Personal scriptural musings on The Trinity

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
goghtherefore

Re: Personal scriptural musings on The Trinity

#131 Post by goghtherefore » 2 weeks ago

Hi DomineIvimus

Re: "It's all back to front isn't it. Normally it is the slave who does the bowing, and serves rather than is served."

So very true!

Reminds one of this:

John 15:13:

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Regards,

goghtherefore
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

johnamos2.0

#132 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

None of us know what we are talking about. Worship, don't worship. Bow, don't bow. Michael, not Michael.

I see that no one has disputed that Jesus is that angel that was speaking to John and that being the case that angel did tell John not to worship him but then you have stuff said like the following:

John 5:23 so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.+

Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, Jehovah* our God, to receive the glory+ and the honor+ and the power,+ because you created all things,+ and because of your will they came into existence and were created.”

Revelation 5:8 When he took the scroll, the four living creatures and the 24 elders+ fell down before the Lamb, and each one had a harp and golden bowls that were full of incense. (The incense means the prayers of the holy ones.)+ 9 And they sing a new song,+ saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God+ out of every tribe and tongue* and people and nation,+ 10 and you made them to be a kingdom+ and priests to our God,+ and they are to rule as kings+ over the earth.”

Revelation 5:12 and they were saying with a loud voice: “The Lamb who was slaughtered+ is worthy to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.”+

Revelation 5:13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth+ and on the sea, and all the things in them, saying: “To the One sitting on the throne+ and to the Lamb+ be the blessing and the honor+ and the glory and the might forever and ever.”+ 14 The four living creatures were saying: “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshipped.

Adoration- the act of paying honor, as to a divine being; worship.

goghtherefore

#133 Post by goghtherefore » 2 weeks ago

Hi johnamos2.0 (Regarding you post #109)

Re: "Anything else name wise or description wise that anyone could add to these 3 separate angels?"

Followers of Jehovah's Witness doctrine teach also that our Lord and Shepherd Jesus Christ is Abaddon,the angel of the abyss.

"Revelation--Its Grand Climax At Hand!" Book (1988), Page 148:"

"(Revelation 9:11) As “angel of the abyss” and “Destroyer,” Jesus had truly released a plaguing woe on Christendom."

Page 200: "This is supported by the use of Hebrew names in other visions; Jesus is given the Hebrew name “Abaddon” (meaning “Destruction”) and executes judgment at the place “called in Hebrew Har–Magedon.”—Revelation 9:11; 16:16.

...of course the foundation of Watchtowerland ;Russell, Rutherford, etc., used to teach abaddon was Satan.

“The Finished Mystery” (1917): " The same king as exercises general rulership over all the ecclesiastical affairs of this present evil world. [Which is] the angel of the [bottomless pit] ABYSS. — "The prince of the power of the air." — Eph. 2:2. Whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon. — And he is "a bad one," sure enough. — 2 Cor. 4:4. But in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. — That is, Destroyer. But in plain English his name is Satan, the Devil.

goghtherefore
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

Stranger

#134 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote: 2 weeks ago I see that no one has disputed that Jesus is that angel that was speaking to John

Hi 2.0,

I'm not gonna debate it with you but the angel in (Rev 1:1) is the same angel in (Rev 22:16).

Stranger, (Rev 1:4)

Illusive

#135 Post by Illusive » 2 weeks ago

Hello.

"So-called" trinitarians who think God has three minds or is three "entities" or something, are nothing but heretics who are actually polytheists. Christianity never taught any such thing. They violate the law of non-contradiction by saying God is literally a contradiction, and when you press them on it they say God is capable of being a contradiction. Being three but also one in a literal sense. Do not be fooled by these heretics.

God is truth itself, and the truth is always logical. We do not reach a mystery from a contradiction, a mystery occurs when we know why something must logically be the case but we do not know how it works, an example being dark matter and dark energy, which we know must exist because of the mathematics of the spacetime curvature, but we do not know how dark matter and dark energy exist.

The Orthodox teaching of Christianity teaches that God is a trinity from the beginning, but referring to Gods eternal self-knowledge in a symbolic manner. God must logically be a trinity, but in the sense that he is...

1: The Eternal Knower of all things including himself.

2: The Eternal Self-Knowledge of himself, because everything that he knows of himself, he is of himself.

3: The Eternal Active Knowing of himself an all things, because he is always knowing all things actively including himself from eternity.

These three things are true about God, but they are not three separate things in God, they are just one thing, because Gods mind is one, and not three things. We only distinguish between the "Knower, Self-Knowledge and Active Knowing" in God to indicate that this is the truth about God that he must know himself perfectly.

We symbolically call God as the Knower, the "Father".

The Father of all of his thoughts, but his thoughts are not many, but one. Since God does not have a multiplicity of thoughts or multiple wisdoms, but only one thought and one wisdom and one logos, which is eternal.

We symbolically call God as his eternal self-knowledge, the "Son"

The Thought is begotten of the Thinker, and Knowledge is begotten of the Knower. We do not say God has a literal son like how humans have a son(the way some so-called trinitarians say). This is symbolic language.

We symbolically call God as the Active Knowing, the Holy Spirit.

The Thought is begotten of the Thinker, and the Active Thinking proceeds from the Thinker and the Thought. God is always actively knowing all things including himself, and this active knowing proceeds from the Knower and the Knowledge, but these things are not separate things in God, they are not different things in God even though they are different things in us.

This is the mystery, how can God be Love, Wisdom, Power, Glory and Strength, all at the same time, but there is no difference between his attributes within him? That is the mystery, but we know it must logically be the case because all finite attributes are infinite reflections of his eternal nature which is purely one because God is one and not many

The trinity simply means this: God knows himself perfectly, and everything he knows of himself, he is, and his knowledge of himself is not separate from himself because he is not composed of "Knower and Knowledge" the way humans are, rather he is the Knower and is his own eternal self-knowledge, and we make a real distinction between those things to indicate something true about God that is not merely conceptual.

Looking forward to questions.
Latin Catholic. Professional Super-Villain. Founder of Cerberus. Follower of the Shepherd who is the savior of humanity. Dank meme enjoyer

Theme song: https://youtu.be/PnuSL7oUimA

Contact me on Discord - The Illusive Man#5157

Stranger

#136 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

Illusive wrote: 2 weeks ago The Thought is begotten of the Thinker, and the Active Thinking proceeds from the Thinker and the Thought. God is always actively knowing all things including himself, and this active knowing proceeds from the Knower and the Knowledge, but these things are not separate things in God, they are not different things in God even though they are different things in us.
Hi illusive,

Welcome to this blessed forum if you think that's at all possible with you. (Matt 19:26)

I have to be honest I started reading your posts but wound up only skimming through them.

"It's not for me I ask this question as though I were a King, for you have to love, believe and feel before the burst of Tambourines take you there"

Which space academy did you say you attended?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz2CAtExXgQ

Stranger

Illusive

#137 Post by Illusive » 2 weeks ago

Stranger wrote: 2 weeks ago
Illusive wrote: 2 weeks ago The Thought is begotten of the Thinker, and the Active Thinking proceeds from the Thinker and the Thought. God is always actively knowing all things including himself, and this active knowing proceeds from the Knower and the Knowledge, but these things are not separate things in God, they are not different things in God even though they are different things in us.
Hi illusive,

Welcome to this blessed forum if you think that's at all possible with you. (Matt 19:26)

I have to be honest I started reading your posts but wound up only skimming through them.

"It's not for me I ask this question as though I were a King, for you have to love, believe and feel before the burst of Tambourines take you there"

Which space academy did you say you attended?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz2CAtExXgQ

Stranger

Hi thanks for welcoming me.
Latin Catholic. Professional Super-Villain. Founder of Cerberus. Follower of the Shepherd who is the savior of humanity. Dank meme enjoyer

Stranger

#138 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

Part of Illusive's signature
Professional Super-Villain. Founder of Cerberus.
Hi Illusive

Would you mind giving a little detail about these statements?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus

Stranger, (2Tim 4:3-4)

Proselytiser of Jah

#139 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 weeks ago

Stranger wrote: 2 weeks ago Part of Illusive's signature
Hi Illusive

He refers to a popular video game series, Mass Effect 2. The villain of the story is known as "the Illusive man", and runs a corporation known as Cerberus. :)
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Illusive

#140 Post by Illusive » 2 weeks ago

Stranger wrote: 2 weeks ago Part of Illusive's signature
Hi Illusive

I am a Professional Super-Villain I think it's pretty self-explanatory.