Revelation

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
coccus ilicis

Re: Revelation

#271 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 month ago

Prelude to the thousand-year reign – Part 3
Continued

In post 266 above I said:
Make no mistake, we are in the midst of a war for our minds and hearts (Jhn 17:14,15,16). One needs to be aware that there is no fence-sitting in this war.
Understanding what is at stake I have posted the following comment in the comments section under this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StqZI9p ... e=emb_logo
What astounds me is that some are gullible enough to believe this, which is nothing more than the tooth fairy lore - According to tooth fairy lore when a child loses a baby tooth, they should place it under their pillow when they go to bed that night. While asleep, the tooth fairy comes to collect it and leaves money or a small gift in exchange.

In this case, they find skeletal remains and weave a fantastical tale without a shred of evidence to support it, in effect saying that millions of years can accomplish that which intelligence, i.e. man, has thus far failed to do in carefully controlled lab experiments.

There is however an alternative explanation with plenty of evidence to support it and which makes more sense. The first homo sapien/modern man left us his written account of what happened, see posts 364, 365, & 366 at this link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2345&start=360

Now we will see what happens. If the comment remains it may stimulate a discussion or at least help those sitting on the fence investigate the alternative scenario. If it is deleted it will help us understand where we stand in this war for minds and hearts.
LRW~

coccus ilicis

#272 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 month ago

Correction to post 271 above.
In post 266 above I said: Make no mistake, we are in the midst of a war for our minds and hearts (Jhn 17:14,15,16). One needs to be aware that there is no fence-sitting in this war.
It should say in post 269 on page 27 it says.

It just goes to show what happens when I lose my cool. But the subject covered in the youtube video is a subject that I have often had to tackle in the field and really have no desire to deal with again, but needs must.
The two-word idiom, meaning “it's necessary” or “it's unavoidable,” is probably a shortening of the proverb “needs must when the devil drives

On seeing the crowds he, [Jesus], felt pity for them because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd...And he told his disciples ... the harvest is great but the workers are few... and that they should beg the master of the harvest that he should send out more workers into his harvest (Mt 9:36, 37,38).

The kingdom of the heavens is like a man, a householder who went out early to hire workers for his vineyard. When he had agreed with the workers for a denarius for a day, he sent them forth into the vineyard. Going out about the third hour, he saw others standing unemployed in the marketplace. And he told them also to go into the vineyard. And did so again at the sixth and ninth hour ...Finally about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing, and he said to them, 'Why have you been standing here all day unemployed?' They said to him, 'Because nobody has hired us.' He said to them, 'You too go into the vineyard.'
At the end of the day when the workers came to collect their wages, those who had started work early figured they would get more, but they were paid the same wage as the eleventh-hour starters, and they began to murmur against the householder. Who reproved them, asking whether it was not lawful for him to do what he wanted to with his own things ...In this way, the last ones will be first and the first ones last... (Mt 20:1-16).

This is the eleventh hour and there are still many unemployed out there. ...Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered, and secret that will not become known. What I tell you in the darkness, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, preach from the housetops... (Mt 10:26,27).

We need to take a leaf out of Paul’s book and widen out
LRW~

coccus ilicis

#273 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 month ago

coccus ilicis wrote:
1 month ago
Prelude to the thousand-year reign – Part 3
Continued

Understanding what is at stake I have posted the following comment in the comments section under this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StqZI9p ... e=emb_logo
What astounds me is that some are gullible enough to believe this, which is nothing more than the tooth fairy lore - According to tooth fairy lore when a child loses a baby tooth, they should place it under their pillow when they go to bed that night. While asleep, the tooth fairy comes to collect it and leaves money or a small gift in exchange.

In this case, they find skeletal remains and weave a fantastical tale without a shred of evidence to support it, in effect saying that millions of years can accomplish that which intelligence, i.e. man, has thus far failed to do in carefully controlled lab experiments.

