Preventing the JW Anointed from Studying Together

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Genesis

Preventing the JW Anointed from Studying Together

#1 Post by Genesis » 1 year ago

The Governing Body has pressured the over 20,000 anointed not to gather together for Bible study.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines ... -with-you/

7 Anointed Christians do not feel that they should spend time only with other anointed ones, as if they were members of an exclusive club. They do not search out other anointed ones, hoping to discuss their anointing with them or to form private groups for Bible study. (Gal. 1:15-17) The congregation would not be united if anointed ones did those things. They would be working against the holy spirit, which helps God’s people to have peace and unity.​—Rom. 16:17, 18.

There can only be one reason for this the Governing Body fears the younger anointed.

(Matthew 18:18-20) . . .“Truly I say to YOU men, Whatever things YOU may bind on earth will be things bound in heaven, and whatever things YOU may loose on earth will be things loosed in heaven. 19 Again I truly say to YOU, If two of YOU on earth agree concerning anything of importance that they should request, it will take place for them due to my Father in heaven. 20 For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.”

The anointed MUST continue meeting together for private Bible study. Christ will be with them when they do. This is what the Governing Body fears most.

Genesis

Genesis

Re: Preventing the JW Anointed from Studying Together

#2 Post by Genesis » 1 year ago

Loving Christ more than our own soul this is how we must be.

Phoebe

#3 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

It’s funny, the Governing Body are a small group of professed ‘Annointed’ who gather together for private meetings, to interpret scripture, behind closed doors...excluding the worldwide ‘brother hood.’

Don’t they do exactly what they command other ‘Annointed’ NOT to do?

Let’s never forget that WT illustration of the GB at the top of the heirachy, gathered around an executive boardroom table, seated in executive swivel Pullman chairs....and as we followed the trail of leadership, the tables and chairs got smaller, humbler....until...

I think that may have been a ‘moment’ for me...I felt deeply that this was wrong...the ‘feel’ of it was so wrong.

I know they are just imperfect men, but they don’t ‘sit’ with the brotherhood.
And they have made scriptural interpretations that are misleading, dangerous and which ‘beat’ the brothers.

As professed Christians who claim leadership, there has to be accountability and transparency, with due care for the flock.

John S

#4 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Jesus said where two or three of his brothers are gathered together, there he will be in their midst.

THESE MEN HAVE NO AUTHORITY FROM GOD to place a rule on associating with fellow brothers.

They ridicule, slander and oppose those who partake of the bread and wine. They intimidate any new sons of God.

If these Gov. Body men were truly born of God’s Spirit, they would never do any of the above.

John 10

RR144

#5 Post by RR144 » 1 year ago

Interestingly back in Rutherford's day, the so called anointed were separated from the Great Crowd like segregation. This was during regular meetings and conventions

Orchid61

#6 Post by Orchid61 » 1 year ago

John 10:16

John 10:16 (ESV): 16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

Love
Maria

Stranger

#7 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Genesis wrote:
1 year ago
7 Anointed Christians do not feel that they should spend time only with other anointed ones, as if they were members of an exclusive club. They do not search out other anointed ones, hoping to discuss their anointing with them or to form private groups for Bible study. (Gal. 1:15-17) The congregation would not be united if anointed ones did those things. They would be working against the holy spirit, which helps God’s people to have peace and unity.​—Rom. 16:17, 18.

What a joke this is,... "as if they were members of an exclusive club", ... "the anointed would be working against the holy spirit".
--------------------------------------------(well aren't they?)-----------------------------------(How does the GB know this?)----------------------

Such silly remarks coming from the WT, but as we have come to know it's par for the course with them.

Are they trying to tell their flock that the anointed have become renegades, to avoid them at all costs?

They use this scripture (Ro 16:18) to describe the anointed? That's a big :redflag:. Heed the warning folks... heed the warning!

Stranger, (Obad 1:3)

Get out of her

#8 Post by Get out of her » 1 year ago

Phoebe wrote:

It’s funny, the Governing Body are a small group of professed ‘Annointed’ who gather together for private meetings, to interpret scripture, behind closed doors...excluding the worldwide ‘brother hood.’

Actually this comment reminded me of something Raymond Franz stated in his book--Crisis of Conscience. He was quick to acknowledge that before he was accepted as one of the Governing body members he envisioned them (like everyone else) as always gathered around the Bible endeavoring to prayerfully meditate on and discuss what the holy spirit was indicating to them on any given scriptural passage. He was disappointed to discover that most of the time they were actually not even discussing the Bible at all. They were most often considering things like what might qualify as a disfellowshipping offense.

Let’s never forget that WT illustration of the GB at the top of the heirachy, gathered around an executive boardroom table, seated in executive swivel Pullman chairs....and as we followed the trail of leadership, the tables and chairs got smaller, humbler....until...

