“A wild beast with ten horns and seven heads.”—Revelation 13:1.

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: “A wild beast with ten horns and seven heads.”—Revelation 13:1.

#31 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Hi Sol,

You said:
I don't mean to suggest that you have actually or even deliberately misquoted me here Bobcat. Nevertheless I would never word things in exactly this manner. This is because it might only tend to add to the abundance of confusion that already exists on the subject.

I don't see where I quoted or misquoted you at all. I gave my opinion. And I accepted that my opinion is at times wrong and/or is changeable. And wording things 'differently than you would word them' is not the same as "misquoting." (In fact, look at your quote above. You aren't actually saying that I misquoted you. You are only saying that you would phrase things differently than I did.)

On the other hand, I am also of the opinion that the way you write lends itself to misquoting. You never answer a point with a succinct and to-the-point answer. (In fact, at times you seem to resist giving a straightforward answer when others plead with you to do so.) In the case of this thread, you have yet to give a straightforward statement about your view of the sea beast of Rev 13. You go off into 'time-frames' and broken covenants and paragraph after paragraph of stuff, but you never get to the point. That style lends itself to not trusting you and to thinking that you are horribly misguided.

So Sol, here is your chance to start to set me straight: Do you see a relationship between the 10 horned sea beast of Rev 13:1-2 and the 10 tribe kingdom of Israel? Don't worry about the details or whether its literal or symbolic. I'm just looking for a yes or no answer at this point.

Bobcat

Get out of her

#32 Post by Get out of her » 2 weeks ago

First of all I hope you can forgive my confusion here Bobcat. You come across as rather angry and defensive over something you at the same time concede I never said or did. Nevertheless I'll as always do my best to address your message to me.

Bobcat wrote:
On the other hand, I am also of the opinion that the way you write lends itself to misquoting. You never answer a point with a succinct and to-the-point answer. (In fact, at times you seem to resist giving a straightforward answer when others plead with you to do so.) In the case of this thread, you have yet to give a straightforward statement about your view of the sea beast of Rev 13. You go off into 'time-frames' and broken covenants and paragraph after paragraph of stuff, but you never get to the point. That style lends itself to not trusting you and to thinking that you are horribly misguided.

So Sol, here is your chance to start to set me straight: Do you see a relationship between the 10 horned sea beast of Rev 13:1-2 and the 10 tribe kingdom of Israel? Don't worry about the details or whether its literal or symbolic. I'm just looking for a yes or no answer at this point.
With all due love and respect my dear brother, I have already addressed this issue and even in relative scriptural depth on more than one occasion. This is because what mere sinful and imperfect humans have to say on spiritual things is altogether meaningless or even worse. The only thing of any consequence is what the AUTHOR of the Bible has to say on such matters. Once again the scriptures point out that we do not even have the AUTHORITY to interpret the holy writings. (2 Pe 1:20) (Ge 40:8) Moreover as I just demonstrated yet again with the scriptures I cited in my last post, there is NO NEED for any such thing on our part the moment we truly begin "actually paying attention" even to ALL of God's word, which would of course involve also prayerfully examining and comparing its REFERENCE scriptures. (Isa 48:18) If we personally do not appreciate/grasp or even ACCEPT what Jehovah has to say on things, I'm afraid we will need to take that up with him.

Nevertheless if it is simply a yes or no answer you are seeking in this case, I would begin by saying the following:

"I also will ask you one thing. If you tell it to me I also will tell you"….if I see a relationship between the 10 horned beast of Revelation 13:1, 2 and the 10 tribe kingdom of Israel. (Mt 21:24)

Since Jehovah makes it quite clear that his true prophets would exist on the earth also during OUR time period, particularly in view of the examples set by them in accounts like Matthew 13:1-15, 34, if or when we might actually encounter one would we truly have any reason to NOT find them ministering and teaching in PRECISELY the manner you just described in your above quote? (Am 3:7) (Mt 24:37-39)

I will await your reply.

Once again with nothing but love and respect;
Sol

Bobcat

#33 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

I will await your reply.

