Anybody agree that Daniel 8:11 is about the WT org?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Kosonen

Anybody agree that Daniel 8:11 is about the WT org?

#1 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

The scripture says: from him the constant feature was taken away, and the established place of his sanctuary was thrown down..

What do you think, is "the established place of his sanctuary" the WT organization?

Kerry Huish

Re: Anybody agree that Daniel 8:11 is about the WT org?

#2 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Kosonen wrote:
1 month ago
The scripture says: from him the constant feature was taken away, and the established place of his sanctuary was thrown down..

What do you think, is "the established place of his sanctuary" the WT organization?
I believe this scripture (Dan 8:11) refers to Jesus, while he was on earth and particularly in relation to his death.
From the time he was anointed with holy spirit, his body was a temple, that was far greater than the copy that existed in Jerusalem.

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.” 20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

Hebrews 8:5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

More info here: -

viewtopic.php?p=47483#p47483

Kind Regards

Kerry

Marina

#3 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

Don't know - but am seeing stuff talking about Esau and how the 'Jews' today are of Esau, not Jacob.

Whether or not that is so... NOTE... JACOB.

(Isaiah 43:1) . . .And now this is what Jehovah has said, your Creator, O Jacob, and your Former, O Israel: “Do not be afraid, for I have repurchased you. I have called [you] by your name. You are mine.

Jacob and his house were Jehovah's Witnesses. It is of this house that Jesus Christ came forth as the Messiah foretold in by the prophet Daniel.

So let's say that historically there has been an issue with the meaning of the word 'Jew'. That appears to be true from things I have read and discussed.

Then someone comes up with the idea to use the term 'Jehovah's Witness' as an identifier of both the house of Jacob and Christians. This is a very clever use of the phrase. It eliminates Esau.

So a publishing company called Watchtower, selects this phrase and establishes a following. The readers of the Watchtower are encouraged to identify as 'Jehovah's Witnesses'. Ie being of the household of Jacob. But the publishing company takes for itself the role of Jesus Christ and says it, not Jesus is what the readers should take note of. Then craftily the publishing company misinforms people with a view to bringing reproach on the identity 'Jehovah's Witnesses'.

But the publishing company was never the house of Jacob and it was never Christian. It just disguised itself as such.

(Matthew 24:4-5) . . .And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. . .
Marina

Kosonen

#4 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

Hi Kerry,
I can't see that "the place of his sanctuary" refers to Jesus.

Daniel 8: 10 It grew so great that it reached all the way to the army of the heavens, and it caused some of the army and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and it trampled them down. 11 It exalted itself even against the Prince of the army, and from him the constant feature was taken away, and the established place of his sanctuary was thrown down.

Instead the "Prince of the army" must be Jesus. And we know that Jesus is the head of the body, the congregation. So the congregation is the WT organization, the place of the sanctuary.

Kosonen

#5 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

Hi Marina, thanks for your view point. You say that the WT organization are fake Christians.
But is not the WT organization anyway better than all other "Christian" religious organizations?

Kerry Huish

#6 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

The sanctuary is the temple, which Jesus became when anointed with spirit from 29 CE on.

Hebrews 8:5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

Kind Regards

Kerry

Kosonen

#7 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

Hi Kerry, but the context is clear that in this instance it does not speak about Jesus in that way.

Kerry Huish

#8 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Kosonen wrote:
1 month ago
Hi Kerry, but the context is clear that in this instance it does not speak about Jesus in that way.
What do you mean?

Dan 8:9 Yea, he [ROME] magnified himself even to the prince of the host, [JESUS] and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary [SPIRIT ANOINTED BODY] was cast down.

Jesus was both the Prince of the Army or the Prince of Princes and also an established place of Sanctuary or the 'true tent' from 29 CE once spirit anointed.

This further ties in with the 'in depth' Daniel 11 and the 70 week prophecy where the Messiah would cause gift offering and sacrifice cease, being cut off with nothing for himself.

Dan 9:26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

As I said, this is what I believe.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Kosonen

#9 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

Kerry, I mean this episode applies only to the end time persecution, to some final 2300 days of this system of things.

Kerry Huish

#10 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Kosonen wrote:
1 month ago
Kerry, I mean this episode applies only to the end time persecution, to some final 2300 days of this system of things.
Unless the 2300 is meant as day for a year prophecy that started from the time Jesus was killed.

Kind Regards

Kerry