Do you WANT to be one of the 5 Discreet Virgins?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Do you WANT to be one of the 5 Discreet Virgins?

#41 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

Hi John S,
John S wrote:
2 months ago
The point Stranger repeated that all the Apostles and Christ taught: the blood of Christ forgives all sin and faith in it the power to give everlasting eternal life.

You got that right. and the only way anyone can live is to feed off of Him (Jesus Christ). (Jn 6:57)

Stranger, (1Cor 11:29-30 KJV)

Kerry Huish

#42 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 months ago

Stranger wrote:
2 months ago
Hi John S,
John S wrote:
2 months ago
The point Stranger repeated that all the Apostles and Christ taught: the blood of Christ forgives all sin and faith in it the power to give everlasting eternal life.
You got that right. and the only way anyone can live is to feed off of Him (Jesus Christ). (Jn 6:57)

Stranger, (1Cor 11:29-30 KJV)
This again is not true and not solidly based on scripture.
The Apostles and Christ never taught that ALL sin will be forgiven.

So said the Christ: -

Matthew 12:31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

So said the Apostle Paul: -

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

So said the Apostle John: -

1 John 5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Sinning against the spirit is a deliberately lying against the truth.

For example, teaching others that we should pray to Jesus when we well know that Jesus clearly taught that we should pray to the Father or teaching that the blood of the Christ forgives ALL sins, when you well know that there are caveats.

You are playing with fire, think about what you are doing and stop it before it's too late.
There are too many teaching their 'own brand' of Christianity and it is counterfeit.

This was the same in the 1st Century, too many running ahead before they have even learned to walk properly.

Hebrews 5:12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!

Will you stop, I highly doubt it, you seem to be too invested in teaching your own ideas.
I wish you would stop, but even if you don't maybe someone else will benefit from your false step.

Romans 9:15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Stranger

#43 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
2 months ago
Will you stop, I highly doubt it, you seem to be too invested in teaching your own ideas.
I wish you would stop, but even if you don't maybe someone else will benefit from your false step.
Kerry Huish wrote:
2 months ago
Hebrews 5:12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!
I'm sorry Kerry but I have thrown up enough of the solid food offered from the WT. Honey and Milk is the fragrance of what my present Teacher has under His Tongue. (Eph 5:15) Put that in your Bible and smell aroma. A little 4-11 for you. (Song 4:11)

I'll stop if you meet the New Boss, He's the same as the Old Boss. (Heb 13:8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

Stranger, (Song 7:12)

John S

#44 Post by John S » 2 months ago

of course Kerry....

no argument there are exceptions and those who adamantly refuse to obey God and Christ will not be found. in the future after the judgment.

of course free will is ongoing as Rev. 22 shows even liars and drunkards and spiritists will pop up into eternity but they wont last long. many details are not given so we wait in anticipation and work to see our hope materialize. we can only say for certain hard hearted sinners like the Pharisees and others really are digging their own graves.

Get out of her

#45 Post by Get out of her » 2 months ago

Once again with respect to this scriptural phenomenon identified with terms like the "faithful and discreet slave" or "discreet virgins," this is an entity which ONLY exists on the earth in a post-apostasy/pre-kingdom setting, or otherwise one in which a kingdom covenant or what is also referred to as a marriage covenant has been broken with spiritual adultery on the part of the earthly theocratic shepherds it was formed with. This is the very reason in fact that the ones who subsequently at some point experience an anointing of holy spirit after this act of spiritual "harlotry" has occurred in preparation for a RENEWED kingdom covenant are also identified with terms like spiritual "widows" or even "orphans." (La 5:3) (Isa 54:1-4) (Jer 15:9) (1 Sa 2:5) Moreover it would perfectly explain the incredibly stunning degree of hypocrisy, contradiction, corruption, injustice and confusion we continue to witness for even the vast majority of human history throughout ALL organized religion, not to mention the entire political system. The fact is that to proclaim or announce oneself even as a "DISCREET AND WISE virgin" or "FAITHFUL AND DISCREET slave" is to identify yourself as a "sleeping" or spiritually dead person who is once again in dire need of the salvation that always comes with a renewed kingdom/marriage covenant, or what is also referred to with scriptural terms such as a "coming of the Christ" or "coming of the kingdom." (Mt 25:5, 10) (Lu 22:29)