I couldn't help but be reminded of how the "scribes and Pharisees" of the first century were looking down on their sheepfold as "amharets" which evidently was a way of saying that they were accursed or even people of the dirt. (Joh 7:49) Really its rather telling. If you cannot manage any respect at all for anyone who would follow you, what does that really say about your opinion of yourself?

Agape love;
Sol

Get out of her

#9 Post by Get out of her » 1 year ago

RR144 wrote:
Interestingly back in Rutherford's day, the so called anointed were separated from the Great Crowd like segregation. This was during regular meetings and conventions
That's another tidbit of information I was unaware of. Thank you for sharing it RR. I thought I might share a reason or two why I find things like this rather interesting:

Perhaps you are already aware I personally recognize the JW organization (or at least between the years of 1912 -1973) as the final foretold manifestation of what was prefigured for us with ancient Samaria after becoming isolated from its figurative Judean or otherwise its shepherding counterpart. Of course scriptures like Daniel 11:30-32 and 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 should help us to understand (in my estimation at least) that they would have begun qualifying as something far worse than merely idolatrous after that time. Nevertheless this would mean I recognize Rutherford as essentially filling the role that was prophetically pictured by the ancient Jeroboam.

This ancient Samaritan king was represented as immediately setting up his own priests who were not even Levites or otherwise were not truly anointed by Jehovah. (Le 4:16) Accounts such as found at 2 Chronicles 11:14-16 point out that he actually discharged the GENUINE priests either directly or otherwise by his unfaithfulness towards Jehovah. We can be certain it's no coincidence that the genuine priests are soon represented as not only "separating themselves" (2 Cor 6:17) (Mt 24:15, 16) from what verse 15 identifies as a now demon infested kingdom, but more specifically heading for Judea and Jerusalem to make "sacrifices" to Jehovah.

This is a pattern we find throughout the scriptures since this demon infestation is clearly identified as always being commensurate with a broken kingdom covenant. (Da 11;30-32) In turn, just as demonstrated for us also in the early part of the first century in the case of the fifth foretold "birth of the barren woman," a renewed kingdom covenant is always legitimized with a "sacrifice" or "blood inauguration." (1 Sa 2:5) (Jer 15:9) (Lu 22:29) (He 9:16-18) Of course Jerusalem itself was ultimately (at least largely) a heavenly representation, just as these ancient priests themselves ultimately foreshadowed the TEMPLE in Jerusalem. (He 8:5 12:22) (1 Cor 3:16) In other words the sacrifice being pictured here in 2 Chronicles 11:16 ultimately represented or prophetically foreshadowed a SELF sacrifice on the part of these priests or "firstfruits" of the spiritual harvest. (1 Cor 15:23)

Regardless, I will contend (based on these scriptures ALONE) that if these people that Joseph Rutherford was endeavoring to set apart from the "great crowd" during meetings and conventions actually WERE spirit anointed, they would at least generally not have been present at these events in the first place. In the case of any who at some point would later BECOME anointed, not only would they very much need to refrain from becoming involved with such shenanigans, but as always they would soon find themselves compelled to "flee" from what would now qualify as the "disgusting thing." (Mt 24:15, 16) (Re 12:6, 14)

Agape love;
Sol

Kerry Huish

#10 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 year ago

This is a scripture that is used often: -

(Hebrews 10:25) not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.

What the GB have done is similar to what Jer•o•boʹam did here: -

(1 Kings 12:26-30) Jer•o•boʹam said in his heart: “Now the kingdom will return to the house of David. If this people continues to go up to offer sacrifices at the house of Jehovah in Jerusalem, the heart of this people will also return to their lord, King Re•ho•boʹam of Judah. Yes, they will kill me and return to King Re•ho•boʹam of Judah.” After consultation, the king made two golden calves and said to the people: “It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem. Here is your God, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt.” Then he placed one in Bethʹel, and the other he put in Dan. And this caused them to sin, and the people went as far as Dan to worship the one there.

A fact, the anointed are encouraged to meet together and discuss their revelations and teachings, this is borne out here: -

(1 Corinthians 14:26-33) What is to be done, then, brothers? When you come together, one has a psalm, another has a teaching, another has a revelation, another has a tongue, and another has an interpretation. Let all things take place for building up. And if someone speaks in a tongue, let it be limited to two or three at the most, and in turns, and someone must interpret.But if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the congregation and speak to himself and to God. Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others discern the meaning.But if another one receives a revelation while sitting there, let the first speaker keep silent. For you can all prophesy one at a time, so that all may learn and all may be encouraged. And gifts of the spirit of the prophets are to be controlled by the prophets. For God is a God not of disorder but of peace.

If Paul was alive in the flesh today, the GB would have him dissfellowshipped for saying such a thing.

Kind regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”