Jesus is the Word of God!

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
FriendlyDoggo

Jesus is the Word of God!

#1 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 3 weeks ago

The title of this topic may sound weird for some, while obvious for others, but let me explain: the first time I noticed this, I was watching this interview with brother Penton, jump to 27:29.

I said to myself: No way! Hebrews 4:12 of course is talking about the Bible!

But no! observe:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.[emphasis added]

Now compare with Hebrews 4:12 again, who was with God in the beginning? the Bible? That doesn't make sense!

Now just to nail it:

Revelation 19:11-15 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. [emphasis added]

What more can I say about it? Jesus is the Word of God!

I'm so used to hearing from the churches that the Bible is the Word of God that this never passed through my mind!

And this literally changes everything!

continue...
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

Stranger

Re: Jesus is the Word of God!

#2 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

FriendlyDoggo wrote:
3 weeks ago

The first thing that I would make mention of in addition is, the Word of God, became/was made flesh, and dwelt/dwells among us. (Jn 1:14)

The second thing is that He, The Word, wasn't always called Jesus while in the flesh. (Matt 1:23)

FriendlyDoggo wrote:
3 weeks ago
continue...

..."Learning from each other's knowing,
looking to see how much we're growing"...

This song has a great intro. (first twelve to sixteen seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSEKX8GAEYY

Stranger, ( Pr 30:5, Ps 119:140 KJV)

Proselytiser of Jah

#3 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 3 weeks ago

People get confused because there are two phrases. The Word (Jesus) and then "the word" as in "the spoken word" or "written word", people in every day language may say "heed my word". I think Jesus is "the Word" because he comes to tell us "God's word" and is the fullfillment of his words/promises since Eden. Jesus "is the Word", or "is the promise".
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Stranger

#4 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Proselytiser of Jah wrote:
3 weeks ago
People get confused because there are two phrases. The Word (Jesus) and then "the word" as in "the spoken word" or "written word", people in every day language may say "heed my word". I think Jesus is "the Word" because he comes to tell us "God's word" and is the fullfillment of his words/promises since Eden. Jesus "is the Word", or "is the promise".
Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity.

Stranger, (Matt 7:7-8)

FriendlyDoggo

#5 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 3 weeks ago

Why is this information important?

People who don't believe in the Bible usually say things like "I don't believe that this is the Word of God" or "This is just another book" etc.

Well, looks like they aren't so wrong!

The point that I'm trying to make is that the Bible is in fact just a book!

Another things that show this:

1.God's name was removed.
2.Most translations have bias.
3.Spurious passages.
4.The bible itself didn't exist in the first century, it was a group of scrolls.

And the list goes on and on.

But someone may ask "Then, what is the purpose of one Bible?" and the answer is:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. [emphasis mine]

continue...

FriendlyDoggo

#6 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 3 weeks ago

Stranger wrote:
3 weeks ago
The first thing that I would make mention of in addition is, the Word of God, became/was made flesh, and dwelt/dwells among us. (Jn 1:14)

The second thing is that He, The Word, wasn't always called Jesus while in the flesh. (Matt 1:23)
Stranger: This was very helpful! thank you.

PoJ: That makes sense too, thank you.

Get out of her

#7 Post by Get out of her » 2 weeks ago

FD wrote;

I'm so used to hearing from the churches that the Bible is the Word of God that this never passed through my mind!

And this literally changes everything!
What I appreciated about the comments that both Poj as well as Stranger related here in response to your post FD is this: They should already be helping you prepare your mind for the fact that CONTINUED efforts on your part to actually learn the TRUTH of the scriptures while hopefully soon COMPLETELY "exiled" from the false worship you recently performed a "sabbath" or even an "exodus" from will only lead to an ever increasing realization that even on this particular subject ALONE things actually go well beyond even what is already being considered here in this thread. Even if you don't fully realize it you have actually begun to obey divine commands such as found in Matthew 24:15, 16 which in fact are ALWAYS issued to us when an "apostasy" on the part even of God's one and only TRUE nation means that basically "ALL the tables" of spiritual food are now full of nothing but "filthy vomit," and are now something we must even "FLEE" from. (Isa 28:8) I'd like to assure you that if you genuinely CONTINUE making forward strides in obeying ALL the commands that are issued in these prophetic time frames, even ASIDE from an understanding of the scriptures you never thought possible, the promised rewards for this are well beyond ANY of our imaginations. (1 Cor 2:9)

In the meantime, I hope you don't mind if I lovingly caution you concerning a very common tendency I continue to observe in almost everyone experiencing the spiritual awakenings that always occur in these time frames immediately prior to another foretold "coming of the kingdom." (Ac 2:17-20) Many times it is by no means an issue of one or the other, or either/or. For example I often see the tendency of my dear brothers and sisters upon waking up to the fact that the Watchtower organization is actually NOT God's true nation or religion to immediately jump to the false conclusion that some OTHER organized religion must therefore be disseminating the truth. What I witness even much MORE often is that upon learning that a particular teaching of the Watchtower organization is utterly FALSE, many seem to immediately jump to the conclusion this must automatically mean that the teachings or arguments AGAINST it we have long been hearing from OTHER religious groups must therefore be TRUE. A careful consideration of ALL the divine commands that pertain to these foretold settings we once again find ourselves in would among other things help us to appreciate that even continuing to THINK in such terms is a failure to obey the command to no longer even "TOUCH" these "unclean things." (2 Cor 6:17b) How much MORE serious a matter would it be if we continue going so far as to even actually delve into things like the literature or even meetings of OTHER organized religions, or for that matter the one that we ALREADY now know to be "unclean."

As Poj very correctly indicated the "word of God" is both "living" AND written. And what Stranger is speaking of should already begin helping us to understand that even the Christ or for that matter JESUS HIMSELF is well beyond even what you are ALREADY beginning to grasp here. We very much want to appreciate the fact that in the case of ANY evil dictator that wants to seize and maintain control over a population he would like to have as "slaves," they must first and foremost seize full control over the NARRATIVE, and this must come to include ALL OF THEM, whether it be that of the media, the educational OR the religious institutions. The idea is to dumb us down as much as possible and get us to start thinking in very small terms such as -it is a matter of this or that, one or the other and there are simply no other things to take into consideration. We are now in darkness and slavery, and this is ALWAYS the motes operand of Satan when an "apostasy" allows him to overthrow even Jehovah's own "sanctuary"/"refuge" or even "salvation" on the earth. (Da 11:30-32) (2 Th 2:1-4) (1 Cor 3:16, 17)

The fact is the more we advance in coming to obey ALL the commands issued to us in these foretold settings the more we will come to realize that even the Christ itself that you are considering here or for that matter even JESUS CHRIST is actually an entity or a phenomenon that extends FAR beyond what we have always been led to believe. ONE of the terms we have always been associating with Jesus and in fact rightly so is "SON OF MAN." (Joh 13:31) But have we overlooked things like the fact that the ancient prophet EZEKIEL was ALSO constantly identified as such in the scriptures? (Eze 33:1, 2) Even in this extremely dire setting of complete national apostasy we once again find ourselves in, the Christ is explicitly identified in the scriptures as a "body of MANY members." (Ro 12:4, 5) (1 Cor 12:12)

This scriptural term –Christ simply means -anointed (Strong's #5547) and the fact is that the vast MAJORITY of this "body" basically proves itself as merely "foolish virgins" in these time frames. (Mt 22:14, 25, 1, 2) By contrast in a time frame in which at least a "FEW" of this body of many members" prove "discreet" or otherwise succeed in assisting Jehovah with renewing and inaugurating another broken kingdom covenant such as EZEKIEL and Jeremiah did in connection with the birth of genuine theocratic power and authority that briefly occurred in ancient Babylon, this same Christ is identified now as "ALL things and IN all." (Col 3:11) (Da 2:48, 49) In other words a renewed and inaugurated kingdom covenant with the assistance of "DISCREET" virgins" among this "body of many members of the Christ" ALWAYS produces Jehovah's salvation to some degree or other for repentant mankind, including the time frames foretold by the Apostle Paul and the Apostle John in connection with ALL the people that would suddenly find themselves in dire need of exactly that during the "sixth" as well as the "LAST trumpet." (Re 11:3, 7, 11, 12 13:7, 8) (1 Cor 15:51-53)

Yes the name Jesus itself literally means -Jehovah's salvation and since these "few" among the anointed (or Christ) have by their "discretion" now succeeded in becoming not only fellow "kings" along with their "leader" but also fellow "PRIESTS," they are now exactly what the "son of man" identified John the Baptist as when it became time for him to offer up even his own flesh and blood as part of his earthly ministry. (Mt 11:9) (Re 5:10) (Da 9:25) This atoning blood of the "few" among the Christ who prove themselves "discreet" as opposed to "foolish" now qualifies them as something "FAR more than a prophet" since they are now among the body of JESUS Christ as opposed to merely the Christ. Accounts such as Revelation 11 and the fact that it is was uttered PROPHETICALLY at the end of the first century should help us to appreciate that Jehovah is free to apply the priceless value of the blood of our perfect "leader" to ALL the priestly sacrificial offerings of his true prophets in connection with ALL the foretold "birth's" or renewed covenants of his kingdom on the earth, and even if they happen to have been accomplished in more of a SYMBOLIC manner! (Re 11:3, 7, 11, 12) (He 9:16-18) (1 Sa 2:5) (Jer 15:9) (Da 4:23, 32) (Re 17:9, 10)

Yes the fact is that if you can continue making forward progress in obeying ALL the commands that are issued to us during these post-apostasy/pre-kingdom time frames FD, there will be absolutely no end not merely to the rather mind blowing scriptural truths that have long been hidden from you by the antichrist, but also the foretold events you will actually begin personally EXPERIENCING! (1 Cor 2:9) (Mt 24:46, 47)

Agape love;
Sol

Proselytiser of Jah

#8 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 weeks ago

Well put ^ :)
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

FriendlyDoggo

#9 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 week ago

Thank you Sol for all your kind words, sorry for the delay in answering.

I understand your point, brother Eric Wilson (Meleti Vivlon) once used the expression "anti-good news" to refer to the Watchtower work, and I agree with him. (https://youtu.be/CZSxlh-BXyM)

People that get out of the organization but remain christian often throw out everything they learned and start to think things like "I thought that hell didn't exist, how foolish I was!" because they learned from this religion, which left them disappointed, it's very sad.

I'm really experiencing all of that you are saying, once again thank you. ^^

FriendlyDoggo

#10 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 week ago

The Problem:

This habit of calling the Bible "the Word of God '' makes people think that the Bible is a "Magical Book" with answers for every single question we might have.

But if the Bible isn't the "Word" then, solved the problem! It can be sometimes contradictory, it can have some mistakes, etc.

Which is O.K, we don't have the originals and the apostles around to explain everything to us!

The scripture by himself says that it is incomplete:

John 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.(emphasis added)

But now you might be asking "But if the Bible isn't the "Word", have we been abandoned?" Not exactly! We still have three things:

Prayers:

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:13-14 (emphasis added)

Holy Spirit:

“These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. John 14:25-26 (emphasis added)

Jesus himself:

teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20 (emphasis added)

continue...