Do we personally choose to disagree with this perhaps because we have been led to believe otherwise by countless religious leaders our entire lives or even simply because seemingly everyone around us has swallowed this lie and we don’t feel comfortable with being the odd one out? (Joh 15:18, 19) (Mt 7:13, 14 10:37, 38 16:24) Well the fact is we will need to take this disagreement up with God as this is by no means the teaching of the incredibly lowly and insignificant Sol. It can in fact be demonstrated scripturally in many different ways, and I will continue to do just that as long as I am able since an accurate understanding of these things can mean even the very lives of my dear brothers and sisters.

With that very thing in mind, to come to an even better understanding of these scriptural phrases or titles it would undoubtedly help very much to actually consider and compare ALL of the terms the scriptures utilize when identifying mankind after finding themselves once again in this setting of a broken holy covenant. Notice I pointed to what the SCRIPTURES identify people as in the settings of a broken kingdom covenant; NOT what the "disgusting thing" or "man of lawlessness" always identifies them as. In fact a careful analysis of these terms becomes all the more revealing when we compare them to the ones used when this same covenant exists in good standing with Jehovah. Yes as opposed to scriptural terms such as- "God's nation," "Jews," Israelites," "my people," "my special property," Jehovah's "woman" or "the bride of the lamb," "sons of the barren woman" or "sons of the kingdom," we are now in stark contrast suddenly considering terms such as the following:

"The DAUGHTER of my people"(Isa 23:4) (Jer 8:11)

As opposed to the "son" or even "sons" that are always given birth to in a figurative/spiritual sense when a kingdom covenant is formed between Jehovah and an appointed shepherding fold, this- "daughter of my people" along with similar scriptural terms is a symbolic reference to what is always born from the adulterous spiritual relations involved in breaking Jehovah's holy kingdom covenant which is also referred to as a marriage covenant. (Isa 54:1-4 66:7, 8) (Re 12:5) In the scriptures the assigning of gender is much more about relative positions of authority than literal/fleshly sexual identity, and this designation of a feminine gender here is simply one of the ways Jehovah is pointing to the loss of theocratic power and authority that always come with a broken kingdom covenant.

In stark contrast to ones like–"daughter of Jerusalem" or even "VIRGIN daughter of Zion," this –"daughter of my people" is a much broader term that applies to ALL the people that had previously been included in a kingdom covenant regardless of whether they were of the shepherding fold of God's nation or that of the figurative sheep. It is precisely due to the spiritual unfaithfulness or even adultery involved in breaking the holy marriage covenant that this "daughter" or even these figurative "daughters" are refereed to also with terms such as a "prostitute" or "great harlot." (Isa 1:21) (Eze 23:1-4) (1 Cor 6:15) (Re 17:1) Prophetic dramas such as with the prostitute by the name of Rahab in ancient Jericho are actually among MANY accounts that help us understand that even in the case of the "discreet virgins," Jehovah does not recognize the spiritual "leprosy" or even "sleep" that comes with this spiritual adultery as being fully cleansed until this "baptism of holy spirit and fire" is completed with another "blood inauguration" or literal death and resurrection of the "two witnesses." (2 Ki 5:14) (Mt 3:11 25:5) (He 9:16-18) (Re 11:3, 7, 11, 12)

