Is your Baptism still valid?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Is your Baptism still valid?

#61 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Stranger wrote:
1 month ago
Jehovah tabulates all the financially insignificant contributions toward the ministry that mean so much to Him and He will never cut you short or leave you uninvited to the Table.

Hi Sol,

I know how you like scriptural backing when someone like a brother or a sister makes a statement such as I did above, so I did some digging and found an entire chapter with 5 short verses. (Ps 15:1-5) But I recommend the New World Translation for this "occasional carefully unconcealed spiritual language."

Stranger, (Pr 13:25)

coccus ilicis

#62 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 month ago

[
Stranger wrote:
1 month ago
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
Let's not take this thread off topic by side stepping or water down the serious issue raised in the opening post.
Hi Kerry,

It is a serious issue, and the water is just right for the occasion I have no doubt.
The title of the thread has me thinking that you may be wondering if your baptism was ever valid.
Since I've never been baptized, would I be required to join a church or organization and go through the baptismal procedures just to say I have a valid baptism?
Stranger, (Lu 11:22)
Hello Stranger,

As far as I can tell, you are the first eleventh-hour worker in the vineyard that I have come across, no doubt there are more and there will yet be a great many more, before the end, (Isa 54:3,9).

There are problems with the criteria Kerry lists to gain God’s approval. But Kerry will have to sort those out for him/herself. But let’s examine what Jesus told his eleven disciples/taught ones. He said: ... All authority has been given me in heaven and on earth...(Mt 28:18). What did he mean by that? Well, he had earlier quoted Ps110:1-3 (Mt 22:43) to his detractors, where David says ... The utterance to my Lord is, sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet. The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion [saying] “Go subduing [as at Gen 1:26] in the midst of your enemies. You shall have your volunteers in the day of your power, in the splendour of holiness from the womb of dawn... And Stephen had said that he saw the son of man at God’s right hand (Act 7:56). So at that point in time, he was still waiting on Jehovah to give him the authority to go and subdue his enemies. Therefore when he said ... all authority has been given me in heaven and on earth... he was not referring to that, which would occur after the end of the period called the conclusion of the system of things (Mt 24:3). But he referred to the authority that had been given him to make disciples of all the people of the nations, namely, non-Jews (cf Mt 15:24).

And so he said ...Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have taught you. And look I am with you until the conclusion of the system of things. The conclusion of the system of things, Greek, soontellia = a completion, consummation of the age, as used at Mt 24:3, where it clearly refers to the period prior to the son of man coming in power and glory (Mt 24:30). And the word until = until, as far as, up to, is also clear. What Jesus had said was that he would be with them until/as far as the beginning of the completion of the age, after which he would no longer be with them. This corresponds to what Jehovah said to the woman in the wilderness ... "For a little moment I left you entirely, but with great mercies, I shall collect you together. With a flood of indignation, I concealed my face from you but for a moment, but with loving kindness to time indefinite I will have mercy on you... (cf Isa 54:7,8).

Jesus had spoken of a harvest time when the master of the harvest would send forth the reapers to harvest the field, and that they should collect the weeds and tie them into bundles (organizational structures), leaving any stalks of wheat lying fallow in the field. And told his disciples ... the harvest is the conclusion of the system of things...(Mt 13:39). This first part of the harvest is described at Rev 14:15,16. Jesus also gave another illustration, dealing with a vineyard ...For the kingdom of the heaven is like a man, a householder who went out early in the morning. [cf Ps 110:3 the womb of dawn], to hire workers for his vineyard... and he went out again at the third hour to hire more, and again at the sixth and the ninth. Then finally at the eleventh hour, he found others standing about and asked them ... ‘Why have you been standing about here all day unemployed?’ ... and they answered ... ‘Because no one has hired us’ and he said to them, ‘You too go into the vineyard’ (Mt 20:1-7). The reaping of the vineyard is the second part of the harvest, as described at Rev 14:17-20. These eleventh-hour ones have not been hired, in that they have not been baptized and been told to make disciples of the people of all the nations.

So welcome to the company of workers in the vineyard Stranger, (Ps 110:3).

At the end of the day, the eleventh-hour workers were paid first and the ones who had been employed earlier figured they would be paid more, but to their consternation, they weren’t, and Jesus added the following byline to the illustration ... In this way the last ones will be first, and the first ones last...

