“A wild beast with ten horns and seven heads.”—Revelation 13:1.

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: “A wild beast with ten horns and seven heads.”—Revelation 13:1.

#11 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Sevenz wrote:
1 month ago
I agree that each of the 7 heads has the same name written on them. But do you know what that "name" is?
Well, my name is Stranger and I read the Bible with advantage,
I never back down and I love a good challenge.
What I do now is what I did then,
I like to get down with those that comprehend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHu9FJoX7V4

Stranger, (Isa 41:10)

Get out of her

#12 Post by Get out of her » 1 month ago

Hello Sevenz:

As Bobcat correctly pointed out, the scriptures never reveal any specific arrangement of the "ten horns" on the "wild beast" spoken of at Revelation 13:1, 2. This is in fact the case with ALL THREE of the "wild beasts" in scriptural prophecy that are identified with these same "ten horns." (Da 7:7) (Re 13:1, 2 17:3) In the case of the "FOURTH wild beast" covered in the book of Daniel which this same prophet (by inference) reveals would point ultimately to ALL the foretold manifestations of the Roman world power, obviously this would place ALL TEN of these horns atop a SINGLE "head" consecutively or otherwise a single head AT A TIME of the "seven mountains" or "seven" consecutive foreign "kings" foretold for the span of time identified as the "appointed times of the nations." (Re 17:9, 10) (Lu 21:24) (Da 7:8) This information is in fact AMONG the things that should begin helping us to associate this "fourth beast" of Daniel 7 AS WELL as its "ten horns" AT THE VERY LEAST with what would ULTIMATELY prove to be FIVE of "EIGHT" consecutive "kings" foretold to be connected with these prophecies. (Re 17:11) The "eighth king" is distinguished from the initial "seven" here due to the fact that both its rise and subsequent destruction would unfold AFTER this foretold period of foreign exile and captivity of God's people.

I'd have to insist nevertheless that if we were to begin directing our prayerful attention to the things about these "ten horns" that the scriptures DO reveal (particularly in its reference accounts), we would begin to appreciate that the issue of any particular distribution of these horns pictured in Revelation 13:1, 2 is really not among the things we should be concerning ourselves with in this case. I hope this doesn't come across as rude or overly blunt as it is certainly not intended to.

In other words, particularly in view of the fact that the Apostle John is actually AMONG the prophets who confirmed that what we are continually considering in the scriptures is being presented in "SIGNS" or what is also referred to with terms like "illustrations" or "typical representations" which would include even "prophetic" illustrative "DRAMAS," I'll insist that what we want to focus on here in the case of these "ten horns" is the same thing that we would with any and ALL of the features being ascribed to these symbolic representations. (Re 1:1) (He 8:5) (Ga 4:24) (Mt 13:34) This is namely what in particular is being REPRESENTED by this particular symbolic spiritual language? I can assure you in advance that AMONG the things that will be revealed by successfully uncovering these symbolic meanings will be the answer to why any particular distribution of these "ten horns" spoken of in these prophesies is never specified in the scriptures.

In view of these things I hope you don't mind if I respectfully suggest we change the question here instead to—what exactly is being SYMBOLIZED by these "ten horns" in the first place, and even more specifically what is being represented by their PLACEMENT atop these "wild beasts." I have in fact covered this information before at least once or twice over the last few years actually. Would anyone care to address THESE questions?

Agape love;
Sol

Bobcat

#13 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Sol and anyone else interested in this thread,
In view of these things I hope you don't mind if I respectfully suggest we change the question here instead to—what exactly is being SYMBOLIZED by these "ten horns" in the first place, and even more specifically what is being represented by their PLACEMENT atop these "wild beasts." I have in fact covered this information before at least once or twice over the last few years actually.
I'm of the opinion that you (that is, Sol) are on an incorrect path regarding the "ten horns" of Revelation and your linking them to the ten tribe kingdom of Israel (even if in a symbolic way). But, of course, my opinion is not always right, and is also subject to change.

