Chiastic Structure in Genesis

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Chiastic Structure in Genesis

#51 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

I added a link in post # 48 to an article in a web page called ScienceAlert entitled, Ancient Earth Really Was a Water World. The article can also be found here.

A related post with a link to an article on the geology of Mount Everest: Here.

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Bobcat

#52 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

I reorganized the Index post for this thread for more readability and added a couple of more references at the bottom in the "additional notes" section. The link for the index is below ("Genesis Index").

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Bobcat

Re: Chiastic Structure in Genesis [Toledot Links]

#53 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

A research paper (37 pages) in PDF format on the toledot narratives in Genesis: Here. The research, which is part of a large collection of research papers, can be found in The Journal of Hebrew Scriptures, which the home page can be found here.

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Stranger

#54 Post by Stranger » 6 months ago

This is from Bobcat's first post of this thread and by the way, there is an "under construction" indication labeled at the top of the same post. Upon current inspection I would recommend putting a hard hat on when referencing the resource of the one cited in the quote below.
Flood Narrative (Gen 6-9): Here.

Stranger

Bobcat

#55 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

Here ya' go Stranger.

This thread has become way more than I originally envisioned. And the book of Genesis is way more than an ancient collection of stories. Just the literary structure alone qualifies it as a work of art. It should be included in the ancient wonders of the world. (Ps 12:6)

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Stranger

#56 Post by Stranger » 6 months ago

Bobcat wrote:
6 months ago
And the book of Genesis is way more than an ancient collection of stories. Just the literary structure alone qualifies it as a work of art.
Stranger wrote,
Christ in Heaven who is the Grand Master of all art forms.
Bobcat wrote:
6 months ago
It should be included in the ancient wonders of the world. (Ps 12:6)
Jesus came to Earth to get the fire right for the furnace, which is where it (the furnace), has to be.

Stranger, (Gen 7:16)........(Gen 8:13)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYXxbtkGtW0

Bobcat

Re: Chiastic Structure in Genesis [Links Related to Nephilim]

#58 Post by Bobcat » 4 months ago

This post I am using to collect reference material regarding the Nephilim. A lot of what is out there is legendary in nature and appears to be the result of handed down stories that are drawn from the Genesis account in Gen 6:1-4. Even so, it may be useful to have links to some of it.
A PDF bringing together numerous quotes and accounts related to the Nephilim: Here.

A thread on Reddit AcademicBiblical (here) where there are comparisons with the book of Jude and the book of Enoch. This is indirectly related to the Nephilim.

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Stranger

#59 Post by Stranger » 4 months ago

Bobcat wrote:
4 months ago
This post I am using to collect reference material regarding the Nephilim. A lot of what is out there is legendary in nature and appears to be the result of handed down stories that are drawn from the Genesis account in Gen 6:1-4. Even so, it may be useful to have links to some of it.
Thank you Bobcat for the interesting reading. It's always good to hear legendary tales that just may be true.

I noticed one word that Raymond E. Fowler used to described them, which was "phantoms" I thought that was a very good one.

Stranger, (Isa 26:13-14)

Bobcat

Re: Chiastic Structure in Genesis [Link - Placing Hand Under Thigh]

#60 Post by Bobcat » 4 months ago

In post # 8 (here) regarding Isaac's marriage to Rebekah (Gen 24:1-66) I placed a link to a thread discussion in Reddit AcademicBiblical regarding the placing of the hand under the thigh whilst taking an oath. The thread had several references to this practice in the ANE.

The link is towards the bottom of the post.

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index