So get cracking Stranger, there’s still lots of work to be done.
LRW~

Stranger

#63 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

coccus ilicis wrote:
1 month ago
As far as I can tell, you are the first eleventh-hour worker in the vineyard that I have come across, no doubt there are more and there will yet be a great many more, before the end, (Isa 54:3,9).
Hi Coccus,

You found a position in the Bible for me, I was getting to my end of options but I think you may have found me a spot. Thank you so much! I really liked the way you put that post together and it does seem to fit my description.

"Because no one has hired us"... (Ps 110:3)
coccus ilicis wrote:
1 month ago
So welcome to the company of workers in the vineyard Stranger, (Ps 110:3).
I think I could fit in just like a busy bumblebee giving the vineyard it's yields! Or Like a soldier protecting his fields!

coccus ilicis wrote:
1 month ago
So get cracking Stranger, there’s still lots of work to be done.
Not to worry my little red worm, I AM a "crackerjack" of many trades. There's a prize in every box!

Thank you for the welcome, I'm much obliged!

NWT: Look! I am sending my messenger, and he must clear up a way before me. And suddenly there will come to His temple the [true] Lord, whom you people are seeking, and the messenger of the covenant in whom you are delighting. Look! He will certainly come, Jehovah of armies has said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfWc52smNs8

Stranger, (Mal 3:1)

Kerry Huish

#64 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Is water baptism important, is it even necessary?

According to the Apostle Peter it is linked to our salvation: -
1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

We can only really be classed as 'friends of Jesus' if we do what he has asked: -
John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Water baptism is an act of faith, a work or a deed: -
James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

So yes, water baptism is very important, if we would class ourselves as being Christian.
To keep testing and keep checking that our baptism and teachings are in line with Christ (or valid) is also essential.
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

Regarding which baptism we choose, this will depend on our preference.
If we believe that Jehovah and Jesus are one and the same, then the baptism that follows this understanding is of one kind.
If we believe that Jehovah and Jesus are separate persons, like a Father and a Son, then the baptism that follows this teaching is of another kind.
There are many conflicting teachings regarding the Father, the Son and the Spirit and the baptisms that follow each teaching is of its own kind.
They are not all correct and many weeds have been sown in the field.
Matthew 13:24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.

Many put off Christian baptism because of not being sure, these limp on different opinion's and get nowhere.
1 Kings 18:21 Elijah went before the people and said, "How long will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him." But the people said nothing.

If we are serious and thankful for our salvation in Christ then we will do what is required.
James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Kind Regards

Kerry Huish

Stranger

#65 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
Many put off Christian baptism because of not being sure, these limp on different opinion's and get nowhere.
1 Kings 18:21 Elijah went before the people and said, "How long will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him." But the people said nothing.

The judge said: What do you have in your defense Son?

I said I got 57 channels and nothing on, I'm still looking for the Channel of Truth! (Isa 57:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEussXlmBBM

Stranger, (Ps 18:15)

Kerry Huish

#66 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Stranger wrote:
1 month ago
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago

The judge said: What do you have in your defense Son?

I said I got 57 channels and nothing on, I'm still looking for the Channel of Truth! (Isa 57:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEussXlmBBM

Stranger, (Ps 18:15)
Matthew 5:25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Stranger

#67 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.
Hi Kerry,

My momma always told me that if I take care of my pennies my pennies will take care of me.

My Daddy always said that if he has to be in a hurry he isn't going.

(Mr 12:16-17)

Kind regards,

Stranger, (Heb 12:5)

Kerry Huish

#68 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Stranger wrote:
1 month ago
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.
Hi Kerry,

My momma always told me that if I take care of my pennies my pennies will take care of me.

My Daddy always said that if he has to be in a hurry he isn't going.

(Mr 12:16-17)

Kind regards,

Stranger, (Heb 12:5)
Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

Stranger

#69 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
NWT: Hence straighten up the hands that hang down and the enfeebled knees, and keep making paths for your feet, that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather that it may be healed. (Heb 12:12-13)

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
Kerry, "when I look in your eyes and see the harmonies and the heartaches soften I'd say I am in tune with the straight and narrow there's a symphony in your heart that sends my head a reeling".

I've decided to start using the NWT again, not as my number one source but by God's active Force. You may be happy to hear that, I'm not sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKLb6rz7cl8

Kind Regards

Stranger

Stranger

#70 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
You're right, those people said nothing, but the apostle Paul his Brother and some disciples had some questions and comments.

NWT: Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Be'lial? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God's temple have with idols? For we are a.........

Stranger, ( 2Cor 6:15-17)