CLAM: Research, Notes, & Comments

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

CLAM: Research, Notes, & Comments

#1 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

I was hoping that this thread might serve as a clearing house (of sorts) for "research, notes, & comments" about any given CLAM meeting. This way one need only consult one thread in order to see if, query for, or comment on, any particular piece of information being considered in the CLAM (Christian Life and Ministry) meeting.

For starters, there were two threads we had a few years ago that pertained to the CLAM meeting: Here & here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: CLAM: Research, Notes, & Comments

#2 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

The CLAM of the week of 12/2/19 covers Rev 7 thru 9 in the Bible reading. For any interested, here are some related links:

The book study at the end of the CLAM deals with Luke 17:20-37. Here are some links related to that:
'Where the body is, there the eagles/vultures will be'.

On the brief opportunity for Christians to flee in 66 CE.

Chart paralleling Rev 16, Mt 24, Dan 11 & 12.

(My purpose for this last link is to show that there is no fleeing foretold for Christians in the "great earthquake" of Rev 16. Luke 17 is describing things that would happen in the 1st century.)

Bobcat

Bobcat

#3 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Here are some items of interest in connection with the CLAM for 12/29/2019:
On who "comes to life" at the start of the 1000 years in Rev 20:4-6: Here.

On the application of the parable of the vineyard workers in Mt 20:1-15: Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#4 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Some items of interest in connection with the CLAM of 1/13/20:
On Genesis 3:16 and the judgment of Eve: Here.

On Genesis 4:26 and "Calling on the name of Jehovah": Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#6 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

For those interested in the weekly CLAM meeting, the previous post (just above) has a number of links related to research regarding this week's (1/20/20) Bible reading (Gen 6 thru 8).

Bobcat

Stranger

#7 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 year ago
For those interested in the weekly CLAM meeting, the previous post (just above) has a number of links related to research regarding this week's (1/20/20) Bible reading (Gen 6 thru 8).

Bobcat

Hi Bobcat,

Since I have never been to a CLAM meeting I cannot honestly say I'm not interested, sounds like some very interesting and timely articles, when compared with local atmospheric conditions and comprehensions. Is their anything that alarmed or reassured you of, while monitoring and researching this Bobcat? I would be very interested in your humble thoughts if you don't mind sharing.

Stranger, (Ps 45:17)

Bobcat

#8 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Hi Stranger,

The CLAM (sometimes called the "mid-week" meeting) always has a portion of scripture that is highlighted. This week it was Genesis chapters 6 thru 8. Next week it will be Genesis 9 thru 11. And it goes sequentially like that. It is paced so as to cover the whole Bible in an approximately three year period.

The links I had in the post above are mostly related to Genesis 6-8.

The book study in the CLAM this week also covered the parable of the minas in Luke 19:11-27. Unfortunately I did not have any links for material on this (it's on my todo list).

At any rate, part of my idea is to interest visitors to this sight with hopes of opening up their thinking processes. For the most part the meeting involves regurgitating WT ideas. Not all wrong, by the way, but it is an exercise in indoctrination.

I'm not totally sure if that answered your question. If not, you might have to narrow down what you were asking.

Bobcat

Stranger

#9 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 year ago
I'm not totally sure if that answered your question. If not, you might have to narrow down what you were asking.
Yes, a good portion of it (now I know the format). And that explains why the congregation or attendees is at Gen 6-8 and that also would put it at a new three year period if my math is correct? Unless this is the first year beginning the study.

Question: How many rungs on Jacob's ladder?
Question: How deep is Jacob's well?

Is that narrow enough? :)

Hope you are doing well tonight neighbor.

Stranger, (Ezk 12:24)

Bobcat

#10 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Hi Stranger,
Question: How many rungs on Jacob's ladder?
I had never given any thought to this before. This page at Wikipedia lists various views on the subject. The most interesting is regarding Jesus' allusion to it at Jn 1:51. I'll have to put that on my research list.

But anyways, the Wikipedia article lists ideas of 7 and 70 in connection with the rungs on Jacob's ladder. (Might need a separate thread for this.)

Question: How deep is Jacob's well?
Well, you know what he said, "Not as wide as a barn door, nor as deep as a well, but twill do, twill do. Come to me tomorrow and I shall be a grave man . . ."

No wait a minute. That was Romeo.

Let's see . . . how deep was Jacob's well?

Aha! Wikipedia again 'knows all things.' (1 Wiki 3:20) Here they say 41 meters or 135 feet.

This leads me to wonder how coconut shells get into England . . .

Bobcat