Is your Baptism still valid?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Kerry Huish

Re: Is your Baptism still valid?

#51 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 month ago
So after your personal study into the matter, what have you resolved to do?

Do you celebrate it every day, every evening, once a week, once a month or once a year?
I 'esteem all days alike.' (Rom 14:5) I also try to avoid 'observing days and months and seasons and years.' (Gal 4:10, 11)

celebrate it ...
I think there is a fairly wide gulf in our views. Your view still appears to be heavily influenced by the WT's view where the Lord's Evening Meal is an "event" and is attended by various rituals and a mass declining of the emblems which is viewed as normal.

Give yourself a few years to gain some freedom from the WT's view and then ask me again.

Bobcat
WoW

Jeremiah

#52 Post by Jeremiah » 1 month ago

Hi Bobcat, please help old slowpoke here. What do you mean by...
Bobcat wrote:
1 month ago
...a mass declining of the emblems which is viewed as normal.
Jeremy

Stranger

#53 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 month ago
Give yourself a few years to gain some freedom from the WT's view and then ask me again.
That sounded almost just like a direct quote from Felix. (Acts 24:25 KJV)

Stranger, (Acts 24:27)

Bobcat

#54 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Jeremiah wrote:
1 month ago
Hi Bobcat, please help old slowpoke here. What do you mean by...
Bobcat wrote:
1 month ago
...a mass declining of the emblems which is viewed as normal.
Jeremy

Not a "mass" (as in a Catholic "Mass"), but a mass or large scale refusal, where it is the norm to take the emblems into one's hands for the very purpose of going on record that one will not partake of them. (And interested ones are invited simply to "observe," but are then unknowingly tricked into participating in this travesty. The emblems are passed to them also. And what can they do when everyone else around them is refusing to partake? They then become part of next year's Memorial statistics that show how many millions attended, but how few actually partook, which stats are used to convince the next year attenders not to partake. Incidentally, a curious experience I had here.)

The vast majority of JWs attending a Memorial would feel left out if they were not given the opportunity to hold the emblems in their own hands for no other purpose than to pass them to someone else. They want to demonstrate to others that they did not partake of them. (And with the onset of the pandemic and subsequent Zoom Memorials, the WT has now given the OK for not even having the emblems present. On second thought, maybe that's a good thing!)

Imagine going to a dinner invite for the very purpose of letting the host hand you a plate of food just so you could hand it back to him, showing him that you have no intention of eating from it. Or, imagine someone has convinced you thru clever speech that this is what the host expects you to do. You then go in to the occasion thinking you are doing exactly what the host wants you to do. Not realizing that this is exactly the opposite of what he wants. Wouldn't it be better to decline the invitation rather than to insult the host to his face? But somehow the WT has convinced millions to do just that.

In reality, the WT leadership sees partaking of the emblems as a sign of their (presumed) privileged status with God. But you are a slave. (Isa 45:14; Zech 8:23; For which see here.) And as far as they are concerned, a slave like you should only be eating the crumbs that fall from the table. The 'family food' doesn't belong to you. And if you tried to explain to them that the 'food' is meant for you also and for all Christians, you would only be setting yourself up for a JC and to be shunned as an apostate. But they are the real apostates. They are like the Pharisees, whose main concern is their own position. (Jn 11:48, 49, 50)

That is the 'normal' Lord's Evening Meal at a Kingdom Hall near you. Every detail of the occasion is carefully scripted and followed. But the very reason for the occasion is studiously avoided. (Mt 23:24) Anyone familiar with a "Black Mass" would see something familiar at a KH Memorial. Of course, JWs have no intention of worshipping Satan. But they have been brainwashed by the WT to decline the emblems. Just the opposite of Jesus' instructions. "Take, eat, this is my body." (Mt 26:26 NET) And, "Drink from it, all of you, for this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, that is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." (Mt 26:27, 28 NET; 1Ti 2:5, 6)

(Oh well, end of rant.)

Bobcat

Bobcat

#55 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

That sounded almost just like a direct quote from Felix. (Acts 24:25 KJV)
Kerry and I have a large difference of viewpoint. I don't see any use sparring about it now. Time will suffice. Besides, I liked the WoW.

Bobcat

Get out of her

#56 Post by Get out of her » 1 month ago

Stranger wrote:
I enjoyed your post Sol, only six paragraphs instead of twelve that's way easier to stay focused on what you're saying!

