Maths Virus 1914

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Maths Virus 1914

#1 Post by Marina » 10 months ago

My new video on 1914 - this is part 1 of a series.

Marina

AmosAu3

Re: Maths Virus 1914

#2 Post by AmosAu3 » 10 months ago

Hi Marina,

Thanks for this latest informative video on 1914.
It will be very interesting to see your following episodes and how they prove the misinformation and corruption of texts by the WTS. I firmly believe the WTS have deliberately set out to mislead the membership, by various false teachings.

Keep up the good work.

Regards, Amos.

John S

#3 Post by John S » 10 months ago

It is a very simple mathematical problem the Bible presents through the prophet Jeremiah.

"This is how the word of Yahweh was fulfilled that he spoke through Jeremiah, ' Until this land has enjoyed its sabbath rest, until 70 years have gone by, it will keep sabbath throughout the days of its desolation.'

And in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, to fulfill the word of Yahweh that was spoken

through Jeremiah, Yahweh roused the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia to issue a proclamation and to have it publicly displayed throughout his kingdom: " Thus speaks Cyrus king of Persia, 'Yahweh the God of heaven has given me all the kingdoms of the earth; he has ordered me to build him a Temple in Jerusalem, in Judah. Whoever there is among you of all his people, may his God be with him! Let him go up."

This is recorded at chapter 36 of 2 Chron. it records faithfully and skillfully the fall of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar and since 70 years after Jerusalem is destroyed the city is reinhabited we merely count back from the time Cyrus sent the people back to reinhabit the destroyed city and temple, but allow a year or two for Cyrus' instructions to be proclamed and all the orders to fund the expedition and time involved before the time clock started ticking: so as even historians most all agree Cyrus took Over Babylon in 539bc.... so adding in reverse two years to 537 bc we add 70 years which brings us to 607bce. .....not hard at all .

Attempts have been made by many to state Jerusalem was not desolate for 70 years but shy of that figure by around 20 years or so.....but I'm totally confident the Biblical scribes and prophets of Yahweh showed Cyrus the great events foretold of him to conquer Babylon, and restore Jerusalem (Isa. 44:26-28).....came exactly at the timeframe foretold.

We here today 2500 years removed from the great prophecies of Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and others.....time prophecies unparalleled in any other religion... should be confident they fulfilled exactly the way the prophets of Yahweh God said.

For how can we disprove such great moments in the history of God's people like the fall of Jerusalem, or the crowning of Christ as King of the World as thiugh they did not occur?

Jesus even gave us today living in 2020 the proofs we see around us of the time he would be crowned in heaven as portrayed in the opening of the scroll given him by God and each of the 7 seals we have seen occurred since 1914. we now are eagerly awaiting the revealing of great prophecies involving seal number 6.

Please inform yourselves of this all important prophecy which is the very next major experience this world will witness and tell all you can of this warning! This is the Christian's commission to give a witness to the world of the prophecies Jesus gave us in the last visions of John.

Bobcat

#4 Post by Bobcat » 10 months ago

Thank you Marina for your fine efforts.

For any interested in John S' comments about 70 years versus 50 (i.e. 49) years, see this post, under the sub-title Two More Examples.

Bobcat

Get out of her

#5 Post by Get out of her » 10 months ago

Without exception every single argument I have ever considered against the 2,520
"day for a year" calculation the scriptures produce that points to somewhere around 1914 in connection with prophesies such as found in accounts like Daniel 7:12-14 or Revelation 11:15 begins on a very mistaken premise. (Nu 14:34) (Ezek 4:6) Moreover this fact can be easily and firmly established with the scriptures.

What the ancient Babylonian armies laid siege to in 589 BC (or otherwise in a time frame in which King Nebuchadrezzar himself was identified by Jehovah as "my servant"), not only did not qualify as Jerusalem, it comprised the very ANTITHESIS of it! (Jer 25:9) This "foundation of twofold peace" (as Jerusalem is literally translated) between Jehovah and mankind or otherwise the very heart/seat of genuine theocratic authority and power on the earth is of course ultimately a "holy covenant" between these "two" entities that exists in good "STANDING," or otherwise has not been compromised by an "apostasy" by those identified as "acting wickedly against" and even "LEAVING the holy covenant." (Da 7:4 11:30-32) In other words a "FALL" of Jerusalem consists of precisely the same thing that constitutes a "FALL of Babylon the Great" in ANY of the "seven time" frames it was foretold to be spiritually cleansed and FUNCTIONING as Jehovah's "servant" or even a "faithful town" as OPPOSED to a "prostitute." (Da 4:32) (2 Ki 5:14) (1 Sa 2:5) (Jer 15:9) (Isa 1:21)

