Cities of Refuge

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
menrov

Cities of Refuge

#1 Post by menrov » 1 week ago

I guess most of the readers on this forum have heard and read about the so-called cities of refuge. Lately I searched on Google for reference to such cities and the concept outside the bible. I did not find it. I find that strange as multiple cities were involved, it was a legal concept and would therefore be described in various documents. If there is no non-biblical reference of this concept, is this concept becoming an issue of faith and not of facts? Your views appreciated.

Stranger

Re: Cities of Refuge

#2 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

menrov wrote:
1 week ago
it was a legal concept and would therefore be described in various documents. If there is no non-biblical reference of this concept, is this concept becoming an issue of faith and not of facts? Your views appreciated.
Hi Menrov,

You have most likely read this: "sanctuary city" does not have a precise legal definition only policies. Such policies can be set expressly in law (de jure) or observed in practice (de facto). (Heb 6:19 KJV)

What I can tell you is that where I come from, faith always overrides fact.

Stranger (Lu 9:58)

Stranger

Re: Cities of Refuge

#3 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

I played a song once before addressing this topic in a Way. And since I am not going to be searching for the golden egg today (Easter 2021), I'll be tending to the exhaust of my Mercury, before it get's any louder. That's no fun I can assure you, but I wouldn't want to be spotted by the Law unfairly for disturbing the peace.

In case you missed it the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqQv3qef21A

Stranger, (James 1:27 KJV)