The pressure of duty can be very rewarding.
That was very encouraging news for me Brother Stranger. I really appreciated it. I am always struggling to simplify and condense as much as possible as I have pointed out before. The problem is if each and every point cannot truly be recognized as having been established as scripturally sound by ANYONE endeavoring to make them, the brothers and sisters would generally be doing themselves a disservice to be blindly accepting them as factual. At least in the case of the ministry to "Christ's domestics" or "brothers," one would really be "striking their blows to the air" a good percentage of the time even if they don't realize it. (1 Cor 9:26) Any genuine minister of Jehovah is ONLY concerned about relaying JEHOVAH'S messages.

It's important for the anointed "virgins" to understand that Jehovah always goes about endeavoring to get their attention in a somewhat different manner than the "other sheep which are not of this fold." (Joh 10:16) (Lu 12:38) Another "presence of our lord Jesus Christ" ALWAYS begins with a ministry that "does not come with striking observableness" in comparison with the ministry that always follows when Jehovah actually once again HAS appointed theocratic shepherds on the earth that he CAN "inaugurate" with the blood of his "prophets" and correspondingly endow with the full force of his spirit. (Lu 17:20, 21) (He 9:16-18) Just as demonstrated for us after the death and resurrection also of the "two witnesses" of the first century, when there is suddenly even MANY ministers who indeed ARE in possession of this full force, it is suddenly MUCH EASIER for them to make an impression on people. (Re 11:3, 7, 11, 12) (Re 12:3) (Mt 24:30)

Yes when there are suddenly hundreds or even thousands of ministers on the earth who people need to be careful even about telling a lie to if they wish to avoid dropping dead at their feet, this tends to start drawing a lot of serious attention. (Ac 5:1-5) While many will nonetheless still fail to climb aboard the final foretold manifestation of Jehovah's figurative "ark" on the earth, rest assured many WILL. (Mt 24:37-39)

Agape love;
Sol

Jeremiah

#57 Post by Jeremiah » 1 month ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 month ago
(Oh well, end of rant.)
I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest. :D

Slowpoke back up to speed thanks.

Stranger

#58 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Get out of her wrote:
1 month ago
It's important for the anointed "virgins" to understand that Jehovah always goes about endeavoring to get their attention in a somewhat different manner than the "other sheep which are not of this fold." (Joh 10:16) (Lu 12:38) Another "presence of our lord Jesus Christ" ALWAYS begins with a ministry that "does not come with striking observableness"
Hi Sol,

Let me try to put what you said another way. Let me know if I'm right.

"When you see the southern cross/stake for the first time you understand now why you came this WAY,
cause the truth you might be running from is so small but it's as big as the promise, the promise of a coming day.

Think about
think about how many times I have fallen
Spirits are using me, larger voices callin'
what Heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten."

Stranger, (Lu 12:6)

Get out of her

#59 Post by Get out of her » 1 month ago

Well Stranger if it is Jehovah's intention that the "illustrative/symbolic" spiritual language of the initial foretold ministries to Jesus' "brothers" in these post-apostasy/pre-kingdom time frames would be "carefully concealed" to all but the more loving, humble and wise among them, I'm afraid that you just one-upped me here. (Mt 10:5, 6 13:34 25:40 28:18-20) (Col 2:3)

From where I'M sitting at least, what I wrote in my last post was MUCH easier to understand than what you just did. Should I perhaps be sending YOU a "private" message in this case to help me better grasp what you are conveying as opposed to the other way around? (Mr 4:34)

Sol here with a very loving and respectful giggle.

Stranger

#60 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Get out of her wrote:
1 month ago
Well Stranger if it is Jehovah's intention that the "illustrative/symbolic" spiritual language of the initial foretold ministries to Jesus' "brothers" in these post-apostasy/pre-kingdom time frames would be "carefully concealed" to all but the more loving, humble and wise among them, I'm afraid that you just one-upped me here. (Mt 10:5, 6 13:34 25:40 28:18-20) (Col 2:3)

(Lu 12:6)

The five sparrows, although valued at a little better than a dime a dozen can still be bought real cheap. It doesn't matter how low the price, how dirty and humble one has to get to dig deep enough in the dirt to become wise, Jehovah tabulates all the financially insignificant contributions toward the ministry that mean so much to Him and He will never cut you short or leave you uninvited to the Table.

Jehovah's intention would be carried out by His Holy Spirit with direct orders from The Son of God Jesus Christ. I can assure you Sol it's not about one upping anyone, I'm just thankful I haven't been beheaded yet! Given that combination of scripture you cited, I would say it's more about how deep some will have to get pulled up out of the ground at the first resurrection and who gets to decide how far down they want to dig to get them. I got 204 RE:V sparrows (Rev 20:4)

Stranger, Brother to Brother (James 3:9 KJV)