Do you WANT to be one of the 5 Discreet Virgins?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
John S

Re: Do you WANT to be one of the 5 Discreet Virgins?

#21 Post by John S » 1 month ago

Well, I know the obstacles of learning especially at old age. I think you may be of mature years like me.

I presented scriptures most anyone who was not raised a JW could easily see.

But as I said before, I will say again. Jesus has been granted this universe. He created it. He sustains it by his power.

He is a god, nothing less.

Now, if he is desirous of coming inside us, and we inside him via his spirit.Romans 8......

....then we are already talking to him.

John S

#22 Post by John S » 1 month ago

I will share a personal experience with all readers about talking to Jesus in prayer:

And by the way...two posts back I typed A scripture that spoke of giving glory to God...and in parenthesis added(Jesus). This meant Jesus spoke this saying...not Jesus-is the God referred to.

Ok the experience:

As I was being born of the water of truth, which took me awhile as I had to re read the NT and a few times the book of John also.

Gospel of John is most amazing.

And once I saw WT had hidden Christ’s glory on purpose, I began seeing how important it is according to Father Yahweh for us to see Christ as God also a god number 2.

When I got through Romans 8 , I saw we should grasp the “spirit of Christ” as well as God. So , putting two and two together, I decided I REALLY wanted to pray to Christ....but I was scared because of my sins, I felt very vulnerable before Christ as he REALLY wants his Father glorified and I thought he would not even want to talk to me.

So, I hesitated, until one day, after years of being on a site with a sister in Britain called, “Sister D”,( she is a JW anointed in hiding) she pm’d me and said, “ John, Jesus came to me and told me to message you and tell him he can pray to me.”

Wow! Out of nowhere but everywhere is then Spirit-searching

Well , I did , went down to me little camp with the pond and in a peaceful way I poured out my heart to Jesus. And it was good, peaceful, and a relief.

Mostly, I talk to Father all day, but sometimes to our Lord, and I need to every day. The Holy Spirit?

I talk to him many times .

He has a sense of humor , and many enlightenments come at times you don’t expect. So, when you receive the rebirth, it really does change everything in your daily life. Nothing can compare to this very personal, very real worship.

Interactive, a daily walk, a stopgap against sinning, as when sin lifts its head, the Spirit warns you.

Anyway, like I say...you just have to follow Jesus ‘ instructions , water and spirit, and you will see things never seen in mind and reality. Like me? In my case I have had had brief visions, dreams, and lights-switched -on many times on various passages of scripture. And of course even as JW’s you have seen the Spirit work in your lives.

So, enjoy life with Christ now, and them all in you as You welcome them all into your life.

John S

#23 Post by John S » 1 month ago

Really Kerry....

How can a normal desire to talk to Jesus Christ ever be thought of as a sin?

John S

#24 Post by John S » 1 month ago

This is why I’ve referred time and again to the many,many times WT has mistranslated ,’in’...Christ in us, for In Union with.

The Teacher says we must become ONE with not only the Father, but the Son, and be BORN of the Holy Spirit.

This means these entities, Gods....interact personally with us, and they take our whole personality and emotion into themselves, as Jesus said , we are in them and they are in us.

Prayer is an example of this interaction of The Spirit inside us. It is a real thing not mental faith but Real Spiritual bonding. Read Romans 8, maybe that will help you.

I do believe you are still throwing up your guard and resisting the teachings of Christ as if it is demonic.

That’s a shame.😴

You are never gonna ‘get it’ if you don’t stop and commit to reading the NT all over with a blank mind. You’ll never understand it if you don't Clear your palate of the WT doctrine.

Its a dirty secret of WT. This demolition of the truth Jesus taught, and you and I and all the others are paying for it because we raised kids who never knew God personally like those of the first-born do.

You yourself have become cynical and superstitious against the very things Jesus taught as ‘the Way’, haven’t you?

My brother, JW lifer, doesn’t believe anyone was anointed in modern times. And I know other JW’s too believe ‘all that is trash’.

Miracles, Holy Spirit rebirth? I can’t do this for you Kerry and all readers. In fact, Jesus says, no one will become sons of God and Jesus’ brothers unless “God draws them to himself”.

So, I will leave it with you and Father Yahweh.

That part, the choice, is yours and God’s not mine.

John S

#25 Post by John S » 1 month ago

What is sin if it’s not WT setting up the Bread and wine and telling you you must not partake and if you do you are sinning because no more anointed are being chosen?

Just listen to the GB, they will tell you what to do. if they tell you, “Jump!” ,you should never question unless you ask ,”how high.”

Thats a cult, and a sin to be a part of after you have learned what Jesus’ instructions really are.

You can be a JW, but if you are not in Christ, and born of the Holy Spirit, are you really a Christian.

