Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Message
Author
John S
Posts: 1159
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

#11 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Now, you may wonder,

.....” John S.....how did you arrive at these conclusions as a JW for 35 years?”

Simple.

I raised my kids to be Witnesses, and My wife was a born in Witness as I was.

But after 1975, things really started unraveling for WT.

WE!.....publishers,......members......would get blamed and chastised for having doubts. We were pushed to advertise the JW religion in strict sermons and not deviate from whatever interpretation on ANY SUBJECT, because the Faithful Slave was inspired ,and only they had the commission from ‘Jehovah’ and only them.

Stranger
Posts: 2397
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

#12 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

John S wrote: 1 year ago I raised my kids to be Witnesses, and My wife was a born in Witness as I was.

I didn't know this, I had you figured for a convert not a born in, but wasn't sure. So if I've gotten the facts right, you have been disassociated for about the last 30 years?

35 years from whence you were born, and I believe you said you are 65 now. Of course there may have been times during the first 35 years when you could have been in or out that would have overlapped that I'm not taking into consideration* that would change those time frames presented from above.
John S wrote: 1 year ago We were pushed to advertise the JW religion in strict sermons and not deviate from whatever interpretation on ANY SUBJECT, because the Faithful Slave was inspired ,and only they had the commission from ‘Jehovah’ and only them.
Speaking of advertising:

Chapter 7, Proclaimers book pg 72, ..... "I know something about the Law of the Loyal"....

Where do you think you would be right now if you didn't start out with Jehovah's Witnesses?


Stranger, (Ps 56:3-4 KJV)*

John S
Posts: 1159
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

#13 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Hi Stranger

No i was raised in the ‘truth’ and in the 50s and 60s i read the old ‘Paradise’ book and went to assemblies and meetings too but drew away to bad neighborhood kids and secretly smoking and 60s soft drugs : weed, lsd Hash and peyote but almost tipped my truck over one night high on mescaline with 5 in the front seat and about 8 in the bed sitting on the side rail

That night i quit using drugs and smoking and came into my moms bedroom At dawn and told her what i had been doing and was gonna get a bible study and get baptized. I was sweet 16 and thats what i did. I was very zealous in school packing a green Bible around in my coat pocket and witnessed to everyone about armageddon and 1975. It was 1970

John S
Posts: 1159
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

#14 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Where do I think I’d be if I wasn’t with Witnesses?

Well im a believer in genetics . Such as the scriptures repeatedly refer to us sons of God as predetermined according to Gods foreknowledge. In my soul my deepest personality is my burning desire to worship God and even though for a few years I was doing drugs drinking and smoking it was inevitable i would come back to God.

It is what defines me as a person l....my love for my Creator “.. and like others like us, i pray all day and night to God and Christ. I even chat with the Holy Spirit too sometimes. He’s like an Uncle to me and has his own personality fun and humorous too . We laugh together and He does miracles for me when they are sorely needed which in this time we are living is nearly every day because i scramble to find work and DO THE WORK in this summer heat.

I am supporting three families in the Philippines aside from my own bills and food.

Right now I am stretched out tight like a rubber band .... my daughter is born again and we are in the Word online and on messenger daily she is on fire too. Was a JW too but no more. She is married with three kids and lives 80 miles away up near Jackson, MS

I had a house built in the Phils for my wife and 4 kids but having problems because of covid i can ot go there to see her and its been two years since we were together.

There is new truth coming out about covid and conspiracies are being exposed, surely all here know it was designed by lab workers even some from the US and apparently launched from the Wuhan labs which Gates was not so secretly funding too.

Doesn’t mean its not a real killer but many doctors are releasing news that there are actual cures in the form of chloroquine an anti- malarial drug, and several others which of course US medical authorities have banned. Oh yeah the shadow govt we call the Wild Beast to come is launching the formation of a powerful one world govt as prophesied and the poisoning by vaccination and the buying and selling with a tattoo like mark. As all foretold millennia ago.

“I, Yahweh , shall speed it up in its own time, “ says one prophesy

Stranger
Posts: 2397
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

#15 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

John S wrote: 1 year ago No i was raised in the ‘truth’ and in the 50s and 60s i read the old ‘Paradise’ book and went to assemblies and meetings too
Oh yes, The creamy Orange Sickle book, or perhaps a Red Octopus* with "8" full grown tentacles now.

