather stern counsel Paul had written them just one year earlier. (2 Cor 6:17) (1 Cor 4:18-21 5:11-13)

The fact is that MUCH of what we are considering in the scriptures which include even the divine COMMANDS we find in them have application strictly to a setting or time frame in which God's nation or kingdom actually EXISTS on the earth with a holy marriage or kingdom covenant that (for the moment at least) remains in good standing with Jehovah. As long as we fail to understand that, MUCH of the Bible will appear as contradictory to us. Ones like the Apostle Paul would certainly not have been praying the "Lord's prayer" for example, since he was living in a period in which this "kingdom" had ALREADY "come" to the earth, and in fact for the fifth of the "seven times" it was foretold to in the period identified as the "appointed times of the nations" ALONE! (Col 1:13) (Lu 21:24) (Da 4:23, 32) (Jer 15:9) (1 Sa 2:5) Paul was an "Apostle to the NATIONS" as opposed to "ONLY the lost sheep of the house of Israel" because any genuine "AUTHORITY" for a public ministry comes only with a renewed and inaugurated kingdom covenant. (Ro 11:13) (Mt 10:5, 6 28:18-20) (Lu 22:28, 29) (He 9:16-18) In OUR time period, we would do QUITE WELL to obey commands such as found in 2 Corinthians 6:17, or for that matter to pray the "Lords Prayer." (Mt 6:9, 10) By the same token we would be ILL ADVISED to be engaged in the ministry commanded in Matthew 28:18, 19 since in a setting in which we are yet again ANTICIPATING another "coming of the kingdom," the anointed THEMSELVES are in desperate need of this spiritual "food" and "clothing." (Mt 25:34-40) How very hypocritical and PRESUMPTUOUS of them this ministry would be in one of these time frames in which we are once again bearing the community responsibility of another foretold broken covenant. (Le 4:3) This pride and presumptuousness is in fact precisely what we are considering in accounts like Revelation 18:7, 8. (Isa 47:8, 9)

In the end FD, the moment we come to realize that the Christ is actually a "body of MANY members" (Ro 12:4, 5) that would continue to be formed all the way through to the time during the "last trumpet" (1 Cor 15:51-53) when ALL of this spiritual "temple" (1 Cor 3:16, 17) would be comprised solely of "incorruptible and immortal" spirit creatures who can NO LONGER violate Jehovah's holy covenant, we in turn will find ourselves in a position to appreciate the following:

Regardless of whether we are considering the written word OR the living word, BOTH of these things will remain under CONSTANT attack by Jehovah's enemies until the time he sees fit to remove them completely from the equation, and BOTH will at times suffer casualties. Jehovah never promised us this would not be the case even when it came to the holy writings, rather he only warned of the consequences for those wicked enough to actually inflict damage upon them. (Re 22:18, 19) With that said we very much want to understand that EVEN if it were the case that EVERY LETTER of EVERY WORD we encounter in the Holy Scriptures was a PERFECT reflection of what was originally penned by Jehovah's ancient prophets, it is ultimately only the HOLY SPIRIT that allows us a proper understanding of them in the first place, just as Amos very correctly indicated. OUR assignment is to focus on obeying the divine commands that are always issued in the settings of BROKEN kingdom covenant. The more we progress in connection with THESE, the more likely we are to eventually find ourselves among the "few" anointed ones Jesus spoke of in these post-apostasy/pre-kingdom settings who are granted "understanding" of these "sacred secrets." (Mt 13:11 22:14)

Agape love;
Sol

FriendlyDoggo

#16 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I'm sorry to be a bit latter, I'm a slow writter and didn't know how to answer properly.

My intention was just to share a thing that I found very interesting, not make a radical change.

I should have thought more before posting.

Thanks to all.
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.