As accounts such as Daniel 11:30-32 and 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 help us to appreciate, each and every "time" over the SPAN of this foretold 2,520 years in which Jehovah's kingdom or marriage covenant is violated with spiritual adultery/unfaithfulness, this SPIRITUAL "fall" (as opposed to a literal or even military one) would consist of precisely what is confirmed for us in scriptures like Revelation 11:8 and 18:2. Yes regardless of whether it was being ruled over by Hebrew or even ROMAN kings at the "time," ("gentile times") in the event of a broken kingdom covenant this place identified here as "where their Lord was also impaled" is BY NO MEANS recognized by Jehovah as Jerusalem! Quite to the contrary, what WAS Jerusalem is now identified as "in a SPIRITUAL sense SODOM and EGYPT...! (Re 11:8) (Lu 21:24) This now "FALLEN" "sanctuary" is not only NO LONGER occupied by Jehovah's Holy Spirit, it has by means of this spiritual "harlotry" managed to become even a "disgusting thing that causes desolation" or what the Apostle John Identified as "the dwelling place of DEMONS..."! (Re 18:2)

While I am fully aware that this goes completely against the grain of the seemingly endless stream of false programming we have all been subjected to all our lives that has ALWAYS been cleverly designed to keep us in spiritual darkness (as if it were a "NEW song that NO ONE could master but the 144,000…"), what we are ACTUALLY considering here with this military siege by the Babylonians between 589 and 586 BC is a destruction of the "Great Harlot" at the hands of "BABYLON THE GREAT"! (Re 14:3) More specifically this would be the "FIRST" of the "seven times" this was foretold to occur over a period of 2,520 years.

You see "Babylon the Great" ONLY qualifies as a "great harlot" when it has "fallen" and is no longer functioning as Jehovah's "servant." What we need to understand here is that this is simply another way of saying the following:

In the foretold 2,520 year time span of the "times of the nations" when even FOREIGN kings would be included among the divinely appointed and even "ANOINTED" rulers of Jehovah's people, Jerusalem or otherwise GENUINE/LEGITIMATE theocratic authority and power on the earth would "BECOME" a "prostitute" each and every "time" of the "seven times" it was foretold to violate the "holy covenant" or otherwise precisely what ALWAYS QUALIFIED it as the "foundation of two-fold peace" between God and man in the first place. (Isa 1:21 44:28 45:1) Compare (Eze 23:1-4)

Well would this information perhaps clear up any confusion on our parts when we endeavor to pinpoint the time that this foretold 2,520 years of "exile" and foreign "captivity" of God's people would begin by doing perfectly reasonable things like simply counting backwards 70 years from 539 BC? Yes endeavoring to recognize somewhere around the year 609 BC as when this foretold "exile" would begin would seem rather confusing indeed if we are not even so much as aware of what COMPRISES a "fall" of God's nation or kingdom here on the earth. However when we are reminded that a broken marriage covenant between God and man is something that the scriptures have ALWAYS associated with Jehovah's appointed earthly shepherds crawling into bed or otherwise forming a NEW covenant/alliance with things like EGYPT, a starting point of 609 BC suddenly makes PERFECT SENSE. The fact is that 609 BC is PRECISELY around the time that King Jehoiakim of ancient Judah formed an official agreement that actually PROSTITUTED God's nation to none other than ---wait for it--- EGYPT! (2 Ki 23:33-35)

Yes just as Jerusalem (whether literal/material or "heavenly") has ALWAYS been used to primarily point to what it actually REPRESENTS in a symbolic manner, so too in the case of this foretold "exile" of God's people FROM it. (He 12:22) At the time that LITERAL Jerusalem was suffering complete destruction between 586-589 BC as the first of the "seven" foretold manifestations of the "Great Harlot," GOD'S people were already in Babylon experiencing the loving care of SPIRITUAL Jerusalem with NEWLY anointed and appointed theocratic rulers such as Daniel, (now called Belteshazzar) Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego, and even King Nebuchadrezzar himself. (Da 2:48, 49 5:12)