"The VIRGIN daughter of Zion" (Isa 37:22

This expression is actually an example of the manner in which Jehovah now begins to distinguish the ones among this figurative/spiritual "daughter" that he chooses to pour out his holy spirit on or otherwise transfer from the now apostate King Saul entity to the young and unmarried ("virgin"?) David entity. (1 Sa 16:11-14) Compare (Es 1:19, 20 2:1-4) Just as illustrated or us also with this very same prophetic drama that unfolded roughly 4 ½ centuries after the Israelites invaded and occupied the Promised Land, these spiritual maidens or prospective future "brides of the lamb" will now enter a period of "fiery" testing and trials to determine which ones among them will soon qualify as genuine theocratically appointed spiritual shepherds of the next foretold "birth of the barren woman" or manifestation of Jehovah's kingdom/nation on the earth. (Isa 54:1-4) (1 Sa 2:5) (Jer 15:9) (Re 21:2, 9) The ones who ultimately prove "discreet" among these newly anointed ones or otherwise successfully navigate this "baptism of holy spirit and fire" will have the divine marriage covenant renewed with them even personally just as demonstrated for us also in the early part of the first century. (Lu 22:28, 29) This is precisely what is being foretold to occur yet again on future occasions by Jesus himself in accounts like Matthew 25:1-12 or otherwise shortly after he had directly participated in this very same cycle of events or "circuit of the cities of Israel" for the fifth of the "seven" foretold "times." (Lu 22:28, 29) (Mt 10:23) (Jos 6:4) (Da 4:23)

You see while this "virginity" is a symbolic reference to the fact that the figurative marital relations with Jehovah that always come with a kingdom covenant have once again been severed with this spiritual adultery and by extension that ANY relations these newly anointed ones might be experiencing at the moment should be recognized as a kind of spiritual courtship of potential future "brides" at best, the ADDITIONAL terms the scriptures utilize for these same spiritual maidens are actually even much more sobering the moment we begin to understand what THEY are pointing to symbolically.

"Orphans, widows, barren women, DISCREET AND WISE "virgins/slaves"
(La 5:3) (Isa 54:1-4) (Mt 24:45 25:1, 2)

Are we seeing the progression in terms here as time commences with this figurative "fiery furnace" of the "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego" entity? (Da 3:16-20) (Mal 3:2, 3) (Mt 3:11) You see the same "abandonment" by Jehovah of his "house" or earthly "sanctuary/temple" that always results from this spiritual adultery on the part of his nation or what is also represented by things like a severing of marital or family relations that transforms even the anointed ones into "virgins" is the very same thing that qualifies these ones also as spiritual "orphans" or "widows." (Mt 23:37-39) (1 Cor 3:16) Compare (Lu 19:12) (Da 11:30-32)

First of all when we see these same "virgins" being referred to also as spiritual "widows," this is a symbolic term that points not only to these same severed marital relations, but also simultaneously to the spiritual death or "sleep" (loss of salvation) that always ALSO comes with this spiritual "harlotry." (Mt 25:5) (Isa 1:21) (Re 13:8 17:1) When we are considering the term "orphan," this is a symbolic reference to the fact that not only has this broken covenant disqualified us as spiritual "brides" of our figurative "bridegroom," but also even as belonging to God ALTOGETHER! This fact in turn leaves us facing the rather sobering question of exactly who it is really that has once again claimed ownership of us by means of this spiritual unfaithfulness. But what about this symbolic expression—"barren woman"?

We might have noticed that all of these latter expressions can be found in settings or contexts that lump them together as synonymous. Moreover we might have observed that that these ones who qualify as such are cast in a very favorable light in accounts such as here in Isaiah 54:1-4. Yes what we are actually beginning to consider in this progression of the foretold spiritual cleansings and rebirths of God's nation is an even much FURTHER distinction from the "many" who qualify as anointed in these prophetic time frames. (Mt 22:14) But what we would do well to appreciate here is that these symbolic expressions are not MERELY designed to distinguish the "discreet virgins" from the "foolish." A careful analysis of them will even begin to shed more light on exactly HOW these "few" among the anointed have actually SUCCEEDED in qualifying themselves as the figurative "Esther" among this train of many prospective "maidens/virgins" undergoing things like this "massaging with oil." (holy spirit) (Es 2:1-4, 12) (1 Sa 16:13) (Mt 25:1-4) Such will begin to reveal much more about how these anointed ones can now receive a kind of "receptacle" of additional "oil" for their figurative "lamps" or otherwise experience a kind of SECONDARY anointing as if this preparation or "massage" would suddenly now involve the use of a kind of figurative "balsam oil" instead of "oil of Myrrh." (Mt 25:3, 4) (Es 2:12) Compare Mt 25:27) (Mr 3:14, 15)