There is however an alternative explanation with plenty of evidence to support it and which makes more sense. The first homo sapien/modern man left us his written account of what happened, see posts 364, 365, & 366 at this link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2345&start=360

Now we will see what happens. If the comment remains it may stimulate a discussion or at least help those sitting on the fence investigate the alternative scenario. If it is deleted it will help us understand where we stand in this war for minds and hearts.
It appears the above comment I posted under the video has started a bit of a storm in a teacup, there were 29 replies to my posts, check out the link to the youtube video above. Perhaps this is a way to reach those who are not members of this forum.
LRW~

coccus ilicis

#274 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 month ago

Chapter 20

Prelude to the thousand-year reign – Part 4

On page 27 in post 269 I posted an excerpt from an article that reveals how the BBC and Reuters organized teams of YouTubers to instigate regime change in Russia and pointed out that the harlot has
been even more active in promoting a regime change in the kingdom of the heavens and replacing it with a religious rule under her control
After the vision of earthly events, (Rev 13:1-18), John sees the heavenly aspect of those events, (Rev 14:1-4). He then sees a different, (see, other/different Rev 14:6,8,9) angel/messenger flying in mid-heaven, followed by a second one and then a third (Rev 14:6,8,9). Mid-heaven occurs in only two other places in the Bible (Rev 8:13;19:17). So what might it symbolize? Paul speaks of being caught away to the third heaven (2Cor 12:2) possibly above the earth's atmosphere and above the protective layer of the Van Allen belts, so mid heaven would refer to our heaven or sky ...birds flying in mid-heaven (Rev 19:17). Another clue that helps us make sense of what it says is that the first messenger declaring good news calls out to people of all nations and tribe and tongues in a loud voice telling them ...Fear God and give Him glory because the hour of judgement by him has arrived, and so worship the one who made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters... (Rev 14: 6,7).

This is the first time in the history of humankind when people no longer believe in a God that created all things. And this is the first time when all peoples can simultaneously hear the same message in their own language from a messenger sitting at his or her keyboard. Does Mid-heaven refer to cyber-space, the online medium we are using right now here on this forum? Is that the reason why the angel/messenger is referred to as different?

But if we are to be the ones that call out with a loud voice ...Fear God and give Him glory because the hour of judgment by him has arrived, and so worship the one who made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters. What do we say to those to whom the message is directed, the ones who no longer believe in God? Do we debate the issue with them using the same unprovable creationist reasoning and the religious scenario that has been around for centuries which has made no headway among unbelievers, with their numbers growing by the day? Could it be that what we tell them is just as unbelievable as the evolution tooth-fairy tale presented in the following video?

We need to consider the possibility that the reasons for those that believe there is no God are as valid as those who believe there is a God. What do we say to those who say: Nope. Genesis is copied from earlier pagan sources from Mesopotamia. Genesis is NOT supported by any science and is in fact, refuted in detail by science ... Oh, grow up!!! Noah's Flood was copied from the same stories!!! Look up the "Epic of Gilgamesh". It is the Pagan original of Genesis..., or, You do realize that almost every culture in the world has a flood legend and they are all very different from each other. These are some of the replies I received; see Comments under the video at the youtube site, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StqZI9pMq0U),here.

In order to understand the situation, consider your own case, you most probably at one time believed that the gov. body of JWs was the FDS or a similar scenario to whatever you believed in the past, and at that time you defended that belief vigorously. But there came a time when you rejected the belief because new information came to light that showed that you had been wrong. The time has now come to examine new information that changes what we have been led to believe about the Genesis creation and flood account.

The KEY to understanding Genesis and getting it right is in answering the question, 'Who wrote Genesis?' Many here, will be amazed at the convoluted theories that have been put forward by religion in answer to this question, (read first part of this link, Genesis Authorship). Reading on it says ...More recently, scholars and archaeologists have uncovered excellent proofs of the truth of the Bible’s historicity...There have been complete libraries uncovered, and enough translations made to confirm Biblical events described in the lives of the patriarchs... Several of these libraries date from long before Abraham’s time... some 20,000 clay tablets; many were legal documents describing laws and customs of the land... These explain a number of Biblical incidents that used to seem strange to us, but they were simply the normal customs of that era... When these tablets were first discovered they thought the cuneiform script was some kind of decoration and so they simply stored them in crates for safe-keeping in the museum.

But when they realized it must be writing, and effort was made to decipher them. Wikipedia: Cuneiform is a logo-syllabic script that was used to write several languages of the Ancient Near East...The script was in active use from the early Bronze Age until the beginning of the Common Era. It is named for the characteristic wedge-shaped impressions which form its signs. So it was a script similar to this, which is used for writing many different languages.

Wikipedia:Donald John Wiseman OBE FBA FSA (25 October 1918 – 2 February 2010)[1] was a biblical scholar, archaeologist and Assyriologist. He was Professor of Assyriology at the University of London from 1961 to 1982. In 1986 he published ‘Ancient Records and the Structure of Genesis.’He had found that most of the old clay tablets had “colophon phrases” at the end; these named the writer or owner of the tablet... The book was subsequently suppressed / privished. Google: to privish, "appears to be an AE term used to refer to publishing, when a publisher intentionally suppresses a book that might be embarrassing. It embarrassed the religious and scientific communities.

