The AntiChrist

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: The AntiChrist

#11 Post by Bobcat » 2 years ago

Incidentally, before I made this thread I did a search for threads on the antichrist and did not come up with anything that seemed to fit what I was looking for. Now, below, in the similar topic section is a thread by Stranger. I'll have to take a gander at that.

Bobcat

Get out of her

#12 Post by Get out of her » 2 years ago

Hello again guys:

Yes I do recall the topic you mention Bobcat and fortunately you will find a post of mine on it which is much more simple and concise. Upon reviewing my last post I would definitely have to agree it was information overload. Thanks everyone for not being too hard on me about it. Sometimes I imagine that I can make things more understandable or put everything in perspective by endeavoring to convey the whole picture all at once. Sorry about that.

Agape love;

Sol

Bobcat

#13 Post by Bobcat » 2 years ago

Hi Sol, (and good evening to you - here it is about 9:30 pm, eastern US)

I was just reading your post on the other thread Sol. (Here is the thread for reference, just in case, one day, it does not show up in the bottom section.)

That thread has a good bit of research in it. Some interesting ideas are expressed in it.

Bobcat

Get out of her

#14 Post by Get out of her » 2 years ago

Dajo 1 wrote:
I kind of view this place here at discuss the truth as part of what Daniel said as “... many will rove about.. knowledge will become abundant.

I very much wish I could associate myself with what is being conveyed here in Daniel 12. Unfortunately for all of us however the context or setting of this account is actually with respect to the final foretold restoration of full theocratic authority and power of the anointed shepherding class here on the earth.

In other words I'm referring to the final foretold "marriage feast" or renewal of the broken marriage covenant spoken of in accounts like Matthew 25:10. This would have already occurred by this time and the fully restored shepherding power and authority associated with it would now authorize "MANY" to begin "roving about" in what would now comprise a PUBLIC ministry or GENERAL "harvest" as opposed to a ministry strictly to the figurative "lost sheep of the house of Israel" or a harvest merely of the "firstfruits." (Mt 10:5, 6) (Re 20:6)

We might think of these initial ministries to "Christ's brothers" (Mt 25:40) in the way they were demonstrated also in the early part of the first century. During this period there were never more than around 80 people or so at any given time on the entire earth that were even recognized by Jesus as qualified to share in any ministry whatsoever. (Lu 10:1) The "true knowledge" they were involved in disseminating would unfortunately not even begin to become "abundant" until the next official restoration of the divine marriage covenant. This would of course be marked on this occasion with the death and resurrection of Jesus very shortly afterwards. (He 9:16-18) A PUBLIC ministry would now commence (Mt 28:18, 19) or otherwise what could be recognized also as a MASS "exodus" out of the "great city which in a spiritual sense is called Sodom and Egypt where their Lord was also impaled." (Re 11:8) This is the GENERAL "harvest" or "SECOND resurrection" in which "MANY" would now begin "roving about" to dispense this "true knowledge."

Just as demonstrated also with the account of what transpired with the events at Pentecost of 33 CE, the level of holy spirit associated with this particular anointing is so tremendous that it helps the shepherds avoid foolish mistakes such as dropping atom bombs of data all at once on people like I just did the other day. (Joh 16:12)

The good news is we are very soon to experience this final foretold "wedding feast" or official renewal of the broken marriage covenant and by extension the final public ministry that Daniel is speaking of here. (Da 12:4) Moreover If I succeed in more often avoiding foolish mistakes like the one I just made I might even soon be counted among the "ones having insight" identified here in verse three as "shining like the brightness of the expanse" while sharing in this general harvest. (Da 12:3)

The JW organization has long been subliminally if not openly programming their constituents to associate scriptures like Daniel 12:4 with the public ministry they are still currently involved in. I can assure you however that nothing could be further from the truth and I'm certain you already realize this.

Thank you again David for your very fine example of humility and love when it comes to the way that you communicate with others even when they make blatantly obvious and embarrassing mistakes. If you can keep it up along with what is undeniably a very strong appetite for true spiritual feeding, I have no doubt whatsoever you will be among the ones soon to share in the ministry spoken of here in Daniel 12.