In other words, the FAITHFUL or even ATONING actions of Jehovah's prophets or "two witnesses" (which appear to have been Ezekiel and Jeremiah on this first of the "seven" foretold occasions) had at least in an illustrative sense allowed for a RENEWED kingdom covenant or otherwise the first of the "seven births of the barren woman" (comings of God's kingdom) that had been foretold to occur in this 2,520 year period of foreign "exile" or "captivity" all along. (1 Sa 2:5) (Jer 15:9) (Re 11:3, 7, 11, 12) Notice we never find any mention of Ezekiel or Jeremiah in ancient Babylon. Daniel and his faithful companions appear to actually have represented more specifically the EARTHLY "camp of the Shulammite" on this occasion, who much like the apostles of Jesus and John the Baptist in the first century with the FIFTH "birth of the barren woman" were essentially left behind on the earth to continue ministering more DIRECTLY to God's people. (Song 6:13)

SPEAKING of Jeremiah, the fact is this ancient prophet at some point CONFIRMED the time frame of 609 BC as the official starting point of the 2,520 years of foreign captivity and exile of Jehovah's people right there in Jeremiah 1:3. Here we find him explicitly pinpointing the moment of this "exile" beginning with the reign of ancient "King Jehoiakim." Historians seem to all agree that this king began his reign in the year 609 BC or otherwise not long after his faithful father Josiah was killed. This in turn would of course appear to point more particularly to the year 1912 as opposed to 1914 as being the time in which God's kingdom (or even "Jerusalem") would receive its full foretold authority in the HEAVENS, even if not yet being established for the final foretold time on the EARTH in connection with what would subsequently be identified as an "EIGHTH king." (Re 17:11) This all appears to point to the United Nations. But another thing we might want to take note of here is that it was actually (as I've mentioned before) Sir Isaac Newton evidently who initially pointed to this time frame of the early 1900s in connection with this "times of the nations" prophecy (or more specifically when this foretold 2,520 year period was foretold to end), as opposed to the International Bible Student's Association that we were always led to believe. (Lu 21:24) (Da 4:23, 32)

Nevertheless this final foretold "coming of the kingdom" is associated with an "eighth king" for the reason that the foretold 2, 520 years or otherwise the "SEVEN births of the barren woman" involving the "GENTILE times" would already by this time have experienced their fulfillment. The long anticipated Millennial Reign would of course not involve any foreign and in fact even any HUMAN government. (1 Cor 15:51-53) (Re 5:10) Moreover it is precisely for the reason that this fourth and final foretold manifestation of SPIRITUAL Israel would be "something different from all the other..." that it was symbolically prefigured for us in PRECISELY this manner with the "fourth" birth of the FLESHLY nation of Israel. (Da 7:7)

Agape love;
Sol

John S

#6 Post by John S » 10 months ago

i think what Jesus said here applies masterfully as regards 607bce to 1914 ce when Jesus opened the first of 7 seals and wS crowned and commissioned to go to wR in heaven against Satan and his heaven wide allies: most likely in many galaxies and star systems. Rev. 6:1,2

1914 saw distinctive fulfillment of what seals 2,3,&4 war, deadly plague, famine and starvation and animal strikes.

Jesus also foretold rising or high tides would occur and we have witnessed this in typhoons of unprecedented size and frequency and earthquake related tsunamis.

Just as Cyrus was impressed with the pinpoint accuracy of Jeremiah's time prophecy and also 'my servant Cyrus' recognition of his role as God's executioner foretold slightly less than 200 years before he conquered Babylon in 539bc.... we cannot help but be impressed by the epichal events of the very year of 1914 and how they began fulfilling the sign Jesus gave as recorded in several places and manners by Chris

Marina

#7 Post by Marina » 10 months ago

John - if 607 BCE is the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar, the 2nd year of Nebuchadnezzar cannot be 606 BCE.
Marina

John S

#8 Post by John S » 10 months ago

Ok,

You and others continue to ignore the Astonishment of Cyrus when the prophets or Levite’s, Priests, whoever brought him the scrolls of Isaiah and Jeremiah. His reaction was immediate!

He proclaims total freedom to the Jews and makes a solemn decree to finance an expedition of captives back to Judaea to rebuild the temple and walls and city. He acknowledges Yahweh as the true God of Heaven. And acknowledges God’s Spirit upon him to make his wars successful, even describing in detail the opening of the doors the night Babylon fell as a drunken party was going on.

The prophecy brought from Jeremiah specifically foretells 70 years of desolation. If on 48 or 50 had passed, Cyrus and the Jews would have waited around another twenty years to fulfill prophecy.....

