The 390 & 40 Days of Ezekiel Chapter 4

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Jeremiah

Re: The 390 & 40 Days of Ezekiel Chapter 4

#191 Post by Jeremiah » 3 weeks ago

Hi Dajo

As Bobcat says, click the top right button, then you can delete out any portion that you don't want.
Bobcat wrote:
3 weeks ago
Dajo1 wrote:
3 weeks ago

Also. On another issue I am having:

Could somebody here help (in a simple way) me how, to embed or "include" a "Quote" from someone's comment and "quote" it - in my own comment?

Thanks.
Do you mean like this?

The above quote resulted from me clicking on the most right button in the row of buttons at the top right of your post.

Bobcat
And hi Bobcat.

You said you don't use that method.
Is there another way to do it?

Still got to get a round tuit to learning how to insert scripture references and links!

Regards
Jeremy

Bobcat

#192 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

You can highlight the text you want to quote and then press Control-C to copy it. Then, in your post, press the quote button and then press Control-V to paste.

To highlight text without a mouse, double-tap on the first word you want to highlight and then use Shift-Arrow key to stretch the highlight over the text you want to copy. If you triple-tap a whole paragraph will be highlighted. (This will usually work on any text displayed on your screen. It doesn't have to be in an edit box.)

If you are not using a mouse (which most times I am not) the keyboard shortcuts to remember are:
Control-Z = Undo most recent edit
Control-X = Copy and delete highlighted text
Control-C = Copy highlighted text
Control-V = Paste copied text
With a mouse these same edits can be done with a Right-Click to bring up a context menu.

To insert a link with a word or phrase, highlight the word or phrase you want to become a link. Then press the "Insert URL" button at the top of the edit box. For example, if I want to associate a URL with the word "here," I highlight "here", press the "Insert URL" button and a pair of brackets will appear around the word. It will look like this: {url}here{/url}. Only it will have the square brackets. I used the curly ones to show you.

Next, add an equal sign like this: {url=}here{/url} Then, after the equal sign paste in your URL address like so:
When you preview or submit your post it will show like this: here

I hope that answers to what you were asking.

Bobcat

Dajo1

#193 Post by Dajo1 » 3 weeks ago

Good evening Jeremiah and Bobcat,

I really appreciate the instructions and help there.
Off for the night now. I'll have a play with that tomorrow.. (Sunday). Nearly 10PM here now and had a big day. Mrs Dajo was involved listening to the "Special Talk" and I went out doing some essential shopping. I was not popular!

Stranger

#194 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Dajo1 wrote:
3 weeks ago
Well, ok....

there's been Stranger thingamaBobs.

Fortunately we all have only one Sol

..."You're not unlucky knowing me,
keeping the speed real slow
In any case I set my own pace
by stealing the show"...

I say "[ l-o...l-o ]" to you "Dajo".

Tip of the day: Do your utmost to stay in harmony with the gospel, times are a changing!

Stranger,(Lu 9:52-53)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldlpGmkBX7w

Bobcat

#195 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Had a similar reaction when I would choose to work instead of sitting in the annual meeting or similar. They equate it with thumbing your nose at the GB. (I guess, to be honest, ... :whistle: )

I've given the special talk several times in years past. Was always impressed with how unimpressive it was. Mostly just hype.

Bobcat

Stranger

#196 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Jeremiah wrote:
3 weeks ago
Still got to get a round tuit to learning how to insert scripture references and links!
Jeremiah,

"Cut through the crowd, adjust the wedge", I haven't heard from you since the needle touched the disk.

Radio monitoring, floating good friend of mine, have you learned the other side of those lyrics yet?

Stranger,(Job 13:4 KJV)

Stranger

#197 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
3 weeks ago
I've given the special talk several times in years past. Was always impressed with how unimpressive it was. Mostly just hype.
Mostly?.... hmm... what did you think of the least of it? I mean mostly= (modes of operation for Satan's lie).

Stranger, ( Tit. 1:5)

Get out of her

#198 Post by Get out of her » 3 weeks ago

Dajo1 wrote;
On a more serious note Sol, I understand the wording "covenant" to be a poor word choice when Jesus was addressing them.

(I am willing to be corrected.)
Happy to see you are humbly open to correction on this David since it would be very fitting in this case.

First of all the definition of the word- covenant is simply with reference to a binding and solemn agreement between two parties which is of course precisely what is occurring here also in Luke 22:28, 29. Even more important however is the fact that throughout the entire history of Jehovah's nation or people, the establishment or even RE-establishment of genuine theocratic power and authority (which is of course also referred to as a kingdom or nation) in ANY measure was consistently equated TO and accompanied WITH a formal covenant between Jehovah and mankind. This was the case whether it be in connection with the ancient Noah and the formal agreements made by Jehovah with him, the covenant that Jehovah at some point made with Abraham, the Mosaic Law Covenant that was established in connection with fleshly Israel, or the kingdom covenant that was eventually formed in connection with SPIRITUAL Israel. There is certainly no need to take Sol's word for it however since we can easily substantiate this for ourselves by merely examining scriptures such as the following: (Gen 6:18 9:12-17 15:18) (Ex 34:10-15) (He 8:6)

Nevertheless since this seems to have somehow become an issue with my last post, why don't we try simply re-phrasing the question in which I used this word –covenant:

Did Jesus make a binding and solemn agreement to restore or renew genuine theocratic authority and power upon 11 disciples of his who HAD NOT "gotten out from among and separated themselves" from the false religious customs, teachings, traditions and practices of THEIR day? (2 Cor 6:17) (Mt 15:6-9)

Agape love;
Sol

Jeremiah

#199 Post by Jeremiah » 3 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
3 weeks ago

I hope that answers to what you were asking.

Bobcat
It does, thank you.

Jeremiah

#200 Post by Jeremiah » 3 weeks ago

Stranger wrote:
3 weeks ago
Jeremiah wrote:
3 weeks ago
Jeremiah,

"Cut through the crowd, adjust the wedge", I haven't heard from you since the needle touched the disk.

Radio monitoring, floating good friend of mine, have you learned the other side of those lyrics yet?

Stranger,(Job 13:4 KJV)
Stranger,

I've been monitoring all the channels on this box. The waves have gotten pretty choppy under this lilypad, with a newly formed publishing house (yes I copied you Stranger), abodes, baptism, virgins, bread and wine, my DF needle is bouncing all over. Just can't get a bearing on that signal. Wiser for me to keep silent (Job 13:5).

The other side of which lyrics? A private channel could help, don't want to hog this channel.

Jeremy