Chiastic Structure in Exodus

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Chiastic Structure in Exodus

#1 Post by Bobcat » 10 months ago

[Gathering Resources]

John Bimson (here) and see list of studies near bottom. And a Google search list related to his studies here.

WT 3/20 p. 30

James K. Hoffmeier: Google listing here.

David Rohl: Google listing here.

Bobcat

Return to Main Index

Bobcat

Re: Chiastic Structure in Exodus

#2 Post by Bobcat » 9 months ago

A video entitled, Patterns of Evidence: Exodus: Here.

It's on my list to watch. Bookmarked for later.

Bobcat

Return to Main Index

Bobcat

#3 Post by Bobcat » 8 months ago

An interesting video of someone discussing the subject of God hardening the heart of Pharaoh. A point of note in all this is how the NWT renders all the related verses to say that God "let" or "allowed" Pharaoh's heart become hard.

The video isn't about the NWT. I just mentioned the above as an interesting aside. And the Hebrew (in the Exodus accounts) and the Greek (of Rom 9:18) give no reason to render them as God 'letting' this happen to Pharaoh. But like I said, that is an aside.

It is interesting to see how the speaker develops this topic. Some see in God's hardening of Pharaoh a lack of fairness on God's part, or an abridgement of Pharaoh's free will.

Bobcat

Return to Main Index

Bobcat

#4 Post by Bobcat » 8 months ago

For reference purposes and for anyone interested, here is Josephus' account of the exodus from Egypt as it occurs in Antiquities of the Jews (II, 15, 1ff).

(II, 15, 1ff = Book 2, chapter 15, starting in paragraph 1; "ff" means 'and the following pages or paragraphs')

BobcBobcat

Return to Main Indexat

Bobcat

#5 Post by Bobcat » 1 week ago

Here is another video on the exodus, Exodus Rediscovered: (Unfortunately the video has been taken down.)

Bobcat

Return to Main Index

Bobcat

#6 Post by Bobcat » 5 days ago

The author of the video in the post above took down his video for what he felt were inaccuracies in it. I'll keep watching for when he posts an updated version. (Here is were he explains. If I am understanding him correctly, he now feels that the Exodus happened in the time of Ramesses. But I might have to reread his explanation. I'm not totally sure that that is what he was saying. Ramesses would put the exodus in the 1300s-1275 BCE.)

Bobcat

Return to Main Index