I don't need to reply. You have already answered my question. You answered it in exactly the way that I said you always answer everybody's requests for a straight-forward answer, that is, you simply refuse to, or you obfuscate. You use any tactic that helps you aviod directly answering a question. You hide behind the confusion you create by the seemingly endless arguments you use. (See my post # 31 above, the 2nd paragraph of my reply.) And you've done this here for several years now. And recently you've subtly let it be known that you are seeking disciples for yourself. (Mt 24:23-26) This is why I don't trust you Sol.

In that respect, to me you are little different from soothsayers, whose mysterious answers only lead to more questions and confusion. (Isa 8:19)

Bobcat

AmosAU

#34 Post by AmosAU » 2 weeks ago

Hi Bobcat,

Very well said, brother.

Regards, Amos

Harpo

#35 Post by Harpo » 2 weeks ago

I've read several replies on this thread. A few comments...

If the heads were all on one head, I believe that would have been a significant enough of a difference that John would have documented it that way.

People seem to think that the Revelation 13 beast is the same as the Revelation 17 beast. I see no logical reason for John to repeat the same prophecy with two different beast. Also, the heads and horns are NOT historical, they are contemporary. All of them exist on earth at the same time - in the last days. I've never accepted the historical progression of empires. Also, Daniel 2 and 7 are not repeat prophecies.

Get out of her

#36 Post by Get out of her » 2 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
And recently you've subtly let it be known that you are seeking disciples for yourself. (Mt 24:23-26) This is why I don't trust you Sol.
Not so subtly I would argue, and in fact not so recently. Rather openly I would contend, and basically right from the start. Moreover the confusion being demonstrated in connection with the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:23-36 on the part of someone I personally recognize as anointed and very well intentioned is a perfect example of the reasons I always feel very motivated to teach my dear brothers and sisters.

Bear in mind first of all that Jesus himself in this very same account you cited prophesied of future times in which divinely "APPOINTED" ministers of Jehovah would be tasked with doing exactly that in connection with his "domestics" or "brothers." (Mt 24:45 25:40) (Re 11:3) This would required in the foretold time frames in which an "apostasy" on the part of Jehovah's appointed theocratic shepherds (identified specifically as a broken "holy covenant") would serve as a kind of "thief in the night" that would in effect steal the "CONTINUAL sacrifice" or Christ right out from Jehovah's earthly temple and by extension its corresponding salvation, leaving even the anointed ones qualifying now as completely devastated spiritual "widows" and "virgins." (Mt 24:15, 16, 43, 44 25:1, 2) (Da 11:30-32) (Ga 4:27) (Isa 54:1-4) Compare (1 Cor 3:16, 17)

When even the anointed ones generally speaking have found themselves in a situation in which THEY THEMSELVES are in desperate need of being spiritually "clothed" and "fed" by these "prophets" or "two witnesses" the Apostle John also foretells in Revelation 11:3, 7, 11, 12, do we imagine for even one moment they are in a position to preach the good news of "Jehovah's salvation" (the exact definition of the name Jesus) to people "OUT OF all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues…"? (Re 7:9, 10)

It is extremely important for the anointed in these time frames to understand that the "holy covenant" is what ALWAYS qualifies them as spiritual Jews or otherwise as true Christian ministers IN THE FIRST PLACE. In other words, it qualifies them as the earthly "camp" of God's NATION or KINGDOM. (Song 6:13) It is precisely for this reason that the "LEAVING of the holy covenant" and its corresponding FORFEITURE of divine authority and power on the earth now requires this figurative "man of noble birth" to "appoint slaves" to CARE for his "domestics" while he once again "travels abroad TO SECURE kingly power for himself" on the earth. (Da 11:30) (Lu 19:12) This is simply another symbolic representation of the Christ or "continual sacrifice" being "removed" from the earthly portion of Jehovah's "sanctuary" by these foretold "apostasies" and being replaced with a "disgusting thing" that the Apostle John later identifies also as a REPLACEMENT anointing or "ANTI-Christ." (Da 11:31) (1 Joh 2:18) (Strong's #473 #5547) Just as prophesied rather explicitly by the Apostle John at the end of the first century at the very same time that yet another arrival of this "antichrist" was announced, the theft of this Christ in Jehovah's temple is the theft of its corresponding SALVATION. (Re 13:8)

In other words Bobcat, this is more specifically the covering or "CLOTHING" that Jesus is speaking of here in Matthew 25:36 as opposed to merely the spiritual feeding and watering. The figurative theft of Jesus in Jehovah's earthly "sanctuary" or otherwise the causing of him to "travel abroad" with the objective of once again "ARRIVING" or "COMING" in kingly power in turn means that until he DOES SO, none of us are experiencing the COVERING atonement of his earthly sacrifice. This in turn is precisely why we find the Apostle John foretelling future occasions when this very same priestly service of Jehovah's prophets of once again ministering, being put to death, and subsequently being called to heaven being REPEATED by "two witnesses" also on FUTURE occasions. (Re 11:3, 7, 10, 11) If the ones who "believe" in Jesus would ALWAYS be experiencing this spiritual "clothing" or salvation of Jehovah from 33 CE forward, why would the Apostle John and for that matter Jesus HIMSELF be foretelling FUTURE times in which it would suddenly become so necessary? (Re 7:10) (13:8) As the Apostle Paul explicitly pointed out in 2 Thessalonians, a "parousia" or "coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" is not necessary unless an "APOSTASY" HAS MADE IT SUCH. (2 Th 2:1-4) "New Jerusalem COMES DOWN" or is otherwise restored to the earth because true Christianity and its commensurate Jesus/salvation or "continual sacrifice" has "BEEN REMOVED" and a very "disgusting" COUNTERFEIT anointing or "Christ" has been "PUT IN PLACE" of it. (Re 21:2) (Da 11:31)

You see the "APPOINTING" of "slaves" that Jesus is foretelling for future times here in Matthew 24 and 25 is actually a symbolic reference to the INITIAL PHASE of a "coming of God's kingdom" that he himself identifies as "not coming with striking observableness." (Lu 17:20, 21) He is speaking of the times of the arrival of Jehovah's prophets or "appointed slaves" to perform exactly the ministry that he and John the Baptist ("two witnesses") were performing yet again at that very moment for the FIFTH of the "SEVEN times" it was foretold to occur in the "appointed times of the nations" or foretold period of "captivity and exile" ALONE. (Lu 21:24) (Jer 1:3) On this FINAL foretold occasion in OUR time which would involve an "EIGHTH king," we actually have good reason to recognize that there would initially be only ONE prophet of Jehovah for this ministry directed at the gathering of what was represented as the HUMANS into the figurative "ark" as opposed to what was subsequently represented by the animals. (The theocratic shepherds as opposed to their flock's) (Zec 11:14-17) This is not merely for the reason that this period of time would unfold AFTER the "seven times" or "appointed times of the nations" in which "two witnesses" would always be part and parcel, but also because Jesus associated this somewhat unique "day of Jehovah" specifically with the ministry of the ancient NOAH. (Mt 24:21, 37-39)

Nevertheless in stark contrast with the notion of gathering together even many MILLIONS of repentant ones or otherwise a "great crowd" of "OTHER sheep" which would NOT be pictured with the "seven others" that would ultimately join Noah in entering the "ark," and correspondingly would NOT involve a ministry that would very much appear as "carefully concealed sacred secrets" to all but a "few" of the anointed that Jehovah would ultimately come to recognize as more "faithful and discreet," what we are always dealing with in these time periods is a very exclusive ministry directed ONLY towards what would now qualify as "LOST sheep of the HOUSE of Israel." (2 Pe 2:5) (Col 2:3) (Mt 10:5, 6 13:11) We need to understand that terms such as "those in Judea" or those of the "HOUSE/TEMPLE/SANCTUARY of Israel" is specifically a symbolic reference to the spirit anointed ones, whether they be deemed as "foolish" or "discreet" in these time periods. (Mt 24:15, 16 25:12) Just as demonstrated for us also in the time period of John the Baptist and Jesus, the more "discreet" among them at some point became "DISCIPLES" of Jehovah's prophets. Once they came to be RECOGNIZED as such by Jehovah's appointed slaves, the teachings that initially seemed (as you say) not so "straight forward" or perhaps even "mysterious" were then explained very openly and simply to them "IN PRIVATE." (Mr 4:34) But something that is likely even much MORE important would always coincide with this moment in which these "few" would finally begin to actually and truly "LISTEN" to Jehovah's prophets in these time frames. (Hag 1:12) (Mt 22:14) What was this?

Well just as occurred with the SECOND of the "seven times" in which foreign "kings" would be included among Jehovah's "anointed shepherds," the anointed ones who had in effect "deposited" their figurative "silver monies" (themselves and their anointing) at the feet of Jehovah's prophets (Haggai and Zechariah holding the role of the "two witnesses" on this occasion) by actually "LISTENING" and paying heed to what they had to say, experienced a kind of "INTEREST" on this deposit. (Mt 25:27) (Isa 44:28 45:1) Jehovah suddenly now came to be "WITH THEM" in the same manner that he was ALREADY with his "APPOINTED slaves." (Hag 1:13) Just as demonstrated for us also in the early part of the first century, this figurative "interest" proved to be comprised of an ADDITIONAL anointing that was designed to authorize, empower and equip these ones to actually JOIN with the prophets in the very same ministry to "Christ's brothers" or "lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Mr 3:13, 14) (Ro 15:4)

This is precisely what Jesus is speaking of in accounts like Matthew 25:31-40 and it is extremely important the anointed understand that this is the ONLY way that is EVER held out to them to engage in the ministry that will ALLOW Jesus to recognize them as having actually "fed," "clothed" and cared for his "domestics" or "brothers" at the time of a SECONDARY phase of his "coming" or "arrival." This secondary phase can BY NO MEANS be described as the very humiliated and lowly one that would be associated with "no striking observableness." (Lu 17:20, 21) (Isa 53) (Mt 3:1-4) As we can discern by the setting and context found here in Matthew 25, this is the phase of the "coming" in which this figurative "man of noble birth" has once again "SECURED kingly power for himself" (as always by means of another renewed and inaugurated kingdom covenant) and is in a position to REWARD the slaves of his who shared in actually ASSISTING his prophets in ministering to his "brothers" who had once again found themselves completely devastated by the effects of yet another national apostasy. (Mt 25: 31-40) (Lu 22:28, 29) (He 9:16-18) This by contrast is a setting in which even the "APPOINTED slaves" would find themselves in a very "lonely, isolated, wilderness" condition in which they are continually receiving opposition, mockings and ridicule even from their own anointed brothers and sisters who they are endeavoring to sacrifice their very lives for. (Mt 3:1-4 24:45) (Mr 1:45)

Yes, a VERY significant and sudden change in the setting and context is what we are considering here. Among other things this marks the precise moment in which the "ministry to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" that occurs in a kind of "lonely" and oppressive "wilderness" setting suddenly consists of one to "people of ALL THE NATIONS." (Mt 28:18-20) As opposed to "coming with no striking observableness" or a ministry associated even with humiliation and shame, this phase of the "parousia" is associated with things like a "GREAT TRUMPET SOUND," "LIGHTNING that comes out of eastern parts and shines over western parts," great power and even "GLORY" in connection with its appointed shepherds. (Mt 24:27, 31 25:31) The "GREAT" flocks of "OTHER sheep" (as opposed to the "LITTLE flock which the father has approved of giving the kingdom") is gathered to the safety and salvation of the figurative "ark" (which at this point actually once again EXISTS) with a VERY DIFFERENT kind of ministry than the one that would immediately precede it. As the ancient Daniel said, its ministers would "shine like the brightness of the expanse, and those who are bringing the MANY to righteousness like the stars to time indefinite." (Da 12:3) (Joh 10:16) (Lu 12:32) The apostle Paul helps us to understand that particularly in the case of this "LAST trumpet," this would be for the reason that ALL these ministers would be comprised of "incorruptible and immortal" spirit beings in this case. (1 Cor 15:51-53)

With these things in mind Bobcat, I would encourage you to now take a closer look at the scripture you cited there in Matthew 24:23-26, and while doing so pay closer attention this time to the SETTING being considered. As opposed to a ministry to merely the "lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL," you might notice it is actually identified as the one that always causes "ALL THE TRIBES OF THE EARTH to beat themselves in lamentation" as they are compelled to recognize things like the fact that they had long been actually dealing with a "disgusting" COUNTERFEIT Christ and by extension "sacrificing to DEMONS" or otherwise (as Jesus worded it) "worshiping what they DID NOT KNOW." (Mt 24:30-31) (1 Cor 10:20) (Joh 4:22) In THIS setting which we are NOT currently experiencing, the "Christ" being spoken of here in verses 23-26 would most definitely NOT be found in an "isolated/humiliated" "wilderness" setting or a hidden "inner chamber" one. Any claims to the contrary would consist of a bold faced lie designed by Jehovah's enemies to deceive as many people as possible away from the salvation of Jesus Christ that is once again being held out to them very OPENLY and "PUBLICLY," with TREMENDOUS power and authority just as demonstrated for us also in the years between 33 and 98 CE before yet another arrival of the "antichrist." (1 Joh 2:18) (Ac 13:2 18:28) (Mt 28:18-20) Theocratically appointed shepherds in this setting would not even be EXPERIENCING the "hour of test that is coming upon the whole inhabited earth," as they would actually be among the "heavenly kings and priests" that are RENDERING OUT the judgments of Jehovah, whether good or bad. (Re 3:10 5:10)

Agape love;
Sol

Bobcat

#37 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

Hi Sol,
Not so subtly I would argue, and in fact not so recently.
I guess I'm just slow to catch on. But frankly, I think your voluminous writing style, and your unwillingness to be to-the-point are your own biggest obstacle. That's my opinion, anyways.

Bobcat

Get out of her

#38 Post by Get out of her » 2 weeks ago

Harpo wrote:
People seem to think that the Revelation 13 beast is the same as the Revelation 17 beast. I see no logical reason for John to repeat the same prophecy with two different beast.
First of all a very warm welcome to you Harpo, and I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we always greatly appreciate having people who are willing not only to simply read and consider the scriptural material being considered in these discussions, but also to actively participate in them. This is not to imply that we do not also appreciate the ones who choose to simply read the posts. With regard to your above comments I would point out the following:

First of all I'd have to insist that the scriptures support your position that there are indeed key distinctions being represented between the "wild beast" of Revelation 13 and the subsequent one found in Chapter 17. In fact basic logic would dictate that such would be the case with ALL the "wild beasts" being portrayed in the scriptures, whether they be the ones covered by John at the end of the first century or those of the prophet Daniel 5 or 6 centuries earlier. (Rom 12:1) Just as you rightly contend, If all these beasts are intended to symbolically represent the EXACT same thing or for that matter also even at the exact same TIME (I would add), then just as you suggest there would seem "no logical reason" for God to subsequently present somewhat DIFFERENT "wild beasts" for us to prayerfully ponder in these prophetic symbolisms. However it is largely because I am compelled to AGREE with your initial statement here that I see a rather glaring contradiction in your FOLLOW-UP ones.
Also, the heads and horns are NOT historical, they are contemporary. All of them exist on earth at the same time - in the last days. I've never accepted the historical progression of empires. Also, Daniel 2 and 7 are not repeat prophecies.
Respectfully, the first thing I would ask you is what exactly are you presenting as your point of authority? This is of course a BIBLE forum that we are all engaged with here which is precisely why this particular topic is taken from it. So since the Holy Scriptures clearly point to a historic progression also being involved with these "wild beasts" BOTH in the prophesies of Daniel AS WELL as those of the Apostle John, then as opposed to simply stating the contrary, could you please at least go so far as ATTEMPTING to present compelling evidence for your differing position on it? (Da 2:36-44) (Re 17:10)

In the setting of the end of the first century, the Apostle John in Revelation 17:10 ALONE makes it exceedingly clear that AMONG what is being pictured in these symbolisms with the "seven heads" of the "wild beast" are events involving "kings" that not only were unfolding the very moment he was penning this symbolic spiritual language, but also ultimately during a time frame that would extend both BEFORE as well as AFTER this period. At ANY given point in time, there could of course ONLY be ONE earthly kingdom that could be recognized as among the march of WORLD POWERS that are ultimately being pictured here as opposed to merely kings or even nations. But even if we were to take the LATTER position on this, at least TWO if not THREE of the nations being considered here in Revelation 17 did not exist AT ALL even by the time that John was writing these words, let alone in OUR day. These facts alone would preclude the idea that (as you say) –"all of them exist on the earth at the same time - in the last days." Let's not forget that some of these world powers were even specifically identified BY NAME in the holy writings! (Da 2:36 5:27-31 8:20, 21) This is the case even if one of them was identified only in a FULFILLMENT of its prophesies. (Joh 19:15)

Once again a warm welcome to you Harpo.

Agape love;
Sol

Sevenz

#39 Post by Sevenz » 1 week ago

Hello Bobcat,

I apologize for being so long in getting back with you, I don't think I've encountered so many things needing attention in my whole life.

You said:
I was curious about where you would place the Two-Horned Lamb (aka False Prophet - Compare Rev 19:20 with Rev 13:12, 14)? Or maybe you don't understand the Two-Horned Lamb/False Prophet to be governmental in nature?”
Here is my brief answer first.
Yes, I do indeed understand the Two-Horned Lamb/False Prophet to be governmental in nature. Its two horns represent two governments. This beast will come into the picture soon after the (presently reigning) 10-horned 7th head of the Sea Beast has come back to life from the (yet future) mortal wound (aka “sword-stroke”) that it will suffer. The 10 horns represent ALL existing governments. Ten (10) is a number that represents the aggregate—the sum of all that exists of something. The death of the 7th head will result from the 10 horns waging war against one another in fulfillment of Jesus’ prophetic words at Matthew 24:3-7 and its parallel at Revelation 6:1-8. CAUTION: Be aware that the word “earthquakes” (at Matthew 24:7) is a common mistranslation of the Greek word “seismos”. The correct rendering of the word would be “shakings”. Out of the multitude of translations that exist, I have found that only ONE of them has rendered the word correctly. Its name is “Smith’s Literal Translation,” and it says:
For nation shall be raised up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be famines, and plagues, and shakings in places.
Jesus was NOT saying that the ground would shake! What he meant is that the wars, famines, and diseases would be so terrifically devastating that the whole world’s system of operation would be shaken to the point of collapse. We know for certain that it will collapse because the beast is said to experience a death-dealing “mortal” wound. Thus, every government will crash—a dead 10-horned 7th head can mean nothing less than the collapse of all the governments it represents.

I will be back with my more detailed answer later.

Sevenz

Sevenz

#40 Post by Sevenz » 1 week ago

Hello again Bobcat,

Here is my more detailed answer.

In addition to what I have said above, I will say the following.

My studies have led me to understand that a symbolic beast stands for (or pictures) a political entity that has the status of *World Domination* aka *World Authority* aka *World Rule*. (See Daniel chapters 7 and 8 for six examples.) If the beast in an illustration is the type that has horns, the horns show that such great authority is administered by more than one entity. Take for example the 2-horned Ram described in Daniel chapter 8. The two horns (one higher than the other) represented a pair of kingdoms that jointly wielded World Authority. This World-Dominating Ram proved to be the Medo-Persian Empire, initially ruled by Cyrus the Persian and Darius the Mede. Historically, Persia represented the “higher” horn since it was the dominant power of the Medo-Persian Empire.

Consistently the ten horns that sit atop the 7th head of the Sea Beast depict kingdoms (or governments) that jointly wield World Authority. Likewise, the ten horns that the Dragon has atop its 7th head depict kingdoms (or governments) that wield World Authority. The kingdoms (or governments) represented by the ten horns are identically the same for the Sea Beast, the Scarlet-colored Beast, and the Dragon. In fact, these exact same kingdoms (or governments) are represented by the 10 horns that arise out of the head of the Fourth Beast described at Daniel 7:24. And they are also represented by the 10 toes of the Colossal Statue described at Daniel 2:41, 42.

To understand “WHERE” the Two-Horned Lamb (aka False Prophet) fits into the picture it is necessary to first understand the sequence of events that will lead up to its arrival.

Here is the “sequence of events” commencing with the 10-horned 7th head aka the 7th “king”:
►At some point in time during the reign of the presently reigning 7th “king” Satan (the Dragon) and his angels will be evicted from heaven and confined to the earth. (Matthew 24:36; Revelation 12:7-9)
►Satan knows all too well what the Bible says his fate will be. Losing the battle with Michael—exactly as God’s word predicted—will leave him extremely upset and anxious because the Bible also says he will then have only “a short period of time” before being imprisoned for a thousand years and then destroyed “a little while” afterwards.—Revelation 12:12; 20:1-3, 10.
►Revelation 12:17 describes Satan’s strategy for trying thwart God’s plan and to save himself:
So the dragon became enraged at the woman and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her offspring, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.
►The “remaining ones of her offspring” refers to the ones who are being chosen to rule with Jesus during the 1,000 years. When completed their number will literally be 144,000. Satan will know that not all the 144,000 have been found yet, and he knows that “the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus” is the WAY that such ones are found. Satan will “wage war” against these ones with the objective of preventing the last ones of the 144,000 from being found. He will proceed with his plan by creating strife among the “ten horns” (all existing nations); and in doing so he will be instigating the very international wars that Jesus foretold at Matthew 24:7 and Revelation 6:4. These wars, along with the accompanying food shortages and diseases, will ‘shake' the nations so intensely that they all will literally collapse. Without a doubt, this collapse of ALL governments is what is portrayed by the “sword-stroke” (aka “death-stroke” & “fatally wounded”) that the 7th head of the Sea Beast is said to experience!—Revelation 13:3, 14.
► Imagine ALL of the world’s governments being engaged in war! Imagine diseases running rampant around the globe! Imagine grocery stores all over the world having little or no food! Imagine the hatred and persecution that will inevitably be heaped upon politically neutral Christians due to them being “no part of the world”! (John 17:14) Imagine a world with no law and order! Just imagine living during the level of chaos pictured here!
► And then the beast comes back to life. Revelation 13:3 informs us that the beast’s “mortal wound had been healed”. This means that the governments will become operational again. So, in answer to your question, this is “WHERE” the Two-Horned Lamb (aka False Prophet) enters the picture.
► The question bearing down on the troubled minds of governing officials around the world at that time will be: “What must be done in order to ensure that such a catastrophe will never happen again?” To find the solution, two nations are selected and vested with “all the authority of the first wild beast”. Thus, the Two-Horned Lamb (aka False Prophet) is given World Authority.—Revelation 13:12.
►After much deliberation the Two-Horned Lamb (aka False Prophet) reaches a decision. Its recommendation is that in order to secure a peaceful and secure world, a unifying one-world government must be created to replace the present divisive system in which each government is a sovereign state. (Revelation 13:14) Having a one-world government would require all of the world’s governments to relinquish their own sovereignty and forever thereafter recognize the one-world government as being sovereign over all nations.
► The Two-Horned Lamb (aka False Prophet) is then “permitted” (authorized) to “give breath to” (inaugurate) a one-world government. The one-world government will then demand allegiance from every single person, requiring them to acknowledge it as being the supreme sovereign or else suffer the penalty of death by not being allowed to “buy or sell”—which means they will not be permitted to purchase food. (Revelation 13:15-17) Given the fact that faithful Christians take the position that Jehovah God is the one and only “supreme” sovereign, they will face being starved to death--which is exactly what Satan wants! Without divine intervention they are sure to die of starvation.
►With the lives of all faithful Christians hanging in the balance, this is when Michael (Jesus) will “stand up” in their behalf. (Daniel 12:1) It is here, at Armageddon, that the one-world government and all the rest of man’s governments will meet their end, never to be seen again.

Please feel free to critique what I have said.

Sevenz