If one removes the chapter and verse divisions from Genesis and just looks for those identifying colophon phrases one finds who wrote what. The first document starts at Gen 1:1 and ends with ... this is the history of the heavens and the earth (Gen 2:4a). It does not say who the author is but it is clear that it does not come from a human source. Adam’s account starts at Gen 2:4b and ends with the words ...This is the book of Adams history, (Gen 5:1a). Noah’s account is next and ends with ...this is the history of Noah, (Gen 6:9a). Then comes the account of Noah’s three sons and it ends with the words ...And this is the history of Noah’s sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth, (Gen 10:1a) ...

It means that the individual’s named, were eye-witnesses who kept a record of what had happened. How should that effect our understanding of the creation and the flood account and how can one use this knowledge to counter the objections of the above youtube commentators ...Oh grow up!!! Noah's Flood was copied from the same stories!!! Look up the "Epic of Gilgamesh". It is the Pagan original of Genesis... or You do realize that almost every culture in the world has a flood legend and they are all very different from each other.

In Shem Ham and Japheth's account, it says ...And the waters overwhelmed the earth so greatly that all the tall mountains were covered... The first thing we have to change is the English translation of the Heb. word for 'earth' which can refer to biblehub Heb 776 = common, country, earth, field, ground, land, nation. Noah’s sons would not have thought of the earth as a planet as we do today, to them earth meant their immediate surrounds, i.e. the land in which they lived. So their account should say: ...and the waters prevailed on the land so greatly that all the high hills under all the heavens came to be covered... (Gen 7:19). That is what they saw. That and the rest that is written in Noah’s and his son’s account is what they personally experienced and what God had said to them.

Even if we have not personally experienced a flood, we have most likely watched videos. Floodwaters surge and people and animals race for high ground. The same happened in the time of the flood. At Ps 104:8 it adds that at that time the earth’s crust buckled with mountains being pushed up in places and deep rift sea valleys being formed in others, facts that are confirmed by geology. So yes the entire earth was inundated, but not all at the same time, with water racing off emerging mountains into deep rift valleys, as soft parts of the earth's crust collapsed under the weight of the water that had previously been above the expanse.

To get an accurate picture of what happened at that time, imagine what would happen in the aftermath of a nuclear war. Pockets of humans might survive here and there, not knowing if they were the only ones still alive, but they nonetheless record their experience. Their accounts all refer to the same war but differ greatly in what they thought had happened and what they saw. The biblical account of the flood is one such eye-witness account, but unlike the others, it also includes what God had said to them, the reasons for the flood and from where the water had come, (see post 366, here). And it also includes a promise which is good news, saying: ... never again shall I call down evil upon the ground on man’s account because the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up; and never again shall I deal every living thing a blow, just as I have done... (Gen 8:21).

This is different from what is generally believed about the biblical account of the flood, is it not?

But how does one reach those that don't believe in God with this information. Well if this different messenger in mid-heaven’ does refer to cyberspace one can use the comments section, as I have done, under videos and articles featured on this forum to inform readers and watchers of videos where they can find a Biblical view on the topic. My intention being to reach out to those who might be intrigued by what the Bible has to say about the momentous times we are living in. See how it is done by checking out the comments section on the youtube site of the above video. It is a great venue for sharing what we know to be true with people all over the world, not only that, any discussion that we have with one individual is read by many more. But one needs to remember whom they represent (Rev 12:17) and always be ready to apologise and make a public retraction if what they have said was wrong. Not only does one set an example when they do this but one is also teaching themselves what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. Leave the judging to him, our online conduct should reflect that we are bearing witness to Jesus.

No, we don’t need a large organizational structure to bring everlasting good news to people wherever they are. The means to help people to come to know the God who created all things is right under our fingertips. There still are many out there who would believe in God if it could be shown that the Genesis account is not just another tooth fairy tale ... Make the place of your tent more spacious, And let your tent cloths of your dwellings stretch out, lengthen your tent cords and strengthen your stakes. For to the right and to the left you shall expand and your seed will inherit the nations and will inhabit cities made desolate...(Isa 54:2,3 That indeed is everlasting good news to declare to all the nations, is it not?
LRW~

Stranger

#275 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

coccus ilicis wrote:
1 month ago
This is the first time in the history of humankind when people no longer believe in a God that created all things. And this is the first time when all peoples can simultaneously hear the same message in their own language from a messenger sitting at his or her keyboard. Does Mid-heaven refer to cyber-space, the online medium we are using right now here on this forum? Is that the reason why the angel/messenger is referred to as different?