"Cry out joyfully you barren woman that did not give birth! Become cheerful even with a joyful outcry and cry shrilly, you that had no childbirth pains. For the sons of the desolated one are more numerous than the sons of the woman with a husbandly owner, Jehovah has said. Make the place of your tent more spacious. And let them stretch out the tent cloths of your grand tabernacle, Do not hold back. Lengthen out your tent cords and make those tent pins of yours strong. For to the right and to the left you will break forth, and your own offspring will take possession even of nations, and they will inhabit even the desolated cities. Do not be afraid, for you will not be put to shame, and do not be humiliated for you will not be disappointed. For you will forget even the shame of your time of youth, and the reproach of your continuous widowhood you will remember no more." (Isa 54:1-4)

Did we notice here that in stark contrast to what organized religion always teaches, NOT ONLY are we considering this concept of "widowhood" in connection with God's nation or what many refer to as Christianity in this time frame, but even "CONTINUOUS widowhood!" Particularly since even what is constantly referred to as "Christianity" seems to have CONTINUOUSLY experienced humiliation and shame with scandals as large as the "inquisition" in the middle ages or rampant homosexuality and even child molestation at the highest levels all the way up until our time, could it perhaps be the case that just as was illustrated for us with the final seventh baptism or spiritual cleansing of the "leprous" foreign chieftain of 2 Kings Chapter five it has ultimately always been the "LAST trumpet" or "SEVENTH birth of the barren woman" that the scriptures have primarily been directing our attention to? (2 Ki 5:1, 10) (1Sa 2:5) (Jer 15:9) (1 Cor 15:51-53) (Re 11:15)

Well it just so happens to be the case that in accounts like Ezekiel 38 not only is this "continuous widowhood" of Jehovah's nation referred to instead as a "CONSTANTLY DEVASTATED PLACE," but the very SETTING of this scripture is found to be "IN THE FINAL PART OF THE DAYS"! (Eze 38:8, 9) Yes the fact is we ALL very much need to begin swallowing our rather fierce and persistent pride and humbly/repentantly begin paying attention to things like the SCRIPTURES as opposed to the "demon inspired expressions" that always begin spewing out of the mouth of the "dragon, the wild beast and the false prophet" when Jehovah's holy marriage covenant is violated with spiritual adultery. (Mt 3:1, 2) (Re 16:13, 14) But are things such as this already beginning to help us understand exactly HOW scriptural terms for the anointed in these times of national apostasy like "barren woman" or "widow" are now not only identifying more specifically the "DISCREET" virgins, but also pointing simultaneously to what QUALIFIES them as such?

You see the primary reason that this figurative "Rahab" portion of the "great harlot" spoken of also here in Isaiah 54 will now not only experience SALVATION from Jehovah as opposed to the immanent destruction that ALWAYS comes upon the "great city" of figurative "Jericho" after spiritual adultery is committed against Jehovah, is because she humbly and repentantly ACKNOWLEDGES herself as this figurative/spiritual "widow" or "prostitute." (Jos 2:1) Moreover just as illustrated for us also in this same prophetic drama of ancient Jericho which ONCE AGAIN we find in a "final part of the days" setting or otherwise in one in which God's people are poised to FINALLY enter into the "PROMISED LAND" (promised new world), this humble repentance was demonstrated by this spiritually "barren widow" NOT ONLY by mere words, but also by her cooperative and obedient ACTIONS! The "two spies" were simply yet another symbolic representation of the "TWO WITNESSES" or the two prophets of Jehovah that ALWAYS appear on the earth to "spy out the land" or "inspect" and feed the anointed "virgins" to determine who among them WILL INDEED have Jehovah's marriage covenant restored to them AS OPPOSED to experiencing even outright destruction! (Re 11:3) (Lu 19:44) (Mt 24:45)

