With All Due Respect

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
coccus ilicis

With All Due Respect

#1 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 month ago

Bread from heaven, (Jhn 6:32).

With all due respect. Does this phrase push your button - to do or say something just to make someone angry or upset? Does this stumble you? (Jhn 6:53,60,61)

Google says:
With all due respect used as a polite formula preceding, and intended to mitigate the effect of, an expression of disagreement or criticism. How do you use due respect in a sentence? With all due respect, he is not allowed to do that. With all due respect to those who have raised that point, it is quite the wrong one to take.

Would, with all due respect, push Jesus's button? He said, You heard it said in ancient times you must not swear without performing and you must pay your vows to Jehovah, (Mt 5:33; cf. De 23:21). However I say to you, just let your Yes mean yes and your No, no: for what is in excess of this is from the wicked one, (Mt 5:37).

He also said, 'Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with the measure you are measuring out, it will be measured out to you. ...How can you say to your brother, 'Allow me to extract the straw from your eye; when look a rafter is in your own eye,' (Mt 7:1, 4).

And he said concerning the bread from heaven. For the bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives his life for the world. " ...It is the spirit that is life-giving; the flesh is of no use at all. The sayings I have spoken, are spirit and are life, (Jhn 6: 33, 63).

Narrow is the gate and cramped, [as at Ex 3:9], the road leading off into life and few are the ones finding it. (Mt 7:14).

But we've never walked that road, so please, Yehoshua/Jesus (Jhn 14:14), help us find it and walk that cramped road.
LRW~