Many Abodes

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Many Abodes

#11 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

John S wrote:
1 month ago
But I had enough of it, and turned to the real world , having faith in the Bible and just looking around seeing all that creation has to offer as belief and proof there is a Great Creator, and the Bible I believed was true all through out.
John S wrote:
1 month ago
So, as Apostle John and Ezekiel did, I ate the scroll, the word of God and read it through my first time at 19 years old, and still today as I read it cover to cover again over 50 years later,
Some require longer digestion periods then others, but when you get done chewing you still have another bite to take. what you leave behind may just be up ahead (Jn 16:33)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ2xDC5syH4

Stranger, (Jude 1:6)

Stranger

#12 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

John S wrote:
1 month ago
having faith in the Bible and just looking around seeing all that creation has to offer as belief and proof there is a Great Creator, and the Bible I believed was true all through out.

Yes John S,

"Through cuffed hands
round the tin can" ...(I could do a lot with those words but I'll hold it for now.)

"I pretend to hold you to my breast and find that
you're waiting from the backroads and by the rivers of my memories
Every smile and ever gentle on my mind."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VecunpIqlg0

Stranger, (James 1:18)

coccus ilicis

#13 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 month ago

John S wrote:
1 month ago
To all readers...

You will notice the great orator LRW consistently downgrades passages of the Bible inconsistent with her ideas.

You will do well to take her advice and comments just as this person presents them: as one who does not believe the Bible is the Word of God, but riddles with contradictions and error.

So.....where will your faith be after listening to the advice and interpretation of this person?

Doubts......casting doubt on Biblical passages destroys any faith in the Bible you may have or had faith.

This is the same as saying “God is not powerful enough to preserve and protect his word from being defiled and ruined for his hopeful worshipers in these last days,......in fact, NO ONE is spirit born !”

Thats what this person teaches.

Did you know that?

‘The Apostle Peter was a murderer.’

Another of LRW ‘s teaching.

You are eating and drinking poison at LRW s table. Think about it.

There is a lot of commentary coming from LRW and its not good, as only those with full faith in Jesus’ teachings and are born of God’s Spirit are seeing the truth as it comes through the Bible and through the Spirit teaching you as you drink the water of life by reading your Bible in secret at home and prayer to Father Yahweh/Jehovah all the while.

John 10:25-30

“I have told you but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name are my witness; but you do not believe, because you are no sheep of mine. The sheep that belong to me LISTEN TO MY VOICE: I know them and they follow me.

I give them eternal life; they will never be lost and no one will ever steal them from me.

The Father who gave them to me is greater than anyone, and no one can steal from the Father. The Father and I are one.”

Yes, this person seeks the glory of having followers who will praise his ‘wisdom and knowledge’....all the time denigrating the Bible as no light but a misleading and erroneous fabrication of men, although Christ says the Bible is God’s word and message for the world to bring us true knowledge and salvation , even eternal life. Matt.4:4

Beware any and all posters here and worldwide who seek to steal God’s sheep whom he has entrusted to his Son, the True Shepherd. John 10:7-18
Dear John S

Please re-read all you have written above, then re-read what Jesus tells us not to do at Mt 7:1,2,3,4,5. For the reader's benefit could you please explain how you reconcile your diatribe with this most basic straight-forward commandment that applies to all of us? Tell us which bits in the Bible that you call God's word, that you consider more important than the words of Jesus and Jehovah, who do not make a habit of revoking their instructions – that seems to be more of a human habit. Do you think your words help or hinder those who make every effort to apply Mt 5:44,45? It would be helpful for the reader if you could answer the questions in a straight forward and honest manner.

I continue to serve as your favourite punch bag. I fully realize that you do not agree with what I say, but for the benefit of the reader could you be more specific and cite the URL & post number of the post which form the basis of your objections. Most readers here are old and mature enough to decide for themselves whether they agree with what I say or whether they disagree, and by doing this readers can make an informed decision rather than basing their belief on innuendos and slander.

As far as I know, the FDS gets appointed at the time when Jesus comes and hasn’t been appointed yet. Nor did he appoint the gatekeeper as a keeper of the faith of their fellow slaves (Mt 24:42,44,46). From my understanding, it was and still is the person's own responsibility. All that is known is when the 'appointed time is near' (Rev 1:3) the woman’s seed (plural) bears witness to Jesus, and many are making an effort to understand what this entails, as its essence has been lost over the intervening centuries. In the first century, they were more concerned with giving the sayings of Jesus a secure footing, but in the process, his sayings were buried. Jesus knew that this would happen and that is why he said ... If you love me, you will observe my commandments... and that at the time of his return the spirit of truth will ... teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you... (Jhn 14:26).

It’s no longer a game of 'one leads,' and the rest follow. All those of the woman’s seed follow Jesus and we are all trying hard to learn this new way. Jesus had told his slave to stay awake and to be ready to open the door when he returned. He did not appoint them to be gatekeepers of the faith of their fellow slaves, which is what happened, thereby setting themselves up as mediators between Jesus and man. That game is over. The spirit of truth is opening up the minds of the woman’s seed and they are all bearing witness to Jesus, not to the Bible or to Paul, Peter or any of the early church fathers. They served a different purpose, and because of their hard work, the sayings of Jesus have been preserved until our day. Not only that, but thousands of ancient Bible manuscripts have since been found, and thousands of clay tablets predating the time of Abraham have also been found. These indicate that the accounts in Genesis were written by eye-witnesses. And the tools to check the original meaning of Hebrew and Greek words are now easily accessible for anyone who is interested enough to make the effort. That, dear John, is the power of God.

We are not all on the same page yet, and maybe never will be - Jehovah does not require his earthly children to be like tin soldiers marching in unison. But the goal is to apply the sayings of Jesus in our own lives and in that way others will be drawn to do the same as the water becomes a fountain ...bubbling up to impart everlasting life... (Jhn 4:14) And that is indeed ...everlasting good news... (Rev 14:6). Each one is judged on their own merits, that is the power and the love of a just God. And the basis of judgement is as Jesus said ...Everyone that hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came not to judge the world but to save the world. He that disregards my sayings has one to judge him. The word that I have spoken is what will judge him in the last day because I have spoken not of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me the commandment as to what to say and what to speak. Also I know this commandment means everlasting life... (Jhn 12:47-49).
LRW~

Dajo1

#14 Post by Dajo1 » 3 weeks ago

Thanks Victor,

Perhaps it would be prudent to not think of "Abodes" as only two "locations" - earth or heaven.

Jesus has shown us many possibilities and if we were to limit that to "being" Earth or Heaven, that shows indicates a limited thought process.
Remember, "eye has not seen and ear has not heard". It all.

Abode, is a place where you are at. Many, many places and locations (no doubt physical and spiritual) are ours yet to discover. Christ has proved that!