Yes the success of Rahab and her little household (like the "few" of the ones invited to the "marriage feast" who actually ATTEND it) (Mt 22:14 25:10) in surviving the immanent destruction of this "great harlot" was simply among many prophetic dramas or illustrations that demonstrate that we are BY NO MEANS saved or born again Christians in these post apostasy/pre-kingdom time frames. Her subsequent marriage to a Judean prince which put her in the direct lineage to Jesus himself was simply another way of illustrating the prophecy/parable that Jesus uttered in Matthew 25:1-12 immediately after SERVING as one of these "two spies" in the SALVATION of this "Rahab" entity for the fifth of the "seven" foretold "times." (Da 4:23) (Mt 1:5) To DECLARE ourselves as saved Christians in these time frames is actually to insist pridefully that we are in NO NEED of another "coming of the Christ" or his "kingdom" and the spiritual cleansing or "baptism of holy spirit and fire" that ALWAYS comes with it! (Mt 3:11) If we fail to even RECOGNIZE that we are actually spiritual "WIDOWS" and "BARREN WOMEN" in these "times of inspection," why would we even be "ON THE WATCH" for Jehovah's prophets at this time, let alone be inclined to begin listening to them and making needed adjustments as was illustrated with the ancient Rahab or the disciples of Jesus and John the Baptist in the first century? (Mt 24:42) (Lu 12:38)

"And now hear this you pleasure given woman, the one sitting in security, the one saying in her heart: "I am, and there is nobody else. I shall NOT sit as a widow, and I shall NOT know the loss of children. But to you these two things will come suddenly, in one day, loss of children and widowhood. In their complete measure they must come upon you, for the abundance of your sorceries, for the full might of your sells—exceedingly." (Isa 47:8, 9) Compare (Re 18:7, 8)

Yes we very much need to humbly and repentantly recognize that when we boldly proclaim ourselves as saved Christians in these settings of complete national apostasy just like the antichrist has been constantly telling us our entire lives, we will be recognized by Jehovah as the UNREPENTANT portion of the "great harlot," and be dealt with accordingly! This word- Christian by strict definition even points to us as specifically among the SHEPHERDING fold of God's nation. Basically the entire reason for a coming of the Christ or kingdom in the first place is to RECONSTRUCT this shepherding fold! In other words, this would mean we are claiming a flock or "CHILDREN"! Moreover since we by implication would be recognizing even a GREAT NUMBER of people as "Christians" just like ourselves, this means we are claiming "NUMEROUS children." (Isa 54:1-4) This would most certainly not constitute us as "BARREN women." It is precisely BECAUSE we are mere spiritual "virgins," "widows," and "barren women" in these pre-kingdom time frames that we "REPENTANTLY" need to identify Jehovah's prophets and begin humbly and obediently following their instructions for preparing ourselves and our fellow brothers and sisters for the final foretold "marriage feast." (Mt 3:1, 2 25:10) (Jos 2:1-21)

Agape love;
Sol

Victor

#46 Post by Victor » 2 months ago

"Do you WANT to be one of the 5 Discreet Virgins?"

No, I want to be the Bride.

Get out of her

#47 Post by Get out of her » 2 months ago

Absolutely Victor! That is always the ultimate goal of the spirit anointed ones in any of the foretold settings of a broken kingdom/marriage covenant that would require another of the foretold "comings of the kingdom" or "births of the (figurative) barren woman." (1 Sa 2:5) (Jer 15:9) (Isa 54:1-4 66:7, 8) However in these post-apostasy/pre-kingdom settings in which we once again find ourselves in today, the way we need to position ourselves for this final foretold figurative "marriage feast" or renewal of this broken marriage covenant is to first qualify as one of the "DISCREET virgins." (Mt 25:1, 2, 10) (Lu 22:28,29)

A warm welcome to you Victor. Thank you for joining in with our Bible discussions.

