The 390 & 40 Days of Ezekiel Chapter 4

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: The 390 & 40 Days of Ezekiel Chapter 4

#161 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

We've had several posts in this thread dealing with population calculators. Here is a post from Quora dealing with the hypothetical multiplication of humans starting with just one couple.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#162 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Eric Wilson has a multipart series on the dating for Jerusalem's destruction by the Babylonians. Parts 1 and 2 are already available. And part 3 is on the way. (I'll add the link when it becomes available.) They can be read below:

While I am at it, Tadua (from Eric Wilson's site) has a series on chronology that has a massive amount of research. The various parts can be seen below:

Bobcat

Bobcat

#163 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

I wanted to link another thread (here) with this one, especially to the OP (here). The thread is concerning WT's quoting of Ephraim Stern.

The linked thread gives an example of the dishonest scholarship of the WT in connection with their 607 dating for Jerusalem's destruction by the Babylonians.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#164 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

This post has a link to the Beroean Pickets site to an article series that ties in Chinese history with Bible history.

Bobcat

DomineIvimus

#165 Post by DomineIvimus » 1 year ago

Thanks for the link to the Ephraim Stern quote Bobcat. I’d heard mention of it but not read it in full until today

I might say another nail in the coffin, although I have long run out of room to knock any more in

Thanks
DI

Bobcat

#166 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Thank you DI,

If you haven't already, check out the posts further down in that thread for additional material about Stern and Eilat Mazar.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#167 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

For another example of questionable WT quoting, but on a different topic, see this thread on the phrase, "called Christians by divine providence." (Ac 11:28) Linking this here for similarity of topic and for reference purposes.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#168 Post by Bobcat » 10 months ago

A web site that discusses the WT's view of 1914 and the "last days": Here. Since this is my go to chronology thread, it seemed the best thread to park this in.

Bobcat

Stranger

#169 Post by Stranger » 10 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

If the GB were to accept 586/587 B.C. instead of 607 B.C. then they could move 1914 to 1934 and still ride on the old generation doctrine that seems to be less spoken of at this point. New light could be old light overlapping!

I suppose 586/587 B.C. doesn't hold the same importance to one that isn't a believer in, or familiar with the "end of the gentile times" compared to one who is familiar and does believe in it and only knows it from a 607 B.C. standpoint?

What's twenty years when eternity is involved?

Stranger, (Lu 9:44)

AmosAu3

#170 Post by AmosAu3 » 10 months ago

Hi Bobcat and Stranger,

Thanks for reviving this thread.

Regarding the dating of the destruction of Jerusalem.....it seems to me, from historical sources that Jerusalem was eventually sieged by Babylon in the year 587 BCE and eventually destroyed in 586 BCE. There are numerous articles on this fact, including the Jewish Encyclopedia. The WTS have, I believe, deliberately ignored the evidence for this dating to protect their own false theological stance regarding 607-1914.

The first temple was still in operation until 586 BCE.

Regards, Amos.