Having said that, and for the benefit of anyone interested in this thread and in your proposal to change the focus of it, here is a listing of every post where Sol has mentioned "ten" and "horns." (Actually, it will list every post where "ten" and "horn*" is used. Thus, "horn" or "horns" or "horned" will be included in the listing.) This will allow anyone the opportunity to explore Sol's view of this subject.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#14 Post by Bobcat » 4 weeks ago

Just a note on my post just above: I adjusted the search link so that the resulting list is more complete. There is a note on the adjustment just after the link in my post above (which is post # 13 in this thread).

Bobcat

Get out of her

#15 Post by Get out of her » 4 weeks ago

Thank you Bobcat for your assistance with that. I genuinely do appreciate it irregardless of your personal views on the subject.

Agape love;
Sol

Bobcat

#16 Post by Bobcat » 4 weeks ago

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Bobcat

Sevenz

#17 Post by Sevenz » 4 weeks ago

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with sevenz. -- Bobcat
Hi again Bob and the rest of you folks,

Here are some of the things I have personally come to understand, and that I would like to share with you.

I hope that at least some of it lines up with your own understanding:

►There is perfect harmony among the accounts found in Daniel chapters 2, 7, 11 and Revelation chapters12, 13, 17.

►The 7 HEADS of the dragon, the sea beast, and the scarlet-colored beast as described in Revelation chapters 12, 13 and 17 represent 7 administrations that have held sway over mankind. These include the following:
1. Egypt
2. Assyria
3. Babylon
4. Medo-Persia
5. Greece
6. Rome
7. Today’s governments, all of them.

►The 4 BEASTS described in Daniel chapter 7 represent 4 administrations that have held sway over mankind. These include the following:
1. Babylon (Lion)
2. Medo-Persia (Bear)
3. Greece (Leopard)
4. Rome (the type of animal is not disclosed, but there is overwhelming evidence that it was a Rhinoceros)

►The 10 HORNS on the 4th beast represent all the governments that began to rule after the fall of Rome, including all of today’s governments. Ten is a number denoting fullness, entirety, the aggregate, the sum of all that exists of something (which in this case happens to be governments).

►The last horn to arise on the 4th beast (which some like to refer to as the “eleventh” horn) corresponds to the scarlet-colored beast in Revelation chapter 17 and represents an upcoming one-world government that promises peace and security. It will be a centralized form of government whereby every government the world over will be required to relinquish their sovereignties in submission to it. The figurative “three” horns that it will uproot while in the process of coming into power represent a minority of governments who refuse to get on board with the wishes of the majority who want a one-world government. The outcome will be that the majority will have it their way and the opposing nations will be toppled.

►In Revelation chapter 17 we see pictured the upcoming one-world government in all its glory. It has 7 heads, and it has 10 horns that are all positioned atop its 7th head. It’s a mirror-image of the sea beast in chapter 13 except it is colored scarlet and its horns have no diadems. The reason the 10 horns do not have the diadems that they had in chapter 13 is because the governments they picture have relinquished their sovereignties.

►With reference to the dragon, the sea beast, and the scarlet-colored beast as described in Revelation chapters 12, 13 and 17 respectively, every single one of the 10 horns are rooted in its 7th head. These 10 horns are the exact same 10 horns that arise out of the 4th beast in Daniel chapter 7 and they mean the exact same thing as the 10 toes described in Daniel chapter 2.

Well, I’m completely out of breath. Maybe I can think of more to say later. As for now, I have got to go fix a problem with our *wonderful* Sprinkler System. (Or at least it is “wonderful” when working properly.) I am having to replace a defective solenoid/valve. Probably some of you know how much fun that it can be.

Sevenz (aka Jack of All Trades)

Sevenz

#18 Post by Sevenz » 4 weeks ago

Howdy again, y’all!

For all of you who place trust in the Creator of the universe and the book that He inspired to be written and preserved, here is something else to chew on. And, as always, I invite your input / critque.

Revelation 17:10 says:
And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while.
The so-called “kings” are governments that exercise world jurisdiction. I mentioned them earlier, but I’ll list them again to keep it simple.

1. Egypt
2. Assyria
3. Babylon
4. Medo-Persia
5. Greece
6. Rome
7. Governments that arose after the fall of the Roman Empire, including ALL present-day governments.

So here is what I believe to be an accurate application of Revelation 17:10.

“Five have fallen” = 1) Egypt, 2) Assyria, 3) Babylon, 4) Medo-Persia, 5) Greece
“one is” = the 6th = Rome
“the other has not yet arrived” = the 7th = A composite of ALL governments that have shared in ruling mankind from the time Rome fell in the year 476 C.E., including ALL of today’s governments plus any others that might yet arise before Jesus returns. There are 193 governments that are members of the United Nations.
“but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while.” = This simply means that the rule of the 7th “king” is not permanent. Just like its predecessors (the previous 6), it also will come to an end.

There’s more that I could share with regards to the way I personally understand matters. Such as . . . . . . .

What does Revelation 17:8 mean?
The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss . . . .—Revelation 17:8.
And how does that verse relate to what Revelation 13:3, 14 says?
3 I saw that one of its heads seemed to have been fatally wounded, but its mortal wound had been healed . . . . 14 . . . the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived.—Revelation 13:3, 14.
Please let me know what you think about what I've said up above. And, also, tell me if you want me to elaborate on the two questions I raised.

Sevenz

Marina

#19 Post by Marina » 4 weeks ago

Only able to speculate and what I'm speculating on I have not double checked. This is a quick off the cuff answer.
Sevenz wrote:
4 weeks ago
► “one is” = the 6th = Rome
► “the other has not yet arrived” = the 7th = A composite of ALL governments that have shared in ruling mankind from the time Rome fell in the year 476 C.E., including ALL of today’s governments plus any others that might yet arise before Jesus returns. There are 193 governments that are members of the United Nations.
The union of Rome = the union of the world - UN.

Romans v fed up that Rome fell apart - Verdi, Victor Emmanuel, Garibaldi gave us... Watchtower - ok J P Morgan gave us Watchtower - ok Garibaldi gave us the Carbonari. Mazzini (I think) was in with Garibaldi and Mazzini took the Illuminati to a new level and established Madam Blavatsky as the leader of the religious arm of his operation, Theosophy. It was all to do with wanting Italy unified and all religions unified. So Verdi banged on about the Hebrew slaves. Slaves being liberated got traction for their movement. But it all went wrong somehow with Napoleon III who was compromised by the Carbonari.

Um - something like that - Rome, unity, Italy, Hebrew slaves, Carbonari, Communism - the coming of a new age or order (ie the old idea of the Golden Age when the Greek gods/aka Nephilim and demons were on the earth, pre flood).
Marina

Bobcat

#20 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Hi sevenz,
The so-called “kings” are governments that exercise world jurisdiction. I mentioned them earlier, but I’ll list them again to keep it simple.

1. Egypt
2. Assyria
3. Babylon
4. Medo-Persia
5. Greece
6. Rome
7. Governments that arose after the fall of the Roman Empire, including ALL present-day governments.

So here is what I believe to be an accurate application of Revelation 17:10.

► “Five have fallen” = 1) Egypt, 2) Assyria, 3) Babylon, 4) Medo-Persia, 5) Greece
► “one is” = the 6th = Rome
► “the other has not yet arrived” = the 7th = A composite of ALL governments that have shared in ruling mankind from the time Rome fell in the year 476 C.E., including ALL of today’s governments plus any others that might yet arise before Jesus returns. There are 193 governments that are members of the United Nations.
► “but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while.” = This simply means that the rule of the 7th “king” is not permanent. Just like its predecessors (the previous 6), it also will come to an end.

I appreciate you expressing your viewpoint about this.

I was curious about where you would place the Two-Horned Lamb (aka False Prophet - Compare Rev 19:20 with Rev 13:12, 14)? Or maybe you don't understand the Two-Horned Lamb/False Prophet to be governmental in nature?

Just curious.

Bobcat