Agape love;
Sol

Get out of her

#15 Post by Get out of her » 2 years ago

Bobcat wrote:
One particular area of interest I was hoping to understand was the specific reasons why many expect a singular antichrist just before the end of the age. I have found that out whilst researching this topic. But I haven't fully posted on it yet, and I don't mind seeing others views and research on that particular idea. If one were to look back over my two main posts on this thread, they will see my interest in this sub-topic woven in.

Yes I would like to comment on this particular issue and thank you for bringing it up Bobcat.

Obviously I am among the ones who have noticed over the years that this particular concept of the "antichrist" as some very dark and foreboding individual who finally manifests himself to humanity shortly before Armageddon is CONSTANTLY being presented to the general populace, and seemingly from all the main factions of Christendom at the very least.

Of course in the case of any and all true Christians, ANY teachings and PARTICULARLY ones more religiously oriented which are so widely promoted and accepted in this demonic world should immediately be viewed with suspicion from the word go. (Mt 7:13, 14) (Joh 15:18, 19) I happen to find this particular teaching and the way it's being propagated a bit more interesting than usual however, and I'd like to explain why.

First of all while all the other main doctrines of Christendom can at least to some extent be made to appear as scripturally based with mere manipulation of holy text, this is simply not the case with this particular teaching. Based on 1 John 2:18 alone, even a young child could easily discern the lack of scriptural foundation in this case. And yet this specific portrayal of the Antichrist persists on such a grand scale. Amazing!

This is really a testimony to the Orwellian (if I might) teaching that if a statement is simply repeated often enough, it will eventually be accepted as Gospel truth. Obviously there is something very true about this approach. It's likely a main if not the primary component to what many would refer to as programming or mind control.

It's interesting to observe the common threads that persist among the teachings of mainstream "Christianity" despite all the variations among its countless denominations. We of course realize that ultimately all lies originate with satan and the demons, and of course they have a long history of mixing in much truth with their lies to make them all the more effective or misleading. (2 Cor 11:13-15) If we really think about it however, wouldn't it make sense that at least when it comes to the lies, they and heir lackeys would very likely settle at some point on exactly which ones they would want to promote as well as the exact manner in which they would go about doing so?

One of the things that true Christians are well aware of is that the Roman world power was ultimately identified in the scriptures as in some form or other comprising the very last political power that the demons would be working through to accomplish their agendas all the way to Armageddon. (Da 7:7-11) In line with this the evidence continues even until now to point to the Roman Catholic Church as ultimately pulling all the puppet strings when it comes to basically all things political, financial and religious in this satanic system of things. The reason I bring this up is because of an interview or two I recently watched of an ex Jesuit priest who defected from the Catholic Church a number of years ago and began exposing it publicly.

Is anyone else here familiar perhaps with this ex-Jesuit priest by the name of Alberto Rivera? Reportedly he was already murdered a couple years ago by the Church, (as he figured he would), but not before exposing many corrupt practices and teachings of its hierarchy, including one or more that I believe ties neatly into this very topic of the Antichrist.

One of the things Mr. Rivera exposed was that Jesuit priests have long been trained to infiltrate ALL the religions of Christendom, with the obvious objective of corrupting and controlling them from within and ultimately advancing the very same agendas. When it comes to their false teachings at least, (as opposed to the true ones), this would certainly seem to explain not only why basically all of Christendom not only seems to promote the very same lies, but also in basically the very same manner.

When it comes to their explanation or depiction of the Biblical "antichrist," this is certainly no exception. Never mind how scriptural or even utterly ridiculous their notion of this entity might be, they all basically seem to promote this idea of this very spooky and demonic religio/political individual who is supposed to make his presence manifest on the earth shortly before the final foretold Armageddon.

My first question for them would be---what exactly would be new about that? If anything that sounds like a perfect definition of the Pope, and obviously we have all been graced with manifestations of his presence for the last two millenniums.

Agape love;
Sol

AmosAu2

#16 Post by AmosAu2 » 2 years ago

Hi Bobcat,

I'd suggest that there will be some significant understanding that can be gleaned from the book written by Doug Mason. Doug posted here a couple of years ago & put the link to his book in his opening post.
Here's Dougs thread; https://discussthetruth.com/viewtopic.p ... son#p35255

Here's Dougs book; http://www.jwstudies.com/The_Jesus-foll ... _years.pdf

This book is very helpful if sifting through what is actually scripturally correct passages in the NT, & what appears to be additions. This includes some entire books.
This also coincides with what is understood by the Eastern Aramaic Peshita NT. This Text excludes what is commonly called the Western Five; 2 John, 3 John, 2 Peter, Jude & Revelation. This has been very helpful to myself & others in understanding the overall view of scripture. I will still quote from these 5 books, but with some reservation.

I hope this all helps.

Regards, Amos.

Stranger

#17 Post by Stranger » 2 years ago

Sol wrote,
Is anyone else here familiar perhaps with this ex-Jesuit priest by the name of Alberto Rivera? Reportedly he was already murdered a couple years ago by the Church,
Hi Sol,

I want to thank you for bringing up Dr. Alberto Rivera. I am very familiar with him and have listened to a lot of his sermons. If you look back at post # 65 under one of your topics called: 'Does God have a chosen people or nation? If so who or what exactly would they be?", You will see a post about him there.

Now when I tell you that I've listened to a lot of his sermons that's saying a lot because I just don't listen to very many, actually hardly any. The Dr. had me glued to the speaker,No doubt. I always think about him and keep him close by in my own way.

He was killed in the late nineties (1997) if I'm not mistaken. (poisoned).

I hope you are doing very well Sol, and I really mean that!

Stranger, (Eph 2:19)

Get out of her

#18 Post by Get out of her » 2 years ago

Thank you Stranger for the information on Alberto Rivera and also your kind words.

I was unaware not only of the specific post you mentioned, but also of the year that Alberto was murdered. I only just recently became aware of him and his story and somehow got the impression it was only a couple or so years ago that he was killed. I'll make a point of tracking down the particular post you mentioned and going over it. Very interesting story!

Agape love;
Sol

Stranger

#19 Post by Stranger » 2 years ago

Hi Bobcat,

I figured you might be interested in this if you haven't seen it yet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2CDXtWjoU

Stranger

Bobcat

#20 Post by Bobcat » 2 years ago

Hi Stranger,

Thanks for the link. And I did watch it. I had read about this theory some years ago. It reminds me of some of the 'interesting' ideas I've heard among JWs over the years like, 'what is God's favorite color? The answer the person had in mind was, green, based on all the green one sees on earth. My half joking/half incredulous answer would be, 'wait, it must be blue, because that is the color that stands out when you look at the planet from space.' (No wait, that is the smurfs favorite color . . .)

Actually, Qoh 3:11 would be my Bible answer to that question. (For example, green might look good on your lawn, but would you like it if you saw it on your bread?) Gen 1:3-4 might be a close second answer, since "green" is a sub-division or slice of the radiation spectrum we call "light". It would be part of the 'light', and thus, included in what was called, "good". My thinking was always 'different' like that. I don't think some people appreciated how my thinking would throw a wrench in their new found [green] "light". :D (Aha!, wait, if "light" is "good", Vantablack must be "bad." - See here. Indeed, Vantablack is some "bad" stuff!)

Another example comes to mind: The Evolution book had a picture in it that was captioned something like, 'bombs never made buildings'. And in my mind I would be thinking, 'Silly WT writer, everything was made with 'explosions and explosive like operations. . .

Incidentally, thanks for the offered help with the refrigerator. The problem was a small piece of styrofoam that blocked the fan in the top freezer that distributes cool air to the lower section.

I'm glad the rains have come. My goodness, the heat seemed so intense last week. I used a weed trimmer for about an hour last week and ended up sick for three days.

Bobcat