A.K.A: Parrotize book, I still uncontrollably mock it from time to time due to it's residual effects. :lol:

Can you say: [atch] [ower] [ible] [ract] ? Answers if needed are on page 73 lower right, and page 74 upper left of the Proclaimers book.
John S wrote: 1 year ago We laugh together and He does miracles for me when they are sorely needed
I know exactly what you mean John S and so does Mr. Green. :mrgreen:
John S wrote: 1 year ago I was very zealous in school packing a green Bible around in my coat pocket

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8izf-oXY4

Cunning is just that. (Dan 8:25)

But, Policy is Policy!

Stranger, (Dan 8:25 KJV)

ilBereano
Posts: 22
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

#16 Post by ilBereano » 1 year ago

Regarding "Jehovah's [Earthly] Organization ....

I have read the Bible .

I have never found the word “organization”, nor the fact that God would ever had or has an "organization" on earth .
The humans want to understand through the word “organization” God’s theocratic arrangement. BUT what really would fit with this word (organization), it is found only in Heavens !

God’s Organization (theocratic arrangement) is in Heaven and it is Heavenly.

And when Jesus Christ came on earth , he did not call it “God’s organization” but God’s KINGDOM !
WHAT is God's Organization (Kingdom) ?
According to Jesus words in Matthew 6 :10
"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so on earth."
...we understand that His Organization (Kingdom) means the "state" or the "arrangement" where His will is done [not only at the declarative level]....
... and where God's authority is manifested >>> that implies that in God's Kingdom the willful sinner (or God's opponent) is immediately punished to death! - Psalms 101: 8.
...
And furthermore, Jesus has taught us that Father’s will is that this [Heavenly] Kingdom to come on earth.
And he taught us to pray for that.
And because Father commanded to Jesus followers to “obey the Son” (Matt.17:5), we are praying until today “Let Your Kingdom come…”

That is the most powerful proof that “God’s Organization” is not on earth today, because we all admit that His Kingdom is not here yet ( we are still praying for it to come) !

Well, but then , what does God has on earth ?
He says He has a people ! ... Acts 15:14 / Titus 2:14
But has He always had “a people” on earth ?
NO ! because the history of His chosen people begun with God’s “pulling his people out of Egypt”.
So, before of that event God had individuals and "family" .
When the Israelites entered in Egypt they were a “family” (of seventy souls). And there they have become a "people". Genesis 46:6,27.

And what God always had on earth are “human souls” because He is the OWNER of them ... Ezekiel 18:4
“Behold, all souls are Mine;
the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine
The soul who sins will die."

What is God doing “always” is as it follows :
"The LORD looks down from heaven
on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God."
Psalm 14:2.

So, we can say that “always” God has been having on earth individuals who “seek after Him”, to know (understand) Him – but not "organization"!

Now , Jesus has formed the “Christian community” within which God’s Kingdom has to come .
And how does He did it ?
To the "two greatest commandments" (to love God…and the neighbor) Jesus has added another one through which He fixed the "center" of the "Christian community".

As a planet is formed by firstly fixing its “center/point of gravity” so did Jesus:
He gave “a new commandment” to His followers:
34.“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
John 13:35.

Through these words Jesus has fixed the “center of gravity” for the Christian community !
There was never need for a human "organization" to keep His faithful ones united !
That commandment works (like a gravitational force) in those who really have faith in Jesus and it produces unity (not uniformity).
Within this (worldwide) "community" (or ekklesia) the Heavenly Kingdom of God will “come on earth” in short time / at God’s established time.

==========

Regarding the much used phrase:“God doesn’t deal with individuals, only with his organization” there is an inspired scripture proving how God deals with men:

Job 34:29
"When He keeps quiet, who then can condemn?
And when He hides His face, who then can behold Him,
>>> That is, in regard to both nation and man. "

So, Jehovah deals with “both nation and man”/ individuals and group of individuals/people/nation (his people)...

... while He may be "at peace" with a certain His servant , at the same time He may be "angered" over His nation , as a "whole"

... while He may be "at peace" with His "people" , He may manifest His anger over a certain "individual" who proves to be "law transgressor"

ilBereano

AmosAu3
Posts: 456
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

#17 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hello Brother Rus,

Thanks for posting your latest comments. I always like to read your thoughts.

I hope you are staying safe in Romania during the current worldwide health crisis.

Kind regards, Amos.

Stranger
Posts: 2397
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Examine this.....the Worship of Jehovah and his Organization

#18 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Bumping this thread because I just reread it when I saw it reading Goghtherefore's worship Jesus thread and I thought it was pretty cool. I didn't like the way JohnS was spelling the name Jehovah and he did receive somewhat of a rebuke from me for it. I miss ol' hardcore JohnS, has anyone heard from him?


Stranger

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest