OT vs NT

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
ctron

Re: OT vs NT

#31 Post by ctron » 1 month ago

Orchid61 wrote:
1 month ago
Hi Ctron,

You can start with this also:

Johannes 14:6 (ESV): 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Love Maria 🌷
Hi Maria,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that we can find the truth through Jesus. What I meant by finding the truth is finding and having the correct interpretation of Jesus's words and by extension many other scriptures in the Bible. Is my interpretation and understanding about a subject true or false? If it's true then I found the truth about a given subject, otherwise it's falsehood. And finding the truth in a wider sense involves finding the true and correct interpretation of many other scriptures.

But there are also many scriptures in the Bible where we can't find the true or correct interpretation with certainty since there is not enough information. And this tells me that we don't need to know it for finding the truth about Jehovah and Jesus.

ctron

apollos0fAlexandria

#32 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 1 month ago

ctron wrote:
1 month ago
I understand that we can find the truth through Jesus.
Hi ctron,

In your view is there a distinction between finding truth through Jesus, or simply recognizing that he is truth?

Not trying to inflict my opinion here, but just wondering.

Apollos

ctron

#33 Post by ctron » 3 weeks ago

Hi Apollos,
apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
1 month ago
In your view is there a distinction between finding truth through Jesus, or simply recognizing that he is truth?
This is a fair question. In my view there is a distinction between recognizing Jesus as the truth and finding the true teachings through him. I recognize Jesus as the truth, but recognizing which teachings or interpretations are true or false is difficult.

ctron

FriendlyDoggo

#34 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 3 weeks ago

Jesus gives us the tool to test teachings: Matthew 7:16 (for context read: Matthew 7:15-20)

Think about it, what are the consequences of the teaching? it is good or bad?

1 Thessalonians 5:20-22

This might help :waving:
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.