.....but NO! Cyrus JUMPED at the chance while there was Saltillo time and hurried to get the Jews back in their homeland by 537. BC elsewise, the prophecy would not have been perfectly fulfilled and GOD would be proved a liar....a weakling.

I’m not sure where the scriptures you are referring to are?

I am sure of human nature and Kingly vanity as it is displayed all the time in history. And Kings and Chronicles the two books dealing with the Kingdom of Judah and the Kings all who were of that lineage leading to Christ, revealed the selfish and immature behavior of Kong’s bent on their own will, not Yahweh’s.

In your efforts, as others do here.....you seek to show the Bible is wrong, and in error. Instead of paying attention to what is supremely important, such as the sign Jesus gave about his return, or the instructions on how to become ‘One’ with Christ and Yahweh God.

Here , on this site, like others I have seen come and go since 2009, it begins by an unhealthy world view and critical thinking, not having to do with faith, hope, love and charity.

Of course I aim at WT myself, so, I cannot say I’m free from being critical of the hierarchy, but the teachings incongruent with Christ’s, which is actually winning against the Holy Spirit.

Have you out there as a reader coming here......have you personally read the entire Bible through, to see the beauty, the power , the vital lessons that grow faith, inspire adoration of Father Yahweh and Christ Jesus the one who sacrificed to add to the Bible the most important knowledge for the last days?

Or, rather , are you relying on everyone else to do research and Bible reading, because you, do not like to read the Word. Its hard to concentrate, you say. Or it’s boring.

Well, then you must push yourself and MAKE yourself become a student of Christ, and a subject of the Kingdom and a worshiper of Father Yahweh.

Yes, I use the Divine Name as it is given in Hebrew. If that’s a problem for anyone, it shouldn’t be.

Well, Marina, you have read my essays for years. You know I love the Lord and Father. So, you didn’t scold me, just asked a question. I know you are trying to help others see the WT is a man made religion.GOOD!

1914 , and 2,520 years is not a WT original teaching it is Biblical.others far better scholars than Russell were working on this particular time prophecy 150 years or longer before Russell came around. He was good at grabbing glory for what others’ hard work discovered.

“Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive?” .....a worshiper of God asks those of us who get puffed up with pride in our ‘discoveries’ of so called ‘truth’ or human achievement.

Everything we know about God has been spoon fed to us through the Spirit and the earthly or angelic or Son of God messengers.

So......my ranting and raving here may shed some more light on my view of the so-called professional scholars many here follow as wise and knowledgeable. I garner my understanding most all the time, by just reading the word after praying. The Spirit has opened my mind many times as I read and reflect and meditate on the accounts.

I recommend Jesus’ words one more time tonight. “I and the Father are One.”

You....you can become One with Christ and Father Yahweh, by prayer, meditation, and receive the Holy Spirit on your Bible reading. John 17

Allow the Spirit to teach you, resist going too deep into Biblical criticism. You may find out it will decay the very thing you are trying to strengthen....your faith.

Bobcat

#9 Post by Bobcat » 10 months ago

Hi Marina,

This post has a year-by-year listing of the Babylonian kings from Nabonidus (of whom Belshazzar was a co-regent) and counting backwards to Nebuchadnezzar II.

This listing shows that 587/86 is the only possible time for Jerusalem to have been destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar, assuming the Bible is correct (which I do) when it dates it to Nebuchadnezzar's 19th year.

Marina, it is John S who is defaming God's Word, not you or me. (For readers who are interested, this post has a link regarding what John S refers to as "48 or 50 years." The link shows that the 49 years between 587/86 to 538/37 fits perfectly with Mosaic Law provisions regarding land ownership.

Perhaps John S should spend more time on basic math skills instead of judging others. He doesn't seem to have figured out that this is why many don't respond to his posts. (Pr 22:24 NET; Compare, for example, this post.)

Bobcat

AmosAu3

#10 Post by AmosAu3 » 10 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

Totally agree with your post.

The WTS have done a great job of blinding the eyes of most of their flock...past and present.

As I may have said in the past concerning the dating of the fall of Jerusalem, the year 607 BCE is a non event. The actual destruction of the temple and the city began in 587 and was completed in 586 BCE.

I get so tired of people not doing the math, as you said. History shows the Priests were still officiating in the Temple until the destruction, 586 BCE. The Temple was still functioning until this time.

As Marina has previously shown, the WTS have fooled their flock with false dates. I'll add, I don't believe the release from Babylon in 537 BCE was the completion of the 70 years of captivity. This is of course another topic.

Regards, Amos.