Hi Coccus,

Could you go a little more in depth on this portion of your topic? This has my intrigued interest and I would love to be more informed on the current events that have begun to surround you. It's always best to get the news from grown ups. (Eph 2:2)

If you want to know what the difference of this peculiarly particular angel/messenger is, then I'll take you there. But pack up it's a hundred and forty four thousand miles away. ETA: Soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY3vgBzgYn4

Stranger, (Rev 14:3)

coccus ilicis

#276 Post by coccus ilicis » 3 weeks ago

Stranger wrote:
3 weeks ago
coccus ilicis wrote:
1 month ago

Hi Coccus,

Could you go a little more in depth on this portion of your topic? This has my intrigued interest and I would love to be more informed on the current events that have begun to surround you. It's always best to get the news from grown ups. (Eph 2:2)

If you want to know what the difference of this peculiarly particular angel/messenger is, then I'll take you there. But pack up it's a hundred and forty four thousand miles away. ETA: Soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY3vgBzgYn4

Stranger, (Rev 14:3)
Sure thing Stranger, all going well I'll update tomorrow.
I'd noticed that it said another angel 1,2,3, in the past but never bothered to check it. This time I felt the need, and looked up 'another,' and realized it must refer to a different messenger, one, two and three. I've taken it on board and just posted another follow-up comment in the comments section of the above video, check it out.

Your thought concerning the 144K is interesting but I think its a bit early to tell. I've noticed that scripture opens up as I go along. Often I will have in mind what I'm going to say but things go wrong and I won't post. But a couple of days later, when I've regained my balance, I know exactly what to write. It's a matter of internal personal growth, as Jesus said, one has to first remove the rafter from one’s own eyes in order to see clearly.

They are indeed momentous and exciting times to be living in.
LRW~

coccus ilicis

#277 Post by coccus ilicis » 3 weeks ago

coccus ilicis wrote:
3 weeks ago
Stranger wrote:
3 weeks ago
[
Further to the above, I post under the moniker 'E.' for elle in the comments section of youtube videos.
LRW~

Bobcat

#278 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Hi Stranger

CI wrote:
If one removes the chapter and verse divisions from Genesis and just looks for those identifying colophon phrases one finds who wrote what. The first document starts at Gen 1:1 and ends with ... this is the history of the heavens and the earth (Gen 2:4a). It does not say who the author is but it is clear that it does not come from a human source. Adam’s account starts at Gen 2:4b and ends with the words ...This is the book of Adams history, (Gen 5:1a). Noah’s account is next and ends with ...this is the history of Noah, (Gen 6:9a). Then comes the account of Noah’s three sons and it ends with the words ...And this is the history of Noah’s sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth, (Gen 10:1a) ...

You can see some of what CI said right here. (We here at DTT are on the ball! 8-) )

As for who wrote it, 2Ti 3:16 gets you to the bottom line, where the buck stops.

Wiseman's book is available used, but a bit pricey. I saw it from the $80 range on up to several hundred dollars. This isn't a sales pitch, but just to let you know.

Bobcat

Stranger

#279 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

coccus ilicis wrote:
3 weeks ago
Your thought concerning the 144K is interesting but I think its a bit early to tell.

(Mr 13:29)............................... Stranger wrote with emphasis:
Stranger wrote:
3 weeks ago
ETA: Soon!
coccus ilicis wrote:
3 weeks ago
Often I will have in mind what I'm going to say but things go wrong and I won't post. But a couple of days later, when I've regained my balance, I know exactly what to write. It's a matter of internal personal growth, as Jesus said, one has to first remove the rafter from one’s own eyes in order to see clearly.
I say to you woman: The log has been removed, that splinter that remains may require assistance removing. (Jn 14:26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj2KqGTUtkU

Just let it flow: "let your fingers do the walking and your helper do the talking." (Mr 13:11)

:hearteyes: ,

Stranger

Stranger

#280 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
3 weeks ago
(We here at DTT are on the ball! )

Hi Bobcat,

Not only on the Ball, but up on the Board too. Let me know if you need a cord.

We play only those that appeal to the Lord, the rest we cut with His Sword.

I got about a half a day of semi secular work to do today, but I'll bee around later to take care of spiritual things.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Stranger, (Ro 7:22 KJV)