What did Kesus say about that question? Read John 3 and John 6. The answer is there in plain English.

Stranger

#26 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

John S wrote:
1 month ago
You are never gonna ‘get it’ if you don’t stop and commit to reading the NT all over with a blank mind. You’ll never understand it if you don't Clear your palate of the WT doctrine.

What you say here John S is good advice, not just to Kerry but anyone that has ever had relations with WT. It's a constant matter to always have to clear your mind of that deep rooted demonic material they call literature, and it takes a lot of time to. In the New Testament, God has revealed that salvation is a PROCESS that involves justification, when a sinner trusts Jesus Christ as his or her Savior.

Stranger, (Phil 1:6)...... (Ps 73:25)

Stranger

#27 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
The Son can only do what he sees the Father doing, when the Father creates something through the Son, the Son sees it, yes by means of Jehovah's spirit, the Son can then replicate it, but the credit and worship for creation is to Jehovah - He is the creator, not Jesus.
Hi Kerry,

You say that the scriptures in Colossians are unclear, this article may be interesting to you, https://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/a ... ngels.aspx

Stranger, (Lu 6:19 KJV)

Kerry Huish

#28 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Stranger wrote:
1 month ago
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
The Son can only do what he sees the Father doing, when the Father creates something through the Son, the Son sees it, yes by means of Jehovah's spirit, the Son can then replicate it, but the credit and worship for creation is to Jehovah - He is the creator, not Jesus.
Hi Kerry,

You say that the scriptures in Colossians are unclear, this article may be interesting to you, https://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/a ... ngels.aspx

Stranger, (Lu 6:19 KJV)

It is unclear in relation to my request for a clear scriptural directive in relation to being instructed to worship Christ the same as I worship the Father.

Let me give you an example of a clear scriptural directive, to only worship the Father: -

1 Corinthians 8:5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Now if you are telling me to worship Jesus the same as I worship Jehovah, then you ought to be able to provide a clear scriptural directive for this.
For example if the above scriptures actually said that for us there were actually TWO God's, but it does not, it clearly says ONE and puts Jesus as a seperate entity.

Colossians cannot be used as such a directive as it has been mistranslated by many to favor the idea of Jesus being creator, as can be clearly seen if really examined.

The Bible says we are all gods but this is certainly not a license for us to have and worship many gods, is it?

Psalms 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.

The Bible clearly says that for us, as Christians, there is but one God, the Father.
No where does it instruct us to worship Christ, no where does it say Christ is the creator and Christ himself taught us to pray to the Father.

Exodus 20:3 “You shall have no other gods before a me.

Anyway, as I have said before, when a person takes this false step, committing an apostasy, it is very difficult for them to be rescued or reasoned with, even with clear scriptural directive, even as it was for the Jews when they started worshipping baal.

Proverbs 7:22 All at once he followed her like an ox going to the slaughter, like a deer a stepping into a noose 23 till an arrow pierces his liver, like a bird darting into a snare, little knowing it will cost him his life.

Kind Regards

Kerry

John S

#29 Post by John S » 1 month ago

ok Kerry ...

if you can admit Jesus is God over the universe as Father has placed him there, he created it, and by Jesus' power the universe is still being fueled to operate, and you see how much love he has for mankind , even coming down here and living a life of hardship, while healing and teaching all along ,

... and being tortured to death....

and that doesnt impress you to the point you would Love to talk to him if he invited you to come inside him and he would come inside you to live in you for your eternal life....

... then I think you just want to argue so no thanks we have important matters as Christians to draw people to Christ and want them to love and worship him as King and Lord as after he died and was elevated to the foremost position in the universe, God Yahweh wants us to honor Jesus just as we honor the Father .

call it love then but I call it worship and we should obey everything Jesus says. if you dont want to be with him andresurrect into heaven? Evidently Father Yahweh is not drawing you.

so that is something between you and God to work on, i cant do anymore for you.

Kerry Huish

#30 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

John S wrote:
1 month ago
we should obey everything Jesus says
Agreed, including the part where Jesus taught us to address prayers to the Father...
John S wrote:
1 month ago
i cant do anymore for you.
Not sure if I have missed something here, but you have not done anything for me...

You have not provided a clear scriptural directive showing that Jesus is the creator, you have given zero.
You have not provided a clear scriptural directive showing that we should worship Jesus the same as we worship the Father, again you have given zero.
You have not provided a clear scriptural directive showing that we should pray to Jesus, again you have given zero.

These ideas were brought in long after the Apostles died.
The Apostle Paul warned that such would occur.

Acts 20:29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

As did Jesus with his sowing of the weeds illustration.

Matthew 13:24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.

I am not going to continue to argue with you, but I wanted to give you opportunity to present your case so that readers can weigh things up for themselves.

Kind Regards

Kerry