The 390 & 40 Days of Ezekiel Chapter 4

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
John S

Re: The 390 & 40 Days of Ezekiel Chapter 4

#181 Post by John S » 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone.

What is the big hoopla about? Is there a new structural change in WT writership or leadership?

Anyway, as Stranger notes...too little ...too late.

To The ‘big enlightenment’ on the part of the new prophet there...that Christendom is not the fulfillment of the bad man role Jerusalem styled......

....so what.😂😂😂

Yes, I was in it most of my life and YES...WT constantly claims to be ‘the Good Guys’....and everyone else..I mean EVERYONE are the bad evil ones. Jesus said over and over ‘with the judgment you are weighing out YOU will be weighed out.’

You think there is no sin ...serious sin ...being committed by WT people or hierarchy?

There is no man that does not sin....emphasized repeatedly in the Word of God.

Fornicators, thieves, drunkards, extortioners....and more all are there in that pot of stew just as anywhere.

And I also disagree with the main teaching by WT that ‘Jehovah’ is the true God. Yahweh is his name not Jehovah. So its a sad trick played on the followers who claim they fight hard to deliver up ‘solid and true spiritual food,’ ..

...unlike ‘Christendom’.....which means the lands of Christianity, not Christianity, which they are not, as they do not teach Christ’s teachings nor obey his commands to enter into a covenant with him for a kingdom and become baptized not only in water, but with the Holy Spirit.

I have attended MANY churches over the years...many. And I have seen and enjoyed fellowship with many who were born of the Spirit and worked hard to be better Christians, not pointing fingers at people.

But when I received the Holy Spirit rebirth, I was mocked and driven out of WT ranks.

So my conclusion?

‘Get out of her my people’, applies to any hypocritical institution intent on manipulation, control, and money grabbing, and steers one AWAY from what being a Christian actually is.

To this day, after the reading the Bible and thinking hard about it all my life? I still have no hard set belief on who or what is ‘Babylon the Great’, but we all can see she is evil, hypocritical, and a murderous fornicator, so ....

...don’t do those things, and follow Christ.

John S

#182 Post by John S » 4 weeks ago

Excuse me...Dajo....not Stranger wrote this one above, but it sounded like Stranger who makes very good calls imo.

Stranger

#183 Post by Stranger » 4 weeks ago

John S wrote:
4 weeks ago
Excuse me...Dajo....not Stranger wrote this one above, but it sounded like Stranger who makes very good calls imo.
Hi John S,
Here's a good one,

Every rose has it's thorn
every bee has it's sting
nearly all rocks contain minerals
Jehovah of Armies has only one General .....

His name is not YaHWeH that would be the holy Hebrew tetragrammaton!

Study up on Herod the tetrarch from Galilee. The "tetra' is not supportive of the Christ then or now. Scholars will tell you one thing but your common sense should be telling you another.

Stranger, (Lu 9:7)

Get out of her

#184 Post by Get out of her » 4 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
The Congregation Book Study for this week (3/15/21) is discussing the prophecy in Ezekiel chapter 4. For an alternative way of seeing how it was fulfilled one might look at the OP in this thread (here).
Dajo1 wrote:
I have been quite intrigued/interested and fascinated by this book. PURE WORSHIP RESTORED ...
The build through the book continues to .."sort of" follow the same old narrative that "we JWs are not like Christendom that WAS like, and is, pictured by ..Jerusalem. THEY are SOoo bad! (Not like us)
It is certainly everyone's prerogative to do things like attend the meetings of "Jehovah's Witnesses" or read their literature; nevertheless I would pose the following questions to you:

If someone were to inquire of YOU regarding what is being conveyed by the scriptural commands found in accounts like Matthew 24:15, 16, 2 Corinthians 6:17, Mark 8:15, or Revelation 18:4, how would YOU go about explaining the answer to this question from the scriptures?

If we are among the ones who have "caught sight" of the fact that organized religion is now completely corrupted or false and we are therefore once again in dire need of another foretold "presence of our Lord Jesus Christ" and its corresponding "day of Jehovah," how exactly would we go about justifying our continued participation in these religious practices? (2 Th 2:1-4)

At the point in which Jesus renewed yet another broken kingdom covenant with 11 of his disciples in this exact same setting shortly before his death and resurrection, did he do so with ones who HAD NOT "gotten out from among and separated themselves" from such things? (2 Cor 6:17)

Would anyone care to address these questions with the scriptures?

Agape love;
Sol

Stranger

#185 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Get out of her wrote:
4 weeks ago
If we are among the ones who have "caught sight" of the fact that organized religion is now completely corrupted or false and we are therefore once again in dire need of another foretold "presence of our Lord Jesus Christ" and its corresponding "day of Jehovah," how exactly would we go about justifying our continued participation in these religious practices? (2 Th 2:1-4)
Get out of her wrote:
4 weeks ago
Would anyone care to address these questions with the scriptures?
Hi Sol,

Nice to see you back, I was about to send the posse to see about you, but now I know you're not M.I.A., perhaps just a little "stranger on the train phenomenon" you had to come to terms with to realize you are an adult now, or at the very least old enough to look after the young ones.

You now know that you and I speak man to man when we talk about the Word of God and the "presence of our Lord Jesus Christ", the invisible and allowed visibility of this Presence.

But nevertheless, and I know you like that word from the many of your vocabulary, I would like to address the scriptures to your questions.

"Neverthess I must walk to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected," (Lu 13:33)

O Jerusalem Jerusalem, which killeth the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! (Lu 13:34)

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate, and verily I say unto you, ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. (Lu 13:35)

To be continued,

Stranger

Bobcat

#186 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

To be continued
A true Sol-ism!

Bobcat

Stranger

#187 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
3 weeks ago
A true Sol-ism!

A truce alism!

Stranger

Dajo1

#188 Post by Dajo1 » 3 weeks ago

Well, ok....

there's been Stranger thingamaBobs.

Fortunately we all have only one Sol

Dajo1

#189 Post by Dajo1 » 3 weeks ago

On a more serious note Sol, I understand the wording "covenant" to be a poor word choice when Jesus was addressing them.

(I am willing to be corrected.)

Also. On another issue I am having:

Could somebody here help (in a simple way) me how, to embed or "include" a "Quote" from someone's comment and "quote" it - in my own comment?

Thanks.

Bobcat

#190 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Dajo1 wrote:
3 weeks ago
On a more serious note Sol, I understand the wording "covenant" to be a poor word choice when Jesus was addressing them.

(I am willing to be corrected.)

Also. On another issue I am having:

Could somebody here help (in a simple way) me how, to embed or "include" a "Quote" from someone's comment and "quote" it - in my own comment?

Thanks.
Do you mean like this?

The above quote resulted from me clicking on the most right button in the row of buttons at the top right of your post. I usually don't use that method because it quotes the entire post. Most times I prefer to quote a specific portion of a post. (Of course, one can also quote the whole post and then edit out what is not needed.)

And incidentally, I agree with you about the word "covenant" at Luke 22:28-29. (See also Lu 22:28-29 NET, and various other translations here.)

Bobcat