Sol

Victor

#48 Post by Victor » 2 months ago

Get out of her wrote:
2 months ago
Absolutely Victor! That is always the ultimate goal of the spirit anointed ones in any of the foretold settings of a broken kingdom/marriage covenant that would require another of the foretold "comings of the kingdom" or "births of the (figurative) barren woman." (1 Sa 2:5) (Jer 15:9) (Isa 54:1-4 66:7, 8) However in these post-apostasy/pre-kingdom settings in which we once again find ourselves in today, the way we need to position ourselves for this final foretold figurative "marriage feast" or renewal of this broken marriage covenant is to first qualify as one of the "DISCREET virgins." (Mt 25:1, 2, 10) (Lu 22:28,29)

A warm welcome to you Victor. Thank you for joining in with our Bible discussions.

Sol
Thanks for the welcome.

(Psalm 45:1-17) . . .My heart has become astir with a goodly matter. I am saying: “My works are concerning a king.” May my tongue be the stylus of a skilled copyist.  2 You are indeed more handsome than the sons of men. Charm has been poured out upon your lips. That is why God has blessed you to time indefinite.  3 Gird your sword upon [your] thigh, O mighty one, [With] your dignity and your splendor.  4 And in your splendor go on to success; Ride in the cause of truth and humility [and] righteousness, And your right hand will instruct you in fear-inspiring things.  5 Your arrows are sharp—under you peoples keep falling— In the heart of the enemies of the king.  6 God is your throne to time indefinite, even forever; The scepter of your kingship is a scepter of uprightness.  7 You have loved righteousness and you hate wickedness. That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your partners.  8 All your garments are myrrh and aloeswood [and] cassia; Out from the grand ivory palace stringed instruments themselves have made you rejoice.  9 The daughters of kings are among your precious women. The queenly consort has taken her stand at your right hand in gold of Oʹphir. 10 Listen, O daughter, and see, and incline your ear; And forget your people and your father’s house. 11 And the king will long for your prettiness, For he is your lord, So bow down to him. 12 The daughter of Tyre also with a gift— The rich ones of the people will soften your own face. 13 The king’s daughter is all glorious within [the house]; Her clothing is with settings of gold. 14 In woven apparel she will be brought to the king. The virgins in her train as her companions are being brought in to you. 15 They will be brought with rejoicing and joyfulness; They will enter into the palace of the king. 16 In place of your forefathers there will come to be your sons, Whom you will appoint as princes in all the earth. 17 I will make mention of your name throughout all generations to come. That is why peoples themselves will laud you to time indefinite, even forever."

The King, the Bride, and the Virgins are the primary components of Psalm 45 and Christ's Ten Virgins teaching.

The Bridegroom brings the Bride, the Virgins are to be ready. The center, the purpose of the teaching, revolves upon the Virgins and their preparations not upon the Bride.

Get out of her

#49 Post by Get out of her » 2 months ago

Isn't that a beautiful scripture there in Psalm's Victor? I was just curious at the moment if you had ever given any thought specifically to verses 10 and 11 where it speaks about this figurative "daughter" and how she would do well to "forget her people and her father's house" if she indeed does yearn for the "king to long for her prettiness." Would you perhaps have a thought on this that you would be willing to share with us; more particularly one that could be supported with scriptural citations?

Agape love;
Sol

Victor

#50 Post by Victor » 2 months ago

Get out of her wrote:
2 months ago
Isn't that a beautiful scripture there in Psalm's Victor? I was just curious at the moment if you had ever given any thought specifically to verses 10 and 11 where it speaks about this figurative "daughter" and how she would do well to "forget her people and her father's house" if she indeed does yearn for the "king to long for her prettiness." Would you perhaps have a thought on this that you would be willing to share with us; more particularly one that could be supported with scriptural citations?

Agape love;
Sol

"The queenly consort has taken her stand at your right hand in gold of Oʹphir. 10 Listen, O daughter, and see, and incline your ear; And forget your people and your father’s house. 11 And the king will long for your prettiness, For he is your lord, So bow down to him."

The queenly consort IS the daughter.