Chiastic Structure in Genesis

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Chiastic Structure in Genesis

#51 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

I added a link in post # 48 to an article in a web page called ScienceAlert entitled, Ancient Earth Really Was a Water World. The article can also be found here.

A related post with a link to an article on the geology of Mount Everest: Here.

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Bobcat

#52 Post by Bobcat » 4 weeks ago

I reorganized the Index post for this thread for more readability and added a couple of more references at the bottom in the "additional notes" section. The link for the index is below ("Genesis Index").

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Bobcat

#53 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

A research paper (37 pages) in PDF format on the toledot narratives in Genesis: Here. The research, which is part of a large collection of research papers, can be found in The Journal of Hebrew Scriptures, which the home page can be found here.

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Stranger

#54 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

This is from Bobcat's first post of this thread and by the way, there is an "under construction" indication labeled at the top of the same post. Upon current inspection I would recommend putting a hard hat on when referencing the resource of the one cited in the quote below.
Flood Narrative (Gen 6-9): Here.

Stranger

Bobcat

#55 Post by Bobcat » 1 week ago

Here ya' go Stranger.

This thread has become way more than I originally envisioned. And the book of Genesis is way more than an ancient collection of stories. Just the literary structure alone qualifies it as a work of art. It should be included in the ancient wonders of the world. (Ps 12:6)

Bobcat

Genesis Index
Return to Main Index

Stranger

#56 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 week ago
And the book of Genesis is way more than an ancient collection of stories. Just the literary structure alone qualifies it as a work of art.
Stranger wrote,
Christ in Heaven who is the Grand Master of all art forms.
Bobcat wrote:
1 week ago
It should be included in the ancient wonders of the world. (Ps 12:6)
Jesus came to Earth to get the fire right for the furnace, which is where it (the furnace), has to be.

Stranger, (Gen 7:16)........(Gen 8